1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Journey to PewPew's Birb Bombard

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by kiwiz, Sep 6, 2023.

1. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    1:01 AM
    You failed your ninja clan. Shame.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    [​IMG]

It's a new and last week of Summer Event. BPQ on Shadower for bait points.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Time to burn meso while I fish.

[​IMG]

Found this Judgement gun at 900k and went all in with 30%.
    After passing 1 on the 3rd slot, it boomed on the 4th.

[​IMG]

More 3 magic def Fallen Leaf Earrings. Unfortunately it failed on the first 70%.

[​IMG]

Found 2 Dagger Att 30% at half the market price, which tempted me to scroll some daggers.

[​IMG]

Got this Maple Dark Mate for 2mil... boomed on the first 30%

I'm down to 350mil meso, guess I will set this as the limit and won't go further.

Bad luck is bound to happen. Gotta exhaust them first before fortune arrives, with some bad gacha pulls.

15 common, 2 rare:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hey, Yellow Work Gloves...

[​IMG]

Only fished enough for 4 raffles for the night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got a shitty PSB but it's the perfect piece to absorb all my bad luck.
    Slam 7x 10% on it, which all failed, and I'm totally fine with that because that's what it's suppose to be.

I'm expecting good things to happen in the near future...

Last edited: Oct 1, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
  3. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    [​IMG]

Fished and exchanged the remaining 3 raffles next morning.

Bad pouch opening but just enough to cover the meso I had burnt from my last entry.

Also my first chair from the raffles, so overall is actually pretty decent.

[​IMG]

Not a big fan of chairs so I'll sell it.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  4. xRuru

xRuru Slime

Nov 2, 2020
    Male
    1:01 PM
    xRuru
    Corsair
    Neverland
    100 is a tough threshold for guns to hit because of the sheer luck you need to pull it off. With a concerto you need a minimum of +21 att. With a DFR you need a minimum of +17. A Judgement will be +15, but a perfect Judgement should realistically aim for much higher than 100 att.

I was keeping a spreadsheet of my personal endeavors to try and make a 100+ gun to upgrade over my 100 DFR. I blew through 85 mill on scrolls and cheap guns before the market made it tough to keep trying. I boomed 14 or so guns with an average price of 5 or 6 mil. Guns, while cheaper than a lot of gear definitely get costly when you boom 5 of them back to back. Perfects exponentially so. I eventually settled on buying a pre made 103 judgement for ~300 mil.

All that being said I’ve seen your scrolling luck so you’ll be fine :)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2023
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Thanks for the informative response!

100wa is certainly not easy, especially when I’m scrolling from 76-81wa clean so far because they are so much more cheaper. I’m not expecting to actually make one but since they are cheap I don’t mind trying while they conveniently scratch my scrolling itch. I’ll aim for a 95wa first before attempting to make better ones, with my usual strategy to progressively upgrade my characters.

I’ve been mostly taking calculated risks which made it seemed like I have good scrolling luck when it’s actually close to average. I always aim around the foot of the steep curve where I’d find the best chance to cost ratio, the part with cost low enough to have sufficient attempts for good chance of success.

Making a 125mil worth of item has more than twice the chance of success with better cost to profit ratio as compared to making a 250mil worth of item, on top of having larger buyer group for 100mil-ish items for higher turnover rate.

6. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    [​IMG]

Got my meso back plus more. Means it's time to spend!

[​IMG]

Looks like my fortune remained positive after exhausting my bad luck.
    Found cheap OA INT 30% scroll at 5mil when it's usually 10mil+.

[​IMG]

Felt like scrolling some Elemental Wands.
    Spent on Wand MA 70% scrolls and this clean 145 tma Wand 8.

The goal is 170 tma.
    Just need to pass 3x70% into 154 tma with at least 2 slots remaining, and hopefully passes 2x30% into 170 tma.

[​IMG]

Didn't went well. The limit's till 350mil so bought 1 more to try again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Passed 3x 70%, time to 30%...

[​IMG]

...and it passed!

The plan now is to 70% the next 2 slots and if either failed and survived, I'll use 30%.

[​IMG]

Passed 3x 70%, and resulted in 171 tma blushmush
    Think this sells for around 120mil.

Time to take a scrolling break while I'm ahead and continue grinding my pewpew.

