1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Card Collection Challenge

Discussion in 'Community' started by Wensleydale, Nov 7, 2023.

1. Armando

Armando Mushmom

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    1:51 PM
    Hass
    Bowmaster
    Legacy
    Day 1

Quick 1 hour session. Not that bad, was able to complete my very first set (blue snail) and managed to start the red snail and slime sets. Too bad I kept finding blue snail cards~
    Might hunt some more in a few hours

[​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  2. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    12:51 AM
    Entry 14:

Coincidentally, the GM buffs were about to start in 5 minutes when I logged in tonight. I seized this opportunity to hunt for Blue Mushroom cards.

card14-1.png

While hunting, one of the Blue Mushrooms dropped a 2H Sword for Att 10% scroll. Any warrior weapon scroll is always welcome, especially sword scrolls. I did get Gomushin this time, although not needed anymore, I was still pleased that I managed to get one in the end. The GM buffs allowed me to switch to my Gold Surfboard, which is better at clearing crowds with Slash Blast and still able to hit mushrooms at 100% accuracy.

card14-2.png

I was hoping to get as many cards as possible within the hour of buffs, but unfortunately, only managed to drop two cards, which I then had to switch back to my Pumpkin Spear. A little disappointed at first, but was soon blessed with two card drops within 10 minutes, and the last within 20 minutes, which was a pleasant surprise. SlimeBlush

card14-3.png

With the Blue Mushroom set completed, I can now traverse to Nautilus, where I completed as many quests as I could.

card14-8.png

Decided to head towards Ellinia next but was unfortunately blocked by Axe Stumps, which have a very low spawn rate, at The Forest South of Ellinia. After a few tries with no card drop, I decided to try my luck on Mano instead.

card14-4.png

Before heading back to Lith Harbor, I completed another quest which got me a Pig Illustrated. This weapon comes with 10 accuracy clean and is one of the few available 1H BW with the faster(3) attack speed. Getting 1H BW for Att scrolls and 1H BW for Accuracy scrolls would be really great.

card14-5.png

The Mano hunting session this time yielded very positive results as I managed to get a 2H Sword Att 60% scroll, as well as a 1H BW for Att 60% scroll! I also got Dagger for Att 10% and Gun for Att 10% scrolls which aren't shown as they aren't really useful for me.

card14-6.png

Extremely happy, I decided to pull the only raffle ticket I have gotten during my Blue Mushroom hunt and called it a day after. Surprisingly, I got a Pumpkin Lantern out of it, which is a level 30 2H sword. Seems like it's a sign for a 2H sword, and fate must be suggesting that I should go with a class that wields one.

card14-7.png

I was just a tad away from leveling up to 30, so I went back out to grind the remaining exp needed so I could try scrolling the Pumpkin Lantern. While the weapon had about average stats, the result of the scroll was pretty decent. I failed the first slot with 10% but managed to pass it on the second slot. So with the remaining 5 slots, I used all 60%, and surprisingly, all passed! Resulting in 8 STR and 70 weapon attack on it.

Although it may seem rather decent, the lack of accuracy on it makes it not very usable for now. Hoping that I'm able to get other accuracy gears coming near future so that I'll be able to use this awesome weapon. SlimeXD

Last edited: Nov 13, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 6
  3. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    12:51 PM
    JeanLeaf
    Beginner
    NewLeaf
    is sad you can't get some bosses card once you can't PQ because of level limit like KPQ Level 21 - 30 i know are a npc that sell bosses card but will be more fun to fight the boss.

4. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    I'll be waiting for you at Axe Stumps, Jean, take your time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Armando

Armando Mushmom

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    Hass
    Bowmaster
    Legacy
    Day 1 Part 2

Decided to finally finish the first map, but oh boy did it take FOREVER. The first remaining cards dropped pretty quickly, which made me think I'd be done with it shortly... what a mistake. The final Slime card just wouldn't drop. After a lot of work, I finally got it. I hate you, final slime card, I hate you. SlimeEvil
    Leveled up to 18 and equipped some new stuff. Hoping my new best friend Stump will drop a bow, because at this pace I won't be reaching Henesys before I'm level 30 -_-
    Anyway, decided to give the new map a go and I've gotta say :heartbeat: SNAILS ARE THE BEST! :heartbeat: After a little bit of farming, got myself the whole Snail set, with 3 out of 5 cards dropping within 15 seconds of each other. MapleF14
    This is it for now. Got a lot of irl work to do the next few days so progress will slow down even more~

