1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make pets unaffected by Battleship's speed

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Freshmaniac, Aug 26, 2022.

1. Freshmaniac

Freshmaniac Mano

Nov 12, 2019
    Male
    3:59 AM
    Piershingu
    Corsair
    Make pets upgraded by Kenta retain the original owner's speed even while mounted on Corsair's Battleship.

Pets that have been upgraded by Kenta after completing the quest "Kenta's Advice" will match the owner's speed. This is a nice buff that allows them to pick up a few more items than normal when grinding. When Corsairs mount Battleship, upgraded pets will actually slow down to match Battleship's speed (even though the speed and jump stats in character info are unaffected while mounted on Battleship). I'm not 100% sure if un-upgraded pets also alter their speed to match Battleship. At least, make pets retain original 100% speed even while mounted on Battleship.

• Like Like x 1
  2. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    1:59 AM
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Would it be possible for you to use pets that haven’t finished the Kenta quest?

Use 1 pet that has finished the Kenta Quest, and the 2 other pets without.

This method could help you farm faster normally, and while mounted in ship (you’ll need to test this out, it’ll take you 3-4 min to use two unquested pets)

3. OP
    OP
    Freshmaniac

Freshmaniac Mano

Nov 12, 2019
    Male
    Piershingu
    Corsair
    This is not a catch-all solution since any scrolled pet equips are specific to that pet, so you cannot transfer scrolled pet equips--and scrolling is very costly, both meso and NX-wise (and sanity-wise since any equip that has a lot of slots fail and you'd rather not use them cannot be deleted except for putting them on a character and deleting the character, so they just fester in your Cash Shop inventory for eternity :cry:). So if you are grinding and use those pet equips for HP/speed/jump (as in my case), it is very undesirable to use different pets. This solution is asking for people to buy a new set of pets, scrolling a new set of pet equipment (of which a decent one requires re-buys when scrolls fail or the equip is boomed), and leaving them un-upgraded so that they're better than upgraded pets only while mounted on Battleship. Not to mention the requirement to buy and continually maintain & revive those pets.

And...unfortunately, I do not currently have any living pets that are un-upgraded and I do not wish to spend summer tokens or NX to buy a pet that I do not plan to use regularly so I'm not in a good position to test it right now.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Oof… This is the only method so far. Also it’s pretty cheap once you’re done with Washing.

Also, pet scrolls are pretty cheap compared to int scrolls.

Is this your only account? Are you just starting out? Just wondering for reference.

Do you have another account for using as Owl/Smega mule or other misc NX usage?

5. OP
    OP
    Freshmaniac

Freshmaniac Mano

Nov 12, 2019
    Male
    Piershingu
    Corsair
    Don't discount the cost of 30% HP pet scrolls...which have been deliberately made to be the only pet scrolls worth using (10%/30%->50 HP compared to 60%/70%->10 HP). They will add up to a hefty sum, depending on your goals. And since pet/jump scrolls are cheap, that sets the goalpost of a decent piece pretty high. It wouldn't cost too many mesos to continually chuck scrolls until you get like 6/7 scrolls to land, you just need to have enough pieces of gear--which is where most of the cost (NX) comes into play.

I've been around for awhile but I just came back from a break. I'm still in the middle of the perpetual process of washing characters so I'd rather not spend NX or summer tokens just to test. It is unfortunate that changing out pets isn't too convenient--but of course, I'd rather just have upgraded pets retain speed!

6. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Ooo i see. Yeah, the Pet HP scroll are under 2.5m which is rather cheap.

Seems like if that’s your only character, then yeah… best to vote more on different accounts.

Not too much has changed for Pet speed lately. Although many people use Pet Speed for farming.

If pet speed was locked to Character Speed/Jump rather than Mount Speed/Jump, that would reduce the speed of sweeping when people mount onto their hogs/dragons.

It would be nice if the pet speed/jump changes/improvements are specifically only for the Battleship Skill.

7. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    What if you get off battleship when you need to loot items?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Freshmaniac

Freshmaniac Mano

Nov 12, 2019
    Male
    Piershingu
    Corsair
    Ahh, I actually didn't know that mounts increase the speed of pets. That's a nice feature for mount owners. I personally have never bought a mount since I find it too much mesos for me (which I could spend instead on destructive gambling habits). I assume it's easily doable to do with just Battleship, especially with all the client changes recently which used to always be censured as impossible with v62.
    Not sure how often you grind mobs to level up or farm on your Corsair--definitely more efficient ways to grind at the same time and make money, or just level up by bossing--but there are many times when it's just better to stay mounted. Might be hard to envision, but imagine you kill a mob mid-range from you (with Cannon, obviously), then you turn around and kill one or two mobs far range from you, then you jump down to the next mobs. Normally, your pet would have looted the drops from the first mob, but because your pet is so slow while on Battleship, it never actually makes it to the items before you jump down. Or, in general, you just leave drops after killing a mob because you know you will cycle back to that location and assume your pet will loot it the next time you're there, but because your pet is so slow on Battleship, it doesn't actually get to it.

Obviously I can dismount after clearing a platform and just wait there standing still for the pet to finally loot items (speaking of, has anyone ever suggested to revamp the incredibly scuffed pet item looting movement? Although it would seem like a difficult problem to fix), but even more obviously I can just dismount and walk to the items myself and pick everything up :p And even more obviously (that's really obvious now!) we know these suggestions threads do not exist to tell someone, "Just avoid the issue." Being on Battleship and using skills is basically the only time a Corsair's pet will ever move to pick items up, since the pet only moves to loot when your character is standing still. You can--obviously--see the issue, since the pet could only ever loot items close to you. The Corsair class basically invalidates using Binoculars, Wing Boots, and an upgraded pet which is not a good interaction and the reason I made the suggestion.

9. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    What i do in the situation you described (assuming that the items NEED to be looted) is switch from battleship to a mount (wild boar / draco). The mounts have a lot of speed which makes your pets move very fast.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Mounts are 50m ish and is super cheap compared to many equips and skillbooks used in endgame.
    • Especially if you dont gamble away your mesos
    • Cheaper to buy prescrolled equips

All prices have gotten higher in the last 1-2 years that you were gone. Btw, we’re using Prestigious Coins as the currency/stocks, since its tied to CS/WS

Also farming methods have changed a lot. For farming mob drops, better to just swap to your mount.

50m to buy a mount is moderately priced for most people starting out, and easier for people with +130 characters now, since there are efficient ways to farm 50m in an average of 8 to 10 hours by farming scrolls/equips and selling gacha.
    • Mounts are very necessary for most characters as mains without moving/speed type skills

There are also people who can farm 50m on average in only 5 to 7 hours.

Although bossing does give good rewards, currently farming mobs produces higher meso profits.

Use this to find good prices of scrolls to farm/gacha and sell:
    https://owlrepo.com/

You can use the library to search for the mobs that drop them. Some maps have better platforms that makes it easier to farm.
    https://maplelegends.com/lib/use?page=1&search=Scroll For

• Great Work Great Work x 1