1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove IED and allow ACP use during dark sight for shadowers

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by sullivan, Aug 5, 2023.

1. sullivan

sullivan Slime

Jul 21, 2022
    Male
    7:43 PM
    sullivan
    Remove IED and allow ACP use during dark sight for shadowers

This is a proposal to remove IED buff and allow the usage of All Cure Potion during dark sight.

The introduction of IED came as a surprise for majority of shadowers despite being an additional buff on top of the nate revamp.

Although IED has its benefits of increasing the damage shadowers can output with assassinate as intended, the question of its actual applicability in major boss fights (Horntail; Pink Bean) arises.

To give you a better picture, I’d like to share a few examples from my bossing experience as a shadower main.

Example: There were countless times where I had to cancel a charged nate on pink bean due to being sealed. Therefore I’ve almost always disregarded waiting for the nate icon to blink for the sake of IED before hitting that nate on pink bean to minimise risk of getting sealed before being able to pull the nate off. Similarly for zak and HT (as sed) where I had to disregard a fully charged nate due to being sealed. Therefore for most cases in HT (as sed) I’ve been disregarding IED just to get a decently charged nate in after being seduced.

Despite the above, IED does have its pluses in some bosses. Auf for example, the start and end time of each DR fits the charge time of nate almost perfectly, with only around 1 second gap. Toad, where you get more dpm by using IED itself compared to nate spamming.

Summary: Despite the benefits IED can bring, question regarding it’s actual applicability arises. Allowing ACP use during dark sight can increase single target damage of shadowers during boss fights better than it was intended for IED.

Thank you.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    6:43 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I totally agree, mate!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    2:43 AM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Read as: bishops on this server are not good enough to learn how to use dispel

:^)

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Edann

Edann Slimy Retired Staff

Oct 24, 2020
    12:43 PM
    Edann
    I/L Arch Mage
    Pasta
    There's bishops on ur run? Lol

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Yeah, but no shadowers sadgers

6. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Sometimes I wiggle around the bishop in HT frantically and dance to get their attention so they can dispel me. I ain't charging up for 12 whole seconds to get SEALED, what a SCAM!!

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Charging nate via dark sight is a bad mechanic all around.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    5:43 PM
    imagine being able to nate without charging.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    Having this come up in prior discussion; +1 for ACP definitely

Last edited: Aug 6, 2023
  10. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    6:43 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    but that's just for shadower's dark sight, for nl
    (even though it doesn't change anything) no

11. Raso

Raso Slimy Retired Staff

Jul 2, 2017
    Female
    11:43 AM
    Noctua
    Shadower
    Perion
    As a fellow shadmain, I do understand the frustration of this but as Blen pointed out, its more of a teamwork (aka bishop) issue. Allowing ACP to be used in dark sight would indeed raise the DPM but honestly, it only raises the DPM when the bishop/mule fails to dispel you within reasonable time, which can efficiently be fixed by better teamwork/communication. In my last PB run the bishop did a great job at dispelling me quickly so I only ended up cancelling charged nate twice :pinkbean: In cases where there is no bishop (for whatever reason) to dispel, you'd just have to suck it up really as that's either due to bad composition or misfortune.

I also agree the IED can be a little lackluster in certain content, however the intention of it wasnt bad and it did help the class. Id much rather see shads get some extra dagger mastery (currently 60%) so our lines dont have a wild variation, making our minimal DPM higher, while retaining the same max DPM and thus result in more stable damage. To illustrate how wild this range can be for the non-shads, my nate lines can be anywhere between between 33k and 57k for nate, and 28k to 45k per line for boomstep. But if thats too much work Im sure we'd all appreciate Ninja ambush to be replaced with something of a much less niche use Foxpat

Last edited: Aug 6, 2023
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    shads are so good right now. do they need a buff?
    #shadlobby

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    This would be a nerf to dpm but a big QoL.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. CauTion

CauTion Master Chronos

Nov 5, 2019
    Israel
    12:43 PM
    Thief
    Siege
    One of the most annoying things when its come to shad gameplay totally agree +1 for acp .
    Didnt get why shads hate the IED
    Therse bosses its a huge diff at dpm , and bosses there no need to use at all but the idea its usable pretty nice for me

Last edited: Aug 19, 2023
  15. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Shadower IED was a mistake.

• Agree Agree x 4