1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fix ignored skills so they can be useful.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by PreistestSky, Nov 1, 2023.

Your take on my ideas.

1. Agree with all

33.3%
  2. Agree with most

24.2%
  3. Agree with some

18.2%
  4. Agree with none

9.1%
  5. Strongly Disagree

15.2%
  1. PreistestSky

PreistestSky Orange Mushroom

Jun 10, 2020
    12:03 AM
    Preistest
    Bishop
    several classes have skills that just dont get used and i would like to see that changed just so there can be more than one viable skill setup for the same SP pool.

warrior/sin/bandit's Endure skill could instead of only working when standing still or on a rope just be truly passive and doing work as you walk about or fight something just like how mp regen is always working even mid combat.

mage's magic armor and warrior's iron body need to both provide more defense and be stackable with other sources since as of right now defense is just 1:1 or just revamp defense system.

cleric's holy arrow could get a pierce effect for example, 1-10 pierces zero, 11-20 pierces once, 21-30 pierces twice.

priest's doom skill could instead of turning things into snails instead give mobs a temporary weakness to holy damage. keep the success rate and magic stone cost, remove the "cant effect boss" part and we just made bishops more than just mules for bossing.

priest's summon dragon becomes stackable with bahamut (this is my biggest complaint as summon dragon is typically the last skill you level up and it gets benched so soon after investment.)

assassin's shadow web could make effected enemies easier to crit

assassin's shadow mesos this needs to be completely reworked and i have no idea what to do with it.

all of the final attack skills. i have honestly never used em and as such dont know how to improve em. i just know that the stigma around them is so strong that every guide i have read basically says do not even touch these skills with a ten-foot pole.

i know there are other skills however i spend most of my time playing bishop and most of my alts kinda stop pre 70 as i often get bored of them. if anyone has any other skills they have experience with that need a rework feel free to add on. also feel free to tear apart my ideas as brutally and efficiently as you feel the need too.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. snowvember

snowvember Red Snail

Oct 7, 2023
    CreamlessPie
    Chief Bandit, Dragon Knight
    I would also like to see Band of Thieves improved. like maybe hit 2 lines, possibly even 3 with a slightly reduced dmg % rate. Because otherwise the only "effective way" to level is meso explosion and that costs. Well. Y'know. Mesos. Not every CB can afford to meso boom all their mesos and still have more for later. (Like me)

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    3:03 AM
    DMsRebirth
    2nd job thieve's endure already works passively, or at least the MP recovery aspect does.

upload_2023-11-1_17-52-4.png
    The way modern maplestory handles final attack skills is to just have a chance to add line(s) directly onto whatever attack skill the character is using, which would certainly make them a lot less detrimental (Marksman's Final Attack in the current version is still bloody useless as it adds so little damage, but at least it's possible to just forget that it exists). I'm not sure if such a chance would be possible to implement in v62 though, even if the staff wants to implement such a mechanic in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Honestly, most of these suggestions are pretty good!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Magzys

Magzys Mano

Mar 5, 2018
    Male
    RejectedHero
    Hero main... please god... Final attack rework yes

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    3:03 PM
    I think holy arrow should just get a straight up damage buff instead of becoming a mobbing skill. All other priest/cleric attacking skills are already mobbing.

I actually kind of like the current doom skill, don't want to see it changed. Maybe make it 100% success when maxed instead of 90%.

Shadow meso should just work like archer soul arrow or smth. Make it give unlimited stars at the attack of subis.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    PreistestSky

Jun 10, 2020
    Preistest
    Bishop
    as the doom skill currently is it is just a gimmick skill. gives a mob most of the stats of a snail i would like to see it become actually useable.
    Night lord has a skill that gives unlimited stars already. Shadow Stars.
    i do like your take on holy arrow though.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2023
  8. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Gimmick skill but kinda unique and fun.