• Great Work Great Work x 6
  7. xRuru

xRuru Slime

Nov 2, 2020
    Male
    1:01 PM
    xRuru
    Corsair
    Neverland
    One of the other things to consider when looking at higher tier guns to more easily pass the 100 threshold is the str difference between them. Since you main a shadower you have plenty of experience with this already but making up str the difference is tough. You’ve can scroll your overall and your cape. The rest of the stats come from the raw stats on gear and whatever you personally invest. Concerto has a nice round 100 requirement. DFR has 110. Judgement has 115. 15 str is a big difference, especially with your ~200 base int. Which is why people typically shoot for 100 concertos. If you get an HTP the difference will rarely matter. But if you want to use a MoN it’s a lot of str to make up. As a ranged attacker the extra att is nice to have after all.

With that being said the best overall for a slinger to scroll for str is the white pioneer. It gives 7 base str clean while only needing 70 str to wear. Fortunately for sairs it drops from berserkies so you will usually be able to find a few for sale. The one I personally use is 27 str (4x30%) but I was aiming for 29+. I only bought 4 pioneers so I really can’t complain about that.

Once you pass the 100 Str threshold you can get yourself some barkins which drop from skelegons. That is 7 free str right there. Unfortunately these shoes wont help you with a concerto, but they’re a must for the DFR or Judge.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    [​IMG]

22 tma earrings still the way to go!
    I’ve sold more than 20 of these since Halloween Event last year, all documented in
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/the-art-of-scrolling-beating-the-odds.48006/
    and
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/rags-to-riches-maplelegends-fm-challenge.50082/

Oddly enough, I don’t see many players replicating it. Perhaps it’s peanut profit to them, but certainly not to me.

[​IMG]

I came out with a possible distribution of STR from gears for my pewpew and there isn’t many options to scroll for STR.

115 STR proves to be quite challenging so I’ve decided to aim for 100 first. I’ve left out the shoes and the gloves because there’s the shoes that gives up to 7 STR but requires 100 STR to equip, and the gloves that gives up to 4 STR. I’ll need to source for 4 more STR beyond the 100 to reach 115.

The only gears I can scroll for STR are overall and cape, which can be good and bad news. I don’t have to spend so much on scrolling but at the same time, my options are limited.

I assumed HTP to be at the worst luck of 21 STR since it’s not cheap and not easy to find convenient timings.

For hat, I’ll buy from uncle for a chance of up to 4 hats. The STR variant can go up to 19 while the rest 17. They are much cheaper and easier to purchase so it’s quite likely I’ll be able to get at least 17 STR from it.

[​IMG]

I’ll go for Crimsonheart Cloak as it provides 5 STR clean and comes with 8 slots. I’m aimming for at least 7/8 passes into 19 STR. If it’s indeed that every 5 stats = 1 attack, than a 24 stats would be equivalent to about 4.8 attack. At the very least it’s better than a 4 attack cape at a much more friendly price tag.

With Spectrum Goggles giving 2 STR, and rings giving 11 STR, what remains is the overall, the only piece that requires STR to equip if I’m not using bathrobe or sauna robe. My total STR would reach 74 at this point, leaving 26 from overall. Unfortunately, I’ve checked and White Pioneer requires 80 STR. So the best clean overall I could get is up to 6 STR clean.

[​IMG]

I’ve lv-ed twice to lv48 since the last lv update. Managed to collect all the Porkies, Chipmunks and Snakes cards.

Maybe I can start collecting cards from mobs that I’m able to 1-hit after the Summer Event.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    7:01 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    We try, but our 30s boom...

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
  11. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    2:01 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    "we tried" it's so cute you mates as a couple

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    It wouldn’t feel good if you see your partner getting match-made with other people. A little fun joke once or twice is ok.

And I could be a 45yo fat man behind the screen.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  13. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    [​IMG]

Did some shopping mainly to stock up scrolling materials. Found this pirate overall with clean 5 STR. These can be purchased from NPC for 120k as well, although they come with only 4 STR, could still be used to scroll for 26 STR.

[​IMG]

I could settle for 4 DEX capes since it’s gona be temporary cape. This one got destroyed by 70% though.

[​IMG]

Definitely be using these. Saved me time and was the cheapest at that moment as well. I’ll probably do something like passing at least 6/8 slots of 60%/70% scrolls first, then 30% the remaining 2 slots into 26 STR.

