1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Should Aufheben EV Be Higher?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gurk, Nov 19, 2023.

Tags:

Should Auf EV be buffed?

1. Yes

33 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    9:54 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Mages are viable bossers. They're just not meta, and most mages aren't funded like other attackers.
    Or are you going to try to convince me that a level 200 fully funded I/L mage can't out dpm the typical level 155 paladin in a 12 man run?

2. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    12:54 PM
    Why are most mages not funded like other normal attackers? Outside of a few anomalies, the entire server don't even consider mages as part of characters available for bossing. If you are not aware of that, not sure what game u have been playing.

3. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    6:54 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I think that is mainly because the scaling for mages is rather bad, your mesos are better spend on attack gear for any other class. However, just because it's inefficient way of spending mesos doesn't mean mages are not viable in bosses at all and there's various mage mains who have shown what they can be capable of even though it is more situational.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Situational being the keyword. As of now there is almost no benefit of going mage over bishop for a new player.

5. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    11:54 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    mage damage isnt that bad xd

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    It's not fair to look at the current meta where the most popular bosses are essentially oblivious to people shooting them for like 30 minutes straight and say mages are not popular for bossing - the content is what's lacking.

If I were a boss, as a tanky single target, I'd be doing everything I can to negate single target DPM. In ML unfortunately that negation largely comes in the form of DR, Weapon Cancel, and HP checks which are widely recognized as lame because there's no counter-play or skill expression. There are so many other options available, maybe for example getting hit by Auf Orb cuts your DPM in half unless you duck it - then people can AFK and pop apples if they want, or focus up

Auf and NT as a whole are a breath of fresh air where bosses go a bit beyond soak bullets, afk-check, drain pots, and throw up weapon cancel. I think having a lower EV allows Auf to be more difficult to clear because players wouldn't be missing as much if they decide they don't want to invest the effort, though maybe she's a bit too unpopular currently.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Because words matter and you’re making a claim that mages aren’t viable. Just because something isn’t meta doesn’t mean it’s not viable.

If you can’t see why we’re going “off-topic” in order to draw parallels to the topic on hand, I can’t help you.

8. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    i dont think the meta is mage. making shads and nls are the meta now. and pally, bucc mules.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Thanks for your definition. Everything is viable.

10. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Yeah this game is fucking easy

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Yea auf is a viable boss, just not quite meta. Increasing its EV is not right.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    10:54 PM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Ooohh whaaaaaa the cleavers have a single boss where they're actually good. NL's don't need to br meta everywhere

13. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Didn't realize heros and drks are the meta classes for auf.

14. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Explain to me what a 'viable' EV is.

15. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Idk, you didn't define, you only said there's a difference.

16. Ako

Ako Red Snail

May 31, 2021
    I/L Wizard, I/L Arch Mage
    I run as nl in auf

• Great Work Great Work x 5
  17. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    3 years on and I still can't find a 155 attacker that can outdpm a 200 mage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. GooBeR

GooBeR Master Chronos

Aug 29, 2021
    Just increase the helmet drop rate. It's the only thing people want anyways. And might as well increase the scroll drop rates to accommodate the increase in helms.

19. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    1:54 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Love to see thread about EV of auf becomes another NL crying one. Please, no more. we've seen it enough, don't we?

Now auf became boss running w/o using apples, and even WAY lesser than time limit. I actually see many NLs running auf with their friends, ofc they aren't shining as how they are in PB, getting helped from their friends, but still they do their job well. This game is eventually community game, sometimes you get help, and sometimes you help others.

Maybe big difference between NLs who attending bosses which they can't do well, and not running would be - socializing. Can't say everyone is same, but I'd just do longer run with ppls I love to play with, rather than cherrypicking poggers only doing boring sweaty so-called 'pro runs' which drains my energy and life, just to save few mins. (and I actually do so, just not in auf because I'm not interested in yet).

Good counterpart would be HT and PB. I've been rejected from so many 6man HT being told like '2 cleavers (or even having cleaver itself) in 6man HT is too overkill! I need range' even when I was able to beat single target DPM of NLs in that run. Yes I do know how to mix panic without getting delay. Are you proud of me R**geKu**e? I didn't complain, because it's hosts freedom to select who to choice and I wished to respect it instead of wasting our time debating. Instead of doing that, I just hosted my own run and proved with many runs, that I don't suck, and luckily I think it worked out well. Now this happens in auf. '2 NLs in 6man auf is too overkill! I need cleave'. Cleavers didn't complain about that meta too much. now, it's NLs turn. Would you respect hosts freedom for that? or, shitpost on forum to ask to make another 'NL = S tier' boss?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    1:54 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Perhaps this mention would be correct.
    'Too much NLs in server'.

Most of bossings were ok to carry 3~4 NLs in single pty (ex. krex, zak, ht, pb), and server population followed it, which isn't same with auf.

• Agree Agree x 1