1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Update Client Patch Notes: September 11th, 2023

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Kimmy, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:50 AM
    Moderator Post
    Welcome to the client patch notes of September 2023.

Client version 1.19.0 is a mix of bugfixes and new visual features. Some of these changes originate from player feedback (please keep it coming!), while others are custom edits we decided to explore ourselves.

Do note this thread in particular is about the client changes only.

Game UI and appearance

Game UI:

It was the only leftover window not yet centered, after our HD improvements; but finally, the Channel Change UI is now centered in all resolutions.

Chairs:

When we added support for character position shift on chairs, we didn't take into account the existence of chairs with a negative vertical character position. What kind of chair would push the player deeper in the ground?

[​IMG]

The Rowdy Chair kind, as it turns out.
    This type of positioning is now supported, too.

Character effects:

[​IMG]

Standing still while holding heavy weapons is not the best exercise for your back. We've thus decided to add the ability for the players to tell their characters to holster two-handed weapons behind their back.
    Please note that this is not perfect yet: for example, two-handed swords will appear inverted (as they take on the usual frontal wielding appearance), and the effect only applies to the standing position.
    Implementing the correct positioning for two-handed swords will require drawing each sword in a holstered position, so that will most likely slowly roll in between patches.

You can turn on and off this feature with a new Legends.ini setting, "WeaponsBehindCharacter".

Game Settings and Stability

New Settings:

Some time ago, we introduced a delay of 2 seconds between consecutive system notices of the same nature, applied to "warnings" that would normally spam the chat, like skill cooldown notices, actions blocked while on mount, lack of arrows, and so on.
    Among the feedback we got throughout the patches, there's been strong support for the addition of an option to completely suppress those messages.

From now on, toggling the new Legends.ini setting "FilterChatNotices" will let you choose between the 2-second cooldown and a full removal of said warnings.

Additionally, while we were investigating various types of game crash via our crash logs, a pattern emerged for a specific type - the crash after character select, right after loading into the game.
    It appears that this is due to certain machine configurations not supporting our threaded loading of data during the login procedure. As that was a change we introduced to speed up the initial game loading, we don't want to fully revert it.

Instead, we will provide a new ini setting, "FastLoading": when it's set to False, the resource loading will happen in the traditional way, preventing that crash cause.

Game stability:

Crash logs now contain more information for us to pinpoint issues. While this won't mean much for a player perspective, it will likely enable us to better study some of the recent strange game crash cases.
    A "beta" version of this improvement came with client 1.18.1, and it proved essential in solving the buff sorting issue that was breaking boss runs left and right. With a properly planned version of it, we aim to broaden its usage.

On a less relevant note, the crash logs will now display a clean client version and the OS version, just for extra polish.
    For example, instead of [T-1.19.0] , the crash log on this patch will display [1.19.0 Win] or [1.19.0 Mac].
    The OS version does not come from your system settings; it is simply based on which MapleLegends installer you used.

Miscellaneous

Bug fixes:

Client 1.18.2 forced pets to fall of ladders and ropes again (due to an unforeseen code bug), like in the good old times. But we're in the future, and pets technology has long overcome that obstacle.
    With the bug that required that rollback fixed, pets will now once again be able to keep up with the player's climbing speed.

While part of this was handled server-side, it's also partially a client fix: Power Guard reflected damage is now correctly calculated in all scenarios.
    This was a visual bug introduced with the addition of Beholder reflection effect, that we finally corrected.

Catch Em All:
    Monster-catching items (like the Pouches used to capture Ghosts) can now be set to capture more than one type of monster.
    What will this be used for? Only time will tell.

Thank you!

We understand that it's been a long wait since our Anniversary event patch, but hopefully, the wait will prove to be worth it. Thank you for sticking with us, and we hope you will enjoy our new patch!

• Great Work Great Work x 12
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    4:50 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    halloween event hype

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    2:50 AM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Pretty incredible that you guys got this working with most kinds of 2 handed weapons and that they render correctly too. Really cool to see and great job, I can only imagine how difficult this must've been in the v62 client.

Also yay to pets not yeeting themselves off ladders!!

4. Milotic

Milotic Red Snail

Sep 9, 2023
    3:50 AM
    I'm excited for the holstered 2-H weapons! Very cool.

5. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Ariant PQ hype

6. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    2:50 AM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Pet ladder yeet :( why must all the good bugs die

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. dawakin

dawakin Mano

Jul 21, 2017
    Male
    Siruel
    Islander
    The "behind the back swords" looks dope

8. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    6:50 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    [​IMG]

YESSSSSSSS

9. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    6:50 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
  10. dr0p

dr0p Slime

Jul 24, 2023
    5:50 PM
    dr0p
    I/L Arch Mage
    I'm a Mac M1 (Crossover) user who started playing back in July, and for the last two months I've crashed on character select maybe 60-70% of the times I've logged in. I've still been able to play, but it's a huge hassle every time and usually requires a number of attempts before I chance on a successful login. I'm really grateful to see that some attention is being paid to this specific issue. However, this issue still hasn't been fixed for me with this latest patch. I'm wondering where I can find the "Fastloading" setting and manipulate it?

11. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Should be in the legends.ini file in your installation folder.