Although the 4 STR overalls can be bought from NPC, 10% scrolls are very limited in the market.

[​IMG]

Would you take a look at that. The cape I had previously bought passed 7/8 Cape STR 70% scrolls, resulted in the planned 19 STR cape.

This is actually my 2nd attempt, 1st being a 17 STR which I had forgotten to screenshot and is currently listed in my store. The 3rd is the one above which got destroyed when trying to go for 8/8 passes. Overall still quite happy about it.

Continued to leech/grind a little bit by bit, day by day. Close to 1hr per level now. Tested another EPM 5 at Snake Area.

[​IMG]

This is actually quite comparable to Wraith, or even slightly better?

Gacha from 4 rares:
    [​IMG]

Finally something of value. I had like 7 pulls before the client crashed, so didn’t managed to capture the results. But they were craps anyway, mostly pots and low level equipment.

2 raffles:
    [​IMG]

I see players having 5-6 Strawberries Popsicles and all those 9 all stats flags. How did they even get so many of those when I have none.

[​IMG]

1 more level to lv50. I could start card hunting early, but at the same time not wanting to waste that 5%/10% event exp.

Maybe I’ll explore more maps with sniping spots or large areas with decent spawns. Or just Red Slime leech if things get too slow.

• Like Like x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    [​IMG]

While I didn't test the EPM of Wraiths myself, it was estimated up to 650k/hr here.

My previously recorded EPM at Snake Area did slightly better and it starts at a lower level of lv40 as compared to Wraiths at lv43.

Snake Area - lv40+ (EPM 5)
    [​IMG]

Tried leeching at another map in Mu Lung where it starts at lv46 with 100k more EPH, using my lv120 Bishop.

Practice Field : Advanced Level - lv46+ (EPM 2)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Other than Power Crystal Ores, the rest of the drops aren't great.

The cast rotation I did to achieve the above EPM:
    [​IMG]

(1) spawn, cast -> go to (2)
    (2) cast, wait spawn, cast -> go through portal to (3)
    (3) cast, -> go to (1)

Each rotation is 20 seconds. Can reset at (1) or (2) after spawn and cast.
    All casts hit 3 platforms.
    Can buff at ladder near (1).

Spot 1: spawn, cast -> go to spot 2
    [​IMG]

Spot 2: cast, wait spawn, cast -> go portal from
    [​IMG]

Portal from: go portal to
    [​IMG]

Portal to: go to spot 3
    [​IMG]

Spot 3: cast, go to spot 1
    [​IMG]

Tried a few different rotations and found this to be the most consistent.
    There's another portal that teleports between top left, lower platform and bottom right of the map.

[​IMG]

Maybe I'll hunt some cards next for a change of pace.

Might take a break from ML this weekend to do other stuff.

15. Prudence55

Prudence55 Stone Golem

May 16, 2020
    Male
    12:01 PM
    Poignant
    Bishop
    WeeniesHutJr
    Amazing. You found a way to escape wraith hell leech.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Unfortunately I hit the 350mil limit again while trying to scroll pirate overall for str, and I’m out of scrolls as well. Spent about 70mil all ended in boom.

Anyway, I read that Discord will no longer be viable as file hosting soon. Since my images were all uploaded to Discord, they will probably be gone from all my journals I suppose, cuz I’m lazy to manage them.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. TermiteLover

TermiteLover Brown Teddy

Nov 8, 2021
    5:01 AM
    Guildless
    Are you leeching a solo character though? those rates given are for duo eph

Last edited: Sep 30, 2023
  18. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Ah yes, I missed the split part. In that case I’m not sure about the rate then, since I don’t sell leech.

All of mine are solo.

19. TermiteLover

TermiteLover Brown Teddy

Nov 8, 2021
    5:01 AM
    Guildless
    this is how the exp roughly changes with more party members of the same level
    splits.png
    wraiths at line 1 would probably work out to be slightly better, but if it is for your own solo leeching, preventing burnout is better than getting as high eph as possible

20. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Nice. It’s a 4.6875 to 6 conversion then.

In that case 650k/hr duo would convert to 832k/hr solo, about 40k/hr difference as compared to Wooden Target Dummies.

Considering WTD starts at lv40 as compared to Wraiths at lv, might be able to balance out a little when leeching to lv50.

Ops I messed up the levels.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2023