Fyi your suggestion of making bosses holy weak will straight up make paladin the most OP class everywhere.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. OP
    OP
    PreistestSky

Jun 10, 2020
    Preistest
    Bishop
    fair i did forget about paladins when i had the idea. but that is why it is open to suggestions. got any?

10. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Shadow stars doesn't give unlimited stars. It deducts the available stars in your inventory. I'm saying making shadow meso like soul arrow i.e. not consuming any stars at all. This is more relevant now because of the server's revamped recharge costs. Could have some niche use at farming noob mobs so there is no need to carry so many sets of different stars.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    As it stands doom is like a cuter and better version of mage's 3rd job skill seal (at the cost of magic rock). I don't think it needs to be revamped.

12. OP
    OP
    PreistestSky

Jun 10, 2020
    Preistest
    Bishop
    Attacks a monster using 200 stars out of the currently equipped star. Allows an infinite number of stars to be thrown for a short period of time. this is the text for the skill. so either i am not understanding what the text says or the text needs to be fixxed.

13. OP
    OP
    PreistestSky

Jun 10, 2020
    Preistest
    Bishop
    and that is why it needs to be reworked, as it is just a cute gimmick skill that serves no purpose of putting points into it. and since you brought up "seal" add that to the list of reworks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Read soul arrow:
    Temporarily allows the character to fire bow arrows without using up the arrows. Only works with a bow in hand.

• Like Like x 1
  15. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    A lot of skills have no purpose if you look at it from a 4th job perspective. There will be too many skills to revamp if you look at it that way.

Doom is reasonably useful at some places for a 3rd job priest, go try it at thanatos/gatekeepers!

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. OP
    OP
    PreistestSky

Jun 10, 2020
    Preistest
    Bishop
    you can shining ray them easily enough as is. to use doom on them, which uses a magic stone, feels like a waste when you can clear them without it approximately as easily without it. my mesos are better spent getting pots or gear than they are using it on magic rocks to make an easy fight, trivial.

my main goal is to give skills that don't ever see use can be used in the future. we don't need every skill that isn't useful at 4th tier reworked. look at magic claw, at 4th it is completely useless, however it was replaced with stronger options. it was useful at the time and then we got skill that could do its job better. in this case if we get the rework done to magic armor so that it can be used late game players will be able to SP reset magic claw into magic armor for some extra utility they wouldn't have otherwise had.

17. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Have you actually tried? Doom allows you to avoid stuns and the high touch damage , saving pots compared to just using shining ray on those mobs. It is actually quite useful as compared to seal on IL, which is a joke since IL can freeze lmao.

18. OP
    OP
    PreistestSky

Jun 10, 2020
    Preistest
    Bishop
    i have not tried doom on them as i can handle them fine without it. the fight it easy. doom would just make an easy fight trivial as i already said.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Any pot savings at thanatos/gatekeeper is drowned out by the cost of the rock used to generate that effect.

Anyways, I just want to point out that having more relevant skills is a double-edged sword, and could be viewed as a nerf in its extremes. If every skill is useful, then players are forced to pick which options to sacrifice. We already see this happen in some classes, where players have to pick between utilities with no viable ways to change them around. If final attack were suddenly useful for fighters for example, it'd have to come at the cost of rage, power guard, booster, or mastery. Jobs are not designed to max everything, but they sure are balanced among having everything.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    I've made suggestion thread based on shadow meso in the past.
    it was something along the lines of, shadow throw being bumped to 2x throw
    (4x with SP applied) With +critical chance @ 50% or the bare min of 25%.
    10% crit is too low, especially throwing 2 damage lines (with SP applied)

Maybe even bump that mesos thrown to 1000~1200 since the damage is based on the amount of mesos thrown

maybe
    keep it the same damage formula but at 15% crit (30% with SE) but with 4 lines ( 8 lines with SP)
    essentially a expensive a quad throw but with moderate damage used in desperate situations or for aesthetically fun amusement. (Lemao)

• Like Like x 1