1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Scroll for spikes availability

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Thuglifer, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    1:58 PM
    Beginner
    spikes.png
    Hello, this scroll has been added some time now and if owled, on avg 1-2 would appear. This suggestion is to allow for better availability which also allocates more value to certain items. Again, another poor game design on neckson part, which we can do better via the crafting scene. Of course, the easier way around this would be just to buff it's drop-rate or add this to Lycans as well...

Crafting Materials @ Gorgon (shoe maker):
    - Lycan Toenail x 10-20 (optional)
    - Werewolf Toenail x30-50
    - Golden Tooth x10
    - Mesos Req 10m

Re-using Werewolf's etc; as the mob which drops this scroll, medium tier crafting material, would bring some value for adventurers who're not so lucky on their scroll drop as well as the card hunters ability to re-sell it. Considering on avg 4 Werewolves spawn per map, for which there's only 1 map that spawns Werewolf. And 3-4 others that has Lycans which may spawn Werewolf depending on animation RNG when aggro-ed.

As for Golden Tooth, this could be a rare tier crafting material. Bringing further incentive for gold tooth hunters while it's also mainly used for EOF.

Meso req could be 10m meso or so. With the Lower etc requirements, we could allow for a higher cap on mesos.

Additionally, we could also include a custom Cursed Scroll for Spikes on shoes 10% or 30% into the crafting scene with significantly lesser crafting materials requirement.

*These are rough estimates, feel free to change it up. Shoutout to my discussion peers.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2023
    • Great Work x 3
    • Creative x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  2. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    2:58 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    yess, always i search i never find

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. CauTion

CauTion Master Chronos

Nov 5, 2019
    Israel
    8:58 AM
    Thief
    Siege
    I pass the first scroll I tried , and I wouldnt recomanded lol ..
    The movment changing a little bit when you use spiky shoe it will move farther per click can try the diff with snowshoes , the place I feel it the most it when I try drop Pap piece

Last edited: Aug 1, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    7:58 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    There's pros and cons to either option, it could be nice if it was possible to also remove the effect somehow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    10:58 PM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    This is a great suggestion, I'm always down for more ways to get items and I feel like crafting is criminally underrated. It'd be great to get more options available :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I would like this concept scaled up for more of the rare materials/scrolls in game.
    It could be an alternative to RNG farming where most maps are balanced around multimaging capabilities.

Making scrolls or rare item supplies available through quests would open up alternative methods of progression while stacking various bits of RNG together for a higher return. For example, you can farm Nest Golems in order to obtain 30% earring int scrolls from the drop table, but it would feel much more progressive if you could also turn in X amount of Nest Golem etcs + rare regional ETC + mesos for some type of daily quest to convert your efforts into a reward. This places a floor value of your time for those unlucky situations where you have 0 returns over time.

This could make things like card hunting a multivalued task, making for a much more robust Maple experience.

Far too many things are gated behind tall RNG walls. Providing visible means of progress is always a good idea in a slow paced game like Maplestory.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    MAY-KER! MAY-KER! MAY-KER! MAY-KER! MAY-KER! MAY-KER! MAY-KER! MAY-KER! MAY-KER! MAY-KER! MAY-KER! MAY-KER! MAY-KER! MAY-KER! MAY-KER! MAY-KER!
    SKILL!!!

• Great Work Great Work x 3
  8. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Going back to this, I wonder if using Scroll of Secrets as the rare ETC could be something we could explore. The Scroll of Secrets quest is yet another area of the game gated behind RNG, and for the most parts, I ignore those GM hosted events because the effort involved to stop what I'm doing and go to some mini game is usually not worth the reward.

If Scroll of Secrets could be converted into any other scroll of your choosing with an added questline, I could see these GM events being properly incentivized and worth anticipating.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    I think this might defeat the purpose of increasing accessibility of the scroll since it'd be gated behind an event and time zone.

However, I was already assuming 10% spikes were not yet included as part of the reward pool after converting the Scroll of Secrets as I've yet to hear of anyone attaining this, maybe GM can clarify on this. Would love to see it added to the Reward pool if so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    The reason behind this thinking is that it could give Staff a direct lever in controlling the supply. More events directly correlates to more access to conversion.

11. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    7:58 AM
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    I think every mob should drop this scroll

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Your friendliness is appreciated though. =o)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    Hmm I would love to think that Items and Materials req for crafting to be Town/Regional based, as part of the crafting parameters.

For this case; Scroll for Spikes (El Nath origins)= Mesos (Base-Tier) + Werewolf Toenail (Common-Tier @ El Nath) + Golden Tooth (Rare-Tier @ El Nath).

Parameters
    • Common Tier - Easy Accessibility, Attainability, Survivability
      • Grindable Mobs would suit this category 100%.
      • Quantity required for crafting should be more than Rare Tier.
    • Rare Tier - Med Accessibility & Attainability, Survivability
      • Grindable Mobs would suit this category 100% as well with a touch of Rarer specific etc (i.e Leather, Golden Tooth).
      • Quantity required for crafting should be significantly less than Common Tier.
      • Considered Boss drops such as Zak (Diamond - Untradeable) /Pianus (Miniature Pianus - Tradeable or Scale - UnTradeable) for Rare Tier but at this point it seems rather restrictive for players (new especially).
      • Considered Quest - could be custom repeatable on a daily or alternate day basis (i.e Zakum Cert, Pianus Scream, Hunt XXX mob) but might prove too much work. It may well irritate crafters as a good number of existing reward etcs are 'Untradeable'. However, one in particular for the Orbis/El nath region that might suit perfectly would be the 'Orbis Rock scroll' - 5 Qty for a Daily repeatable with existing value tied to 3rd job/ Zak.
      • Overall, Mob drops seems to be easier and better suit, separating some gameplay away from the bossing scene and indulge in exploring the MapleVerse.
    This would not only propel NPC-able etc to FM worthy or Collectibles status but also drive certain Individuals to roam further than the typical stereotypical maps.