1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

High level versions of PQs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Daydreamer, Jul 5, 2023.

1. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    2:13 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    I would like to do low level PQs with fourth job players. I think there should be level 120+ versions of KPQ, LPQ, LMPQ, EPQ, OPQ, MPQ, and PPQ.

The mob damage and HP should be scaled up. I don't think the content should be hard. It should be as easy as those PQs are at their respective levels, but maybe with more HP on the bosses so that they don't immediately fold against high level players. It should be doable by any party at normal bossing levels, and not as hard as normal bosses. The XP should be scaled up, but the drops/rewards should be removed.

I think instead of boss monster cards and normal PQ rewards like squishy shoes, you should be able to win points which you can exchange for rewards. It should be the same across PQs, but maybe rates could change depending on the PQ.

It could go in the Kerning Internet Cafe map, which is currently unused:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    11:13 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    While I think this could be somewhat enjoyable, I'm not sure what incentive there would be.
    Would the exp be good enough to compare to high level grinding/leeching?
    Would there be rewards for x runs similar to the lower level versions (or would it just allow higher lvl users to get the lower lvl equips?)

It seems interesting, but I think it largely depends on the details.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Daydreamer

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I don't think the rewards should be the same as low level content. I like the normal lvl PQs having exclusive content and I don't think it's worth it to try to rebalance every PQ's rewards. What I had in mind was something like the event PQs (Puff, Tower, Axes) that give points/coupons that can be spent at a shop. I envisioned the EXP to be pretty comparable to grinding. Since 120-200 is a massive level range, maybe a reward can be a trade-in item that gives EXP adjusted for level. I think gacha tickets or low tier pouches could be a nice reward too... really it could be anything. The main goal is to allow people to rerun this lower level content and have some extra content which is easier than bossing (lower barrier to entry, lower or no pot cost, simpler/less coordinated content) and more interactive, social, and accessible (for non-mage jobs) than grinding.

4. CreamPuffDad

CreamPuffDad Timer

Jun 29, 2022
    Male
    5:13 PM
    xLianneBelle
    Dark Knight
    Bonerwood
    No need to allocate a new place for this I think.

Just tweak the original npc to have a separate category when clicking on them, one for the original level bracket, one for the new bracket, then you don't have to change the inside other than to tweak the numbers a little to match the new bracket.

5. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    5:13 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    That'd be awesome!!

Agreed with Creampuffdad, using the same NPC and location would make the world feel more full.

This could be a solution for filling the void that is the self-grinding options for levels 100-130. Allow players of any level to enter (and help) but optimize the exp for helping players in that range.

6. Nadav1

Nadav1 King Slime

May 18, 2021
    Male
    12:13 PM
    Beginner
    this server supposed to be nostalgic.. adding those type of stuffs just make it feels weird.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    6:13 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I support some nightmare map version, where the mobs are stronger, it has different drops

8. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    I heard Core Blaze is a PQ right GurkGurk ?

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Prudence55

Prudence55 Stone Golem

May 16, 2020
    Male
    4:13 AM
    Poignant
    Bishop
    WeeniesHutJr
    CWKPQ is a sort of a high leveled PQ.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Daydreamer

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Yeah there are a few like CWKPQ, Core Blaze, and arguably El Nath PQ and GPQ. I think there should be more though.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    6:13 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    i heard about nightmare KPQ for lv 150-200 where the ligators have 600k hp, something like it should be nice

• Like Like x 1
  12. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    El Nath and Guild PQ are not high level focused, those are more like "group focus" as in they all work together to achieve the goal of clear. If theres a high level or not it is not really relevant to the setting of those specific examples.

CWKPQ is most suggestable as easily the best high level content for EV, unless you consider getting lucky with MW30/Facestompers at Pink Bean (which is not sustainable).

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    11:13 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    While I agree, this server is already far beyond a nostalgic server tbh

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Daydreamer

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    That's why I suggest putting it in the internet cafe map. That's something most players have never seen.