1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Card Collection Challenge

Discussion in 'Community' started by Wensleydale, Nov 7, 2023.

1. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    10:12 PM
    Entry 22:

To the right of Sleepywood lies the entrance to the Dungeon, with the first map being the Ant Tunnel I.

card22-1.png

Here, Horny and Zombie Mushrooms reside, and in a few short sessions, I managed to obtain one card each from here. Unfortunately, the screenshot for the Zombie Mushroom card was taken on another machine, which I currently do not have access to while writing this journal.

card22-2.png

Additionally, the Zombie Mushroom dropped a Spear for Att 10% scroll, which might prove useful in the future. 10% scrolls are great, especially if I have an abundance of equipment available for scrolling. Currently, there are quite a good number of Pumpkin Spears in the FM, which I could acquire to try my luck on.

Previously, I was so fixated on the map to the left of Sleepywood as it directly leads to towns that I neglected a third area—the Sleepy Dungeon. This can be entered through a hidden portal at the door of this particular house next to the Mysterious Statue.

card22-3.png

Upon exploring the map, I noticed that it also has Octopus, with a more favorable spawn count. Although it's mixed with Lupins and Curse Eyes, these are mobs whose cards have yet to be collected.

card22-4.png

It's a pity I didn't take advantage of GM buffs yesterday to hunt here instead, as there are Jr. Neckis here as well, and the map is smaller with more organized platforms. This is where the special occasion with the Maple Pop happened that I mentioned.

card22-5.png

The map has four platforms, and since only the bottom two platforms spawn Octopus, together with all the high avoidability mobs, I had the brilliant idea of going through all six channels and clearing the top two platforms. This way, the mobs would be more concentrated at the bottom two. I would then pop my Maple Pop to clear them, better utilizing the short duration of each pop.

card22-6.png

Since I have enough accuracy to hit everything, I switched to my Pumpkin Lantern for more damage. This routine paid off. After a couple of cycles, I managed to eventually complete the Octopus set and even the Horny Mushroom set as well, with two additional Lupin cards.

card22-7.png

My goal was only to complete the Octopus set here so that I could clear the map that leads to the town. I'll revisit the rest of the cards when I'm better geared up. Needless to say, I am very happy to clear and am excited to see what awaits me at the next map.

card22-8.png

But before proceeding, I pulled the gachas that I obtained during the hunt, and much to my surprise, I actually got both a Spear for Accuracy 30% and 70% scrolls! It seems like the path to becoming a Spearman is very clear now, and that's what I'm going to be.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Entry 23:

Excited to explore the next map, I went to the closest portal at the map left of Sleepywood, and I was greeted by a very familiar scenery and music.

card23-1.png

My delight was short-lived, however, when I discovered the new mobs that await me in this map.

card23-2.png

In this particular pit were Lupins, Iron Hogs, and Stone Golems. Stone Golem is a level 52 mob which is currently out of my reach.

card23-3.png

Seems like I'll have to seek an alternative path at the map that branches to Perion and Kerning City. But this time, I'm met with another obstacle.

Although it's not something anywhere close to Stone Golem, it's going to be another stump wall, this time Dark Axe Stumps in particular. In this yet another huge map, spawns only two Dark Axe Stumps at a time, so far that I have observed.

card23-4.png

Looks like it's going to be another looooong hunt.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Entry 24:

Expecting to be in Sleepywood for a long time, I've decided to do my job advancement.

card24-1.png

It's my first time playing a warrior class and was surprised at the map with mobs that drop Black Marbles. I only needed to station at the bottom left pit, and all the mobs would eventually self-filter into the pit, making the hunt a breeze. After some careful consideration and with the equipment and scrolls I have unlocked, I decided to advance into a Spearman.

card24-2.png

Before my advancement, I had purchased a few cheap Pumpkin Spears that were below 300k meso each to scroll for accuracy. While a few got destroyed, one, in particular, successfully passed all 7 slots with 70% scrolls, resulting in this impressive 14 DEX and 37 accuracy, a total of 48.2 accuracy. After my advancement, I got myself the Halloween cosmetic pack, which I proceeded to Henesys and Orbis for a hair and face change before returning back to Sleepywood to resume the challenge.

card24-3.png

With my newly scrolled accuracy spear and the accuracy I will be getting from my Spear Mastery, I should be able to hit most of the mobs around Sleepywood at a decent rate.