[​IMG]

update:
    [​IMG]
    Decided to kill a few Stumps before logging off and omg... couldn't have asked for more. Good stats too!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    JeanLeaf
    Beginner
    NewLeaf
    i done the pig is fun to go to the mini dungeon of pig farm i was doing both grind and collecting pig card.

7. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Entry 15:

Today, I set myself a goal to hunt just one Axe Stump card before getting out of there, as it was becoming quite a struggle after countless cycles of rotation around the big map.

card15-1.png

Just as the hunt barely accumulated 2 hours, the first card finally dropped, and I was blessed with another right after!

card15-2.png

I then went back to Henesys to stock up on some Speed and Sniper Potions before heading out for another Mano hunting session. This time, I managed to drop an Overall Armor for DEX 60%, which is pretty significant as it provides much-needed precious accuracy stats.

card15-5.png

Went to Mushroom Shrine to pull 2 rare gacha I had on me and got myself an Overall Armor for STR 70% and Eye Accessory for Accuracy 60% scroll, which is another huge unlock. It's great that I've already unlocked Raccoon Mask, which I can purchase and scroll for accuracy in the future.

card15-3.png

Decided to go to Shanghai China to hunt Roosters, Ducks, and Sheep for a change of pace. This map has always been one of my favorites, as not only is it good for exp, but it also has some potentially valuable drops. I'm looking at hunting for Shoes for Avoidability 60% scrolls, and conveniently, all three of the mobs drop them. I did get 2 drops in between hunts, which I am very happy with.

card15-4.png

After a whole day of many small sessions, I managed to complete the Duck and Sheep set, with 2 more cards to go for Rooster. I think I might have been having some insane luck with the hunt. But historically, this map didn't give me much trouble with my previous two characters that completed the sets here.

An update on the useful items I've unlocked:

Pumpkin Spear (Halloween 2023 Raffle)
    Broomstick (Halloween 2023 Raffle)
    Talking Witch Hat (Halloween 2023 Raffle)
    Pumpkin Lantern (Halloween 2023 Raffle)
    Gold Surfboard (Slime)
    Raccoon Mask (Gachapon)

Bottomwear for Jump 70% (Gachapon)
    Pole Arm for Att 70% (Gachapon)
    Pole Arm for Accuracy 30% (Gachapon)
    Cape for DEX 100% (Slime)
    Shoes for Jump 10% (Orange Mushroom)
    2H Sword for Att 10% (Blue Mushroom)
    2H Sword for Att 60% (Mano)
    1H BW for Att 60% (Mano)
    Overall Armor for DEX 60% (Mano)
    Overall Armor for STR 70% (Gachapon)
    Eye Accessory for Accuracy 60% (Gachapon)
    Shoes for Avoidability 60% (Sheep)​

card15-6.png

I decided to go to the map right of Thailand to finish up the remaining cards, as the map has a higher Rooster spawn rate with more organized platforms. I managed to get 1 card shortly after, with the last one remaining. I had to leave for work, but I'll sneak in some sessions of play later.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 7
  8. dr0p

dr0p Slime

Jul 24, 2023
    dr0p
    I/L Arch Mage
    Really enjoying reading these posts ^^ They're all very well-written and visually pleasing. I hope the grinds aren't too mind-numbing, because this thread has become maybe my favorite thing on these forums~

Keep it up y'all!

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Pretty good for me so far, I think mainly because I chose the perfect class for the challenge, and the Halloween event is very much favorable to me. I might have been a little too lucky with the gachas as well.

Grinds are pretty fun for me because each kill is like a lottery roll, and I spread them out throughout the day, so I can "reset" my mental state before each session.

10. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Entry 16:

card16-1.png

Got the final Rooster card swiftly on the map right of Thailand after sneaking in a few short sessions during work.

card16-2.png

Acquired a couple of Shoes for Avoidability 60% scrolls, intending to use them on a pair of Whitebottom Boots with hopes for a decent outcome. I would've been satisfied with 4 out of 5 slots passing, but surprisingly, all 5 passed on the first attempt.

card16-3.png

Fueled by this newfound motivation, I continued my quest for Axe Stump cards. After more than an hour of accumulated sessions without finding a single card, I decided to take a break from the hunt and try my luck with some gacha pulls.

card16-4.png

Among them was a Silver Strap Shoes with 7 slots clean. Unlocking these shoes might prove useful later if I'm fortunate with Shoes for Avoidability 30%, or Shoes for Speed 60% or 70% scrolls.

card16-5.png

I went shopping to find some Raccoon Masks, specifically those that failed a slot or two, available at a reasonable price below 4 mil meso. While I didn't find one meeting those criteria, I stumbled upon a fully scrolled mask with 7 accuracy, scrolled with what appeared to be three 60% or 70% scrolls, selling at only 1 mil meso, which I deemed quite value for the price. Since I've unlocked the Eye Accessory for Accuracy 60% scroll, theoretically achieving the same stats is possible.

card16-6.png

Unfortunately, I'm not level 35 to wear it, so instead of continuing to hunt for more Axe Stumps, I decided to return to Shanghai, China, to hunt for Goats, skipping pass the field boss Giant Centipede. Even if the Goats don't drop cards, I would still get a decent amount of exp grinding there, unlike Axe Stumps, which offer much lower experience and potentially entail spending dozens of hours without substantial returns.

I'm contemplating strategies to enhance my accuracy for the upcoming challenges, and I'm considering hunting Sand Rats as soon as I can, which drop Gloves for DEX 30% scroll. I also hope to unlock more gloves, ensuring I have a variety to scroll when needed. At the top of my wishlist is a Spear for Accuracy 60% or 70% scroll from the gachapon. I'm inclined toward the Spearman route since I already have access to the Pumpkin Spear, providing a substantial amount of accuracy, and the Spear Mastery would further boost it up to 20 more accuracy.

• Great Work Great Work x 6
  11. OP
    OP
    Wensleydale

Wensleydale Orange Mushroom

Jul 6, 2023
    Male
    Wensleydale
    Warrior
    Day 6 - 8

I finally have enough progress for an update! What started as a nice trip to China in avoidance of stumps, quickly became an incredible struggle against sheep for their cards. In fact, at one point I returned to stumps to avoid sheep and was greeted almost instantly with a card! TYVM stumps! I was now at an impressive 1/5 stump cards obtained :woot:

[​IMG][​IMG]

With my new found found motivation I both changed my char style and returned to China to continued my sheep hunt! On day 8 I finally completed my sheep set. This means I had now cleared both China: Shanghai - Out of the Bridge and China: Shanghai - Northern Flatland.

[​IMG]

I do still need to be careful because there are big scary guys like this centipede THAT ALMOST FREAKIN KILLED ME. Rude. Nice try Centipede, that will not stop my conquest of China :whistling:

[​IMG]

Statistics
    Total Card Sets: 10
    Total Cards: 52
    Maps Conquered: 6
    Mesos: 5,117,430
    NX: 4,350
    Pumpkin Coins: 356

[​IMG]

edit: As my card progression continues to slow down over the next couple of days, I'm going to make a post dedicated to my gear progression and general non-card collecting thoughts of the challenge. This has probably been the most fun I've had on Legends.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Armando

Armando Mushmom

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    Hass
    Bowmaster
    Legacy
    stump wall
    day2: stump wall + i become a class traitor (bow sux at this map) + level up (no cards (stump wall))
    day3: first stump card after 160 branches
    stump wall
    wackomushwackomush
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Entry 17:

After spending some time attempting to hunt for the Goat card, I thought it would be more productive to focus on obtaining useful drops.

