1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Auf Heben Tier List

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by akashsky, Aug 21, 2022.

1. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    3:57 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    This is a thread to discuss the different classes viability at auf heben. This is obviously going to change as people develop new strategies and as staff implements some balance changes.

If you want to create a tier list here is a link:
    link to create auf heben tier list

I may even be completely wrong on my list, but I'll start things off. Anyways below is my tier list (this assumes that every class is properly washed).

upload_2022-8-20_16-34-0.png

S tier:
    Buccaneer is the only S tier class for this boss. It is required for every run in the current meta, heck, you probably even want 2 buccaneers per run as a backup in case something goes wrong. They are the best class at controlling auf heben, and SI is a very strong party buff to the other higher tier classes.

A Tier:
    Hero and Paladin. I think Hero is high A tier because they are the best class at clearing the mini auf's that get summoned. The mini aufs spam defense up, which lowers your damage by like 80%. Hero has armor crash which can remove the defense buff. Bishops can do this as well, but, given how important it is to remove the defense buff, having redundancy for this is important.

Paladin on par or slightly higher than hero in terms of cleave dpm because the mini aufs are holy weak. However, not having armor crash i think means that there is tradeoff to including one compared to a hero. They do, however, do a lot more damage on auf heben.

B Tier:
    Bishop / Marksman / Shadower

I am not sure on bishop, i think bishop if played properly can be in A tier. In the current meta of auf heben, bishops are NOT muled due to how difficult it is to survive as a bishop with the constant dispels.

Marksman I think is the only viable range attacker due to decent cleave damage on the mini auf heben summons. SE is also a nice boost to the rest of the party.

Shadower at B tier i am also not sure of. I just believe they would perform decently on this boss, but I have not really seen any shads in auf heben.

C tier:
    Dark knight / Corsair / NL

DK could perhaps be in low B tier, but i do know that zerking is very dangerious in auf heben. If a skilled dk was able to maintain high zerk uptime and deal about the same DPM as a hero or paladin, they could even be A tier. HB isn't that great of a skill in this boss due to the fact that it will get dispelled too frequently.

Corsair and NL make the rest of C tier. They can do okay single target on auf, but the meta overall seems to be centered around killing the summons as fast as possible, and these classes do not contribute much to that mission.

D tier:
    Bowmaster, between DR and poo mobbing capability, bowmasters suck at this boss in the current meta. Essentially se mules.

F tier:
    Fire poison / Ice lightning archmage

The summons are strong to fire / ice, so archmages don't contribute good cleave damage to the summons. Auf heben is weak to poison / lightning so at least they can do some daamge there. However, they are not able to pin or control aggro or KB, so they are strictly inferior to hero / paladin for cleave, or corsair / NL for single target. There isn't really a niche for archmage here.

Attached Files:

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. wurl

wurl Mushmom

Jun 28, 2022
    12:57 PM
    Don’t corsairs actually do decent cleave damage with the torpedo skill?

3. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Its not that great on 3 targets, and once your ship breaks your cleave damage is gone (ice splitter / flamethrower won't work as the mini aufs resist fire and ice).

• Like Like x 1
  4. faithie

faithie King Slime

Jan 27, 2022
    6:57 PM
    faithx3
    F/P Arch Mage
    under the assumption that all classes are properly washed, AMs should be on the same tier as NLs

a beginner-mage-washed AM can practically deal freefire dpm (outside of sed and global DP) if the FP bodytanks auf, which will match or even beat NLs purely because of the latter's reliance on buffs; and, of course auf being poison/lightning weak. the same argument can be made in clone 2 phase.

i dont think a beginner-mage-washed AM is going to be in much danger because if anything, they can portal to top right

5. shck

shck Timer Retired Staff

Feb 10, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    Recube
    Buccaneer
    Bloom
    i'd swap both AMs with BM and bring shads right up there beside buccs

6. shck

shck Timer Retired Staff

Feb 10, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    Recube
    Buccaneer
    Bloom
    After running more Aufs, I believe I have my conclusion:
    Ranked based on party buffs, utility and damage output.
    my-image.png

S Tier:
    Bucc - Refer to OP, also take into consideration TL-ing your pt members Hero's Will if you have nothing else to TL.
    Shad - Smoke. Gets DP'd way less than other classes, only needs meso guard to resume doing damage since you get SI.