• Like Like x 3
  4. OP
    OP
    Wensleydale

Wensleydale Orange Mushroom

Jul 6, 2023
    Male
    10:12 AM
    Wensleydale
    Warrior
    day 9 - 10

Recently I've been splitting my time between a few maps which has helped reduce burn-out (thanks stumps). So the mobs currently on my plate have been Goats, Cloud Fox, Crow, and Stump. I'm happy to have so many options but it really has not helped the efficiency of the challenge. However, that does not mean I haven't been chipping away at all these sets!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Having collected 1369 (yikes) cloud fox tails, I finally finished the Cloud Fox set! It also means i can solely focus on Crows in Zipangu now. This area has still been great for leveling as I'm now level 35! My goal is still to try and prioritize leveling so I can fight both Iron Boar and Lupin on my way to Kerning City.

[​IMG]

Statistics
    Total Card Sets:
    Total Cards: 60
    Maps Conquered: 7
    Mesos: 5,856,844
    NX: 5,500
    Pumpkin Coins: 416
    Pace?: slow and steady

Last edited: Nov 18, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Armando

Armando Mushmom

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    11:12 AM
    Hass
    Bowmaster
    Legacy
    After a lot of work and 594 tree branches, I'm finally free! Stump wall no mo!
    [​IMG]
    Next up are Pigs and Ribbon Pigs. Map is a lot better and there's more of them, so I don't think it's gonna be a big problem.
    Getting closer and closer to Henesys! That's my goal for next week~
    Now, time to murder hundreds of pigs~~

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Entry 25:

I bought another pair of Silver Strap Shoes and successfully passed 5 out of 7 Shoes for Speed 70% scrolls this time round.

card25-1.png

Now, I can reach the maximum speed and jump of 140 and 123, respectively. This enhancement will undoubtedly expedite my progress slightly. However, my reliance on the +8 from Speed Potion is still present, and since I'm confined to Sleepywood, I'm unable to purchase more, and my supply is dwindling.

card25-2.png

Concerning card progression, there hasn't been much. I've decided to put the hunt for Dark Axe Stumps on hold for now, given the uncertainty of how long it might take. Instead, I revisited the Ant Tunnel to hunt for Zombie Mushrooms, but the results were modest, yielding only one more card after more than an hour of hunting. I also delved into the Sleepy Dungeon to hunt for Lupin cards, but similarly, only one card was obtained after an hour.

My current plan revolves around completing the Lupin and Curse Eye sets as I aspire to explore deeper into the Sleepy Dungeon.

card25-3.png

Although Curse Eyes have a relatively low spawn count in Sleepy Dungeon I, I now have access to the Hunting Ground in the Deep Forest I, one map further through the bottom portal, after Swampy Land in a Deep Forest. This area boasts significantly more Curse Eye spawns, and I plan to hunt for cards once I'm done with Lupins. Additionally, there's a lone spawn of Jr. Boogie, but completing that set isn't a priority at the moment.

card25-4.png

While it might appear that I'm veering away from the paths leading to town, I hope to show you why soon.

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Wensleydale

Jul 6, 2023
    Male
    Wensleydale
    Warrior
    Zipangu Forest

I've realized that tracking my progress by day # is probably not the best idea moving forward. So here is a little update on my Zipangu Forest card collecting journey! After having to collect 1300+ Cloud Fox tails to gain my card set, I was not looking forward to the rest of these mobs. I turned my attention towards Zipangu: Crow Forest in order to finish the Crow set. Crows are pretty annoying for an unathletic weak warrior like me, but they dropped their cards relatively quickly so I was very happy about that. The next map was Zipangu: Forest of Animals and the Fire Raccoon!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Originally I had thought I wouldn't be able to use a pet because the closest pet food was in Henesys. However, I made a discovery that you can buy Dry Treats in Shanghai. So having a pet is back on the menu!!! It's been such a huge QoL improvement but taking screenshots of cards before they are gobbled up is actually pretty hard...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The Forest of Animals ended up being very fruitful! I found a Diao Chan Sword with okay weapon attack and I was able to farm a bunch of Octopus Balls! For now, the Diao Chan is the next weapon I plan to use after my Pumpkin Lantern. The Octopus Balls also gave me that little boost and motivation to finish off my Fire Raccoon set!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Overall I really enjoy the vibe and art assets of Zipangu. The area has a very peaceful feel to it with it's cherry blossom trees, cute mobs, and cute little statues. Certainly this Showa Street would also have these same vibes, right? I moved to the next map and was INSTANTLY JUMPED BY A THUG!!! Dang Showa, u scary...