Reviewing the available mobs, I noticed that Green Mushrooms drop Pet Equip for Speed 60% and 100% scrolls. These scrolls have the potential to increase my speed to up to 14 if I'm fortunate enough to pass all 7 slots; however, I'd be content with a 10 speed boost. Returning to Zipangu: Mushroom Forest, I considered the spawn and exp advantages over Henesys Hunting Ground III. Despite spending more than 3 hours here previously without a single drop, I hoped acquiring the Pet Equip for Speed scrolls wouldn't prove too challenging.

card17-1.png

Around 30 minutes into the hunt, a stroke of luck occurred as I obtained a 60% scroll. Contemplating whether to pursue the 100% scroll to avoid wasting precious vote cash, I decided to forge ahead. Unfortunately, attempting to enhance the pet equip for my Peppy Slime from the promo code resulted in a failed first slot.

card17-2.png

After a moment's consideration, I opted to obtain another pet equip, accepting whatever stats resulted. I succeeded in passing the first slot but failed the second, causing a momentary upset. Thankfully, the remaining 5 slots passed, granting a delightful 12 speed boost. Achieving a total speed of 133 with the combination of my ring, boots, pet equip, and potion felt fantastic, motivating me to return to grinding some Axe Stumps.

card17-3.png

Traversing the expansive map felt significantly smoother, utilizing about 60-70% of the time I've spent in the past for each rotation. Approximately 40 minutes into the hunt, an Axe Stump card finally dropped, filling me with excitement!

card17-4.png

Encouraged by this, I continued, and to my surprise, another card dropped 20 minutes later—just one more to go! At this point, my heart raced with thrill, envisioning the last card. Every kill on the Axe Stump felt like a lottery roll, inducing slight disappointment each time, but that didn't deter me. I cycled through the map, eagerly anticipating a return to the Axe Stump area, ready to capture the moment with a screenshot.

card17-5.png

My hands were shaking, and after what seemed like an eternity, it finally happened—the last card popped out of the dying Axe Stump, and I successfully captured the moment.

I couldn't believe I had achieved this self-imposed challenge till this far, which I initially thought I'd give up on within a few hours. On the contrary, it has been a while since I had so much fun. This moment would likely stay with me even if MapleLegends were to inevitably shut down one day.

card17-6.png

Overcoming one of the most challenging obstacles, I now have access to Ellinia, which also means I can take the airship to Orbis. This opens up a significant number of locations for me to explore next, and I'm genuinely excited!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Armando

Armando Mushmom

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    Hass
    Bowmaster
    Legacy
    Day 4 (and 5, 6, 7, 8, probably...)

Still 1/5 on Stump cards. The wall is real.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Entry 18:

Initially, I wanted to head over to Ariant to start some quests as I'm at the perfect level to do so. However, something inside me felt it wasn't right. I thought I might end up grinding too many levels with so many options out there in Ossyria, which will likely make this challenge not feel like a challenge anymore. It just didn't sit well with me.

card18-2.png

So, I've decided that the key to unlock the airship to Orbis shall be the Tier 1 Monster Book Ring!

I continued my way west of Ellinia to The Tree That Grew I, where I met my new obstacle, Dark Stumps. They only spawn at the topmost level of the map, similar to Stumps, Pigs, and Axe Stumps. But the map is much more forgiving with portals allowing you to teleport straight up to the top and jump your way down. I suppose this is a good enough "reward" for passing through Axe Stumps.

card18-1.png

So, I'll be staying at Victoria Island for quite some time!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2023
  16. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Entry 19:

card19-1.png

Hunted for almost an hour of Dark Stumps and got 3 more cards with just 1 more to go! Really enjoying this map—the scenery, the music, and the satisfying crowd clearing of mobs. I'm spending a good amount of rotation hitting mobs rather than traveling.

card19-3.png

Also, hidden challenge of a full Snail card set in one screenshot?

card19-2.png

17. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Entry 20:

I was attempting another personal "hidden challenge" of a Slime card full set in one screenshot and was just one card away. However, another player entered the map, asked if he could loot the cards, and thinking I didn't want to waste the cards, I agreed, thus not achieving the challenge. Either way, no Slime card dropped within the next 3 minutes, so I wasn't going to fulfill it anyway.

card20-1.png

After another hour of hunting Dark Stumps, the last card finally dropped!