A Tier:
    Paladins - The absolute best damage dealer on every part of the Auf boss fight, for now.

B Tier:

Marksman - Sharp Eyes, Blind. Decent DPM. Nothing else worth mentioning.
    Bishop - Holy Shield, Ress. Would be 1 tier up but requires Magic Guard to stay alive. Would move 1 tier up if heavily washed.

Hero - When you find out you can neglect defense up on minis. Heros are pretty much slightly lower DPM compared to paladin.

C Tier:
    Night Lord & Corsair - They're really just there to do some damage. Some.

D Tier:
    Bowmaster - Well there's DR...

Dark Knight - Hyper Body is essentially a non-factor in this discussion(am working on clearing Auf with under-washed characters; will move up when we do). Other than that, for DKs to do damage at their fullest potential in this boss takes too much effort & it's pretty high risk.

Archmages - They are Night Lord & Corsair but with elemental magic damage and require Magic Guard to stay alive. Wouldn't move 1 tier up even if heavily washed since overall damage will be inferior to NL/Sair.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  7. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    7:57 AM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    Redundancy to deal with def up (what if bishop dies or dcs) makes them on par or superior to paladin. Also, their panic every few secs can easily pin auf without the need of rush, which is pretty good too

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  8. shck

shck Timer Retired Staff

Feb 10, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    Recube
    Buccaneer
    Bloom
    I think the problem is we usually don't run with a bishop despite having many discussions on how good Bishops are or can be(hi HolpHolp ).
    The thing with neglecting defense up, depends on how you run it. Knowing the duration of defense up buff on minis helps a lot. Our Hero also rarely gets to 10 orbs, not sure if its the same for everyone else.

Again, it's my POV and there's literally 30 or less people that've ran and cleared Auf on legends, the current/existing strategy is far from optimal since I firmly believe Auf is very much NOT cleave content, more like single target melee and it'll be range friendly sooner rather than later.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Before I can get behind shadower being S tier, I need to see some dpm tests. Currently, I believe that the optimal way to take down clones is to kill them 1 by 1, because it reduces the amount of healing done to auf heben (and other clones). I do think shad could be A tier, but I'd need to see something like 6m+ single target dpm on auf / clones for it to be S tier.

[​IMG]

Above is my corsair dpm 50 (coke pill, si, mw30) from a 5 man run with 2x bucc, 1x paladin, 1x sair, 1x bishop composition (with single target clone strategy, and total run time was a bit above 50mins). With this dpm, I think corsair should at least be B tier.

upload_2022-9-1_20-33-2.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  10. mard

mard Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    5:57 AM
    Don't really have too strong of an opinion on a tier-list at auf but I can confirm that it is both possible/practical to hurricane at auf even accounting for DR.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Remember when hamstring was supposed to do something for auf? :V

12. shck

shck Timer Retired Staff

Feb 10, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    Recube
    Buccaneer
    Bloom
    I've ran with Corsair twice(?) but they die by the first clones so I put them according to the OP.

To justify Shadowers being S Tier, you'd have to witness how often shad dodges the ball dispels & how good Smoke actually is. We haven't done any DPM tests in Auf though, could try later but with our no bishop party composition I'm sure DPM will be significantly lower, disregarding gears. Holy Shield does wonders in Auf.

EDIT: Yes, taking down the minis 1 by 1 is definitely the optimal way, just depends on where you'd rather have them be hanging around.

13. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    1:57 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    remember? hamstring does affect auf haven.

14. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    7:57 AM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    pog, but can we get an HT tierlist? :oops:

15. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    Bishop S Tier. just see the number of recruitment posts for that LOL

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    HT_tierlist.png

Move shad to B-tier if disregarding the existence of sed mules.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1