1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bring back Mini Dungeons

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by CreamPuffDad, Jul 19, 2023.

1. CreamPuffDad

CreamPuffDad Timer

Jun 29, 2022
    Male
    2:25 AM
    xLianneBelle
    Dark Knight
    Bonerwood
    I know these were taken away for a reason after the population boom faded away, but after the reduction in channels, finding a spot at popular grind maps like GS2, CDs, ULU2 and Petris feel like an absolute chore. Just yesterday I spent nearly 3 hours waiting for a spot to open up at Ulu 2, which was absolutely ridiculous.

I know that the big guys up top don't want the channels to feel empty, that's why they reduced it from 8 to 6, but that doesn't account for the number of people who want to utilize popular maps. So my proposal is to bring back mini dungeons, that way they can keep it at 6 channels, but double the number of grind maps with mini dungeons and give the grinders more space to play with.

• Agree Agree x 13
  2. Lucidcat

Lucidcat Mixed Golem

May 14, 2021
    3:25 AM
    Bring back GTOP rank 2

• Like Like x 1
  3. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    12:25 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    YES pls bring them back, no reason not to!
    sucks for new players when you can't train at the best map, and sucks for established players when you feel like you're griefing newer players by hogging a whole ch. ex: trying to train at CDs and half the maps are taken by bishop selling leech.

4. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    8:25 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I'd rather see the top maps nerfed/other maps buffed to provide more variety instead of everyone hell bent on using the same maps.

The MapleLegends world is huge but most of it is dead due to unbalanced maps.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

CD ratio: 0.089 exp/hp
    beetle ratio: 0.019 exp/hp

CDs have an EXP/HP ratio almost FIVE TIMES that of another level 72 mob, and this isnt even counting the fact that CD literally multiplies when u kill them.

anyway, the reason there are so few meta maps is because in order for a map to be good for leveling, it has to meet very specific criteria. this varies, but the following principles generally apply:
    -small > big
    -dense > sparse
    -good EXP/HP ratio
    -good drops (hint: every mob dense map is a good drop map because of gachapon)
    the huge map rework(s) that happened a while back added new drops, new teleporters, and improved spawns in many maps. this was amazing, but pretty much all of these maps are still unutilized by regular humans. why? because they're still very bad compared to the best options.

maybe the best and simplest way to improve maps in ludi, leafre, orbis, etc without destroying their visual identity is to crank their EXP/HP ratios way up. this still doesn't solve the drop problem and the density problem, but it's a start.

thoughts?

• Like Like x 9
  6. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    8:25 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Make almost all mobs of same LVL XP/HP ratio same-ish

If CDs are at 0.089 xp/hp then try getting all other lvl 72 mobs around the 0.07 and 0.08 range

Or even better, nerf everything down a bit and make most stuff accessible

Nerf CDs a bit down to 0.06 xp/hp and buff beetle to 0.05 xp/hp ratio, same with most mobs around

• Like Like x 3
  7. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    2:25 PM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    I agree that this is the best long term solution. I'm sure it would lead to new "meta" maps, and new opportunities for certain mobs to be considered unbalanced - but it would be a move in the right direction that could be adjusted over time.

However, in the meantime....

100% Agree. It really sucks when the maps you want to play on are full. Especially when it's someone selling quad petri leech for eight hours. Mini dungeons were a nice solution - as the limitations of only allowing the whole party in at a time really favored the casual player vs. the leecher.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    CreamPuffDad

CreamPuffDad Timer

Jun 29, 2022
    Male
    2:25 AM
    xLianneBelle
    Dark Knight
    Bonerwood
    A great solution to dead maps I feel, but with two caveats. The first is that this obviously a massive undertaking that would require the team to tweak mobs individually, and would definitely need a lot of time and effort, thus it can't be implemented in the short term.

Secondly, rather than exp/hp, I would suggest that the tweaks be done based on generally accepted exp/minute or exp/hour, because we all know that's the real differentiator between dead and popular maps.

9. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    1. really not enough time to individually test and handcraft stuff as trivial as midgame grinding maps. just need to make sensible changes, let us the players know, and we will do all the testing.
    2. yes, and ratio is one of the important factors that goes into determining eph. i mention it because i noticed that specifically in that 7x range, the ratios for most mobs are pathetically lacking compared to a few star maps.

i agree with krythan tho, in the meantime the mini dungeons should be brought back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    11:25 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    If they had mini dungeons, bosses, and PQs not tied to channels they could reduce the server to 1 or 2 channels and it would feel way less empty and still way more playable.

11. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    3:25 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    yesterday I saw the lack of Channel for the first time, I like the idea of less cc (like 6) but it needs more alternative yes

• Like Like x 1