Excited, I climbed to the top of The Tree That Grew and encountered a warning sign hinting at a one-way path to Sleepywood.

card20-2.png

Sleepywood is one of my favorite places, and the thought of being able to go there now makes me happy. Yet, I regret not contemplating my decision thoroughly before descending into Sleepywood; the allure of the unknown proved too compelling. I realized I might be stuck here without a legitimate waking path back to any town. Although I've reached Henesys, Nautilus, and Ellinia, I could use town scrolls and taxis freely between them because I had a path to them where all maps were cleared from where I was. So that raises a question: Should I be able to use a town scroll back from Sleepywood?

While the rules did not cover this scenario in detail, I felt that I shouldn't be able to, and wanting to follow the true spirit of the challenge, I decided I would impose this restriction myself and see where it brings me. Now, from Sleepywood, the only walkable paths to town are the paths to Henesys, Perion, and Kerning City.

Although there's a little regret in my decision to jump down, this newfound personal challenge fills me with excitement. I could've silently gone back to Ellinia and pretended nothing had happened, but it just wouldn't feel right. So now, I can only use town scrolls and taxis to the places where I currently have a legitimate walking path to.

Update: I forgot to mention that I obtained two Maple Pop from the raffle ticket, which could be useful for special occasions.

card20-3.png

Last edited: Nov 17, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
  18. dr0p

dr0p Slime

Jul 24, 2023
    dr0p
    I/L Arch Mage
    Initially I just enjoyed using these journals to vicariously experience the challenge without having to deal with the time investment

But uh

These journals are suddenly inspiring me to be a better person

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Entry 21:

Wahoo! GM buffs!

card21-1.png

Right outside of Sleepywood is Swampy Land in a Deep Forest, branching out to paths leading to Henesys, Perion, and Kerning City.

card21-7.png

Here, I encountered three new mobs: Octopus, Horny Mushroom, and Jr. Necki. Jr. Necki, known for its high avoidability, posed a challenge due to its low spawn count at the bottom of the vast map. With GM buffs providing 100 accuracy, I seized the opportunity to hunt as many as I could.

card21-2.png

During this time, I'm fortunate to have completed the Jr. Necki set—a truly incredible feat. As I reflect on it, I realize just how insanely lucky I was. Octopus, on the other hand, wasn't as rewarding, yielding only one card. Although I may not have trouble hitting it, its scarcity mixed with Jr. Necki made it challenging. I also obtained two Horny Mushroom cards, even though they are more accessible in the dungeon; any card is welcome at this point.

Sadly, there's no World Tour access from Sleepywood, and I'll be stuck here until I can clear Octopus.

card21-4.png

After the GM buffs expired, I returned to Sleepywood to pull gacha tickets and lucked out with a Shoes for Speed 70% scroll. Since I had gotten a pair of Silver Strap Shoes from gacha previosly, I visited the FM in hopes of finding some cheap shoes to scroll with decent speed.

card21-5.png

I found reasonably priced 6-slot shoes, but both pairs were obliterated shortly after scrolling.

card21-3.png

Being stuck here isn't so bad; I could entertain myself with some jump quests. I might venture into the Ant Tunnel to hunt for Horny and Zombie Mushrooms, and hopefully, I'll be playing during GM buffs to hunt Octopus.

card21-6.png

Last edited: Nov 16, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
  20. OP
    OP
    Wensleydale

Wensleydale Orange Mushroom

Jul 6, 2023
    Male
    Wensleydale
    Warrior
    I don't have much to update regarding my character, but I did want to discuss some rule changes that us challengers have decided to implement.

Challenge Rule Changes:

1. [New Rule] A challenger must first obtain a tier 1 Monster Card Ring before being able to use the Orbis Station airship.
    2. [Rule Amendment] When purchasing scrolled equipment in the Free Market, challengers must independently obtain all items used in the creation of that item before being eligible to buy it. For example, if I want to buy a dex-scrolled Old Raggedy Cape, I would first need to have obtained both an Old Raggedy Cape and a Cape for Dex 60% scroll.

I would also like to thank everyone that has interacted with or kept tabs on this challenge! I really appreciate it!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1