[​IMG]

Thus ends my travels in Zipangu (for now)...

Statistics
    Total Card Sets:
    Total Cards: 68
    Maps Conquered: 9
    Mesos: 8,482,623
    NX: 6,850
    Pumpkin Coins: 486

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 5
  8. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    11:12 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    1369 Cloud Fox Tails can be usefull to Quest later

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Entry 26:

Secured the last 2 Lupin cards after nearly 2 hours of hunting, bagging 2 Curse Eye cards in the process despite their discouraging drop rates.

card26-1.png

As I was winding down for the night, a wild uwu GM appeared, signaling incoming GM buffs! Eager to capitalize, I endured another hour of hunting, dispatching Curse Eyes more efficiently, hoping for a card or two. Had to deal with the occasionally annoying Jr. Boogie, which spawned roughly every 5 minutes.

card26-2.png

I was pleasantly surprised when in the next 45 minutes, I snagged the remaining 3 cards, the last 2 dropping consecutively. With the Lupin and Curse Eye sets complete, I now have access to Sleepy Dungeon II.

card26-3.png

What's special about it? Dark Axe Stumps! They spawn considerably more here compared to the pathetic 2-count spawn before. Almost all platforms host 2-5 Dark Axe Stumps, and this map is dense with mobs—a fantastic grinding ground. Even if the cards drop at a meager rate, at least I'm gaining decent exp. Right before the GM buffs were about to expire, a Dark Axe Stump card finally dropped! I felt both hopeful and proud, my strategic unlocking of this map for Dark Axe Stumps proving successful.

card26-4.png

Finally, some raffles and gacha pulls ensued.

card26-5.png

Unfortunately, I got disconnected during one, missing the chance to capture a screenshot of a particularly exciting moment—a Purple Marker. Any gloves I obtain will provide more options for scrolling, after I manage to get Gloves for Att or Gloves for DEX scrolls.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Entry 27:

card27-1.png

The Dark Axe Stump card collection has progressed smoothly, and I managed to complete it within an hour.

card27-2.png

Passing through the Deep Forest, the map with meager Dark Axe Stump spawns, are paths branching to Perion and Kerning City.

card27-3.png

Opting for the closest portal led me to the swamp near Kerning City, specifically Dangerous Croko II, where I encountered a new mob, Croco. As it's a level 52 mob and the level difference is substantial, there is a significant damage penalty, and I could hardly make an impact on it. Clearly, this is not the path to proceed.

card27-4.png

The alternative route leads to Perion, and upon exiting Sleepywood, I found myself at Perion Dungeon Entrance, facing two new mobs, Wild Boar and Fire Boar.

card27-5.png

Although the spawn count for these mobs isn't the most favorable, they move swiftly, and they tend to gather at the bottom of the cliff, allowing me to clear them efficiently. In about an hour, I collected 3 Wild Boar cards, but Fire Boar cards remained elusive.

card27-6.png

Before taking a break, I indulged in a bit of shopping at the FM and stumbled upon a 3 DEX Purple Marker priced at only 50k meso. Despite having failed a slot, it was still a valuable find, as any increase in stats is undoubtedly welcome.

card27-7.png

After being stuck in Sleepywood for days, I finally see the light, and the good news is, this map is the last obstacle to Perion.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    8:12 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    kiwizkiwiz How come you're saving AP points? In case you find yourself lacking accuracy and trapped on a map?

12. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Cuz I'm washing and it's easier to keep track leaving them unallocated until I have enough cash for AP Reset.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    JeanLeaf
    Beginner
    NewLeaf
    plus to build your stats to STR after you done HP wash. (man that a lot of vote cash)

14. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    8:12 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    That makes sense

15. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Entry 27.5:

Regarding HP washing, after careful consideration, my goal is to reach 18,750 HP at lv135 and, subsequently, 30k HP at lv160, including HP from rings. This will be achieved in two phases.

First Phase - 18,750 HP at lv135

Considering natural HP gain from leveling up from my current level of 38, I'd need to wash at most 9,351 HP in the worst case, which translates to about 187 AP Resets or approximately 38 levels of fresh HP wash. Currently, I have 40 unallocated AP, equivalent to 8 levels worth of AP. This means I need 30 more levels to accumulate the AP needed, reaching lv68.

For MP, I’d need 748 extra MP. I currently have 514 extra MP, and with 100 INT over 30 levels of natural gain, I'll gain at least 300 extra MP, to have at least 814 extra MP by lv68.

This means that I’ll need 579,700 vote cash, equivalent to a little over three months of voting, for the first phase.​

Second Phase - 30k HP at lv160

Once I achieve 18,750 HP at lv135, my plan is to then aim for 30k HP at lv160, including HP from rings, requiring about 39 more levels of fresh HP washing after accounting for natural HP gains. This means I'll start fresh HP washing again from lv127.

The bonus MP gained from leveling up with 100 INT by lv160 ensures I'll have sufficient extra MP for the washing process.

Vote cash isn't much of a concern at this point since I'd have enough stats to deal decent damage. Considering 39 levels of washes, I'd need 195 AP Resets, and an additional 94 AP Resets to wash out the INT at the end. This totals to another 895,900 vote cash, which is about four months of voting.​

In summary,

First Phase:
    - fresh HP wash from lv31 to lv68
    - add STR normally from lv69 to lv126
    - reach 18,750 HP with rings at lv135
    - slightly more than 3 months of voting
    Second Phase:
    - fresh HP wash again from lv127 to lv160
    - reach 30k HP with rings at lv160
    - option to wash out INT from this point
    - another 4 months of voting

This strategic planning enables my character to become strong earlier, reducing the need to wait extensively for vote cash during the first phase. By the time I reach the 4th job, I’ll still maintain strength and can gradually accumulate vote cash to eventually complete the washing during the second phase.

In fact, I could start fresh HP washing at lv89 to lv160 to achieve the same goal, but doing it earlier allows me to adjust according to the extra RNG gains along the way. And I can choose to do some extra MP washes for a more comfortable MP pool.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  16. OP
    OP
    Wensleydale

Jul 6, 2023
    Male
    Wensleydale
    Warrior
    [​IMG]

4/5 tho

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Entry 28:

Not sure if I wanted to post this entry, but hey, not everything is smooth sailing in life.

card28-1.png

After long hours of hunting Wild and Fire Boars, the first Fire Boar card finally dropped after collecting 334 Fire Boar's Teeth.

Yeah, that's all for today. Also, I've updated my Entry 0 to have links to all my entries should you want to go back reading them.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  18. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Entry 29:

If you're wondering about the absence of updates, Fire Boars are to blame.

card29-1.png

Although I successfully gathered the final card for Wild Boar, the Fire Boar's card count remains at one. Progress on this set appears slower compared to others.

As a heads up, I regret to inform you that there won't be any updates until the Fire Boar set is complete.

I've included brief quality-of-life descriptions alongside each entry in Entry 0. Thank you for reading, and I wish you a wonderful weekend.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Tobi3

Tobi3 Slime

Nov 22, 2023
    Male
    7:12 AM
    There's an internet cafe in Kerning City that leads to the "Premium Road: Dry Rocky Mountains II". It literally rains fire boars there, but not sure if that'd be against the spirit of your journey. You can make it to KC from Lith Harbor. Iron boars are found in Pig Park, on the way to Mushmom.

20. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    I fell through a one-way path into Sleepywood near Ellinia. As there isn’t a walkable path out, I chose not to use a town scroll and opted to clear my way out. Now I’m on the last map and once I clear it, I'll have access to Perion and the rest of the towns.