1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Card Collection Challenge

Discussion in 'Community' started by Wensleydale, Nov 7, 2023.

1. OP
    OP
    Wensleydale

Wensleydale Orange Mushroom

Jul 6, 2023
    Male
    3:33 PM
    Wensleydale
    Warrior
    Yeah, heading towards Kerning City before Ellinia has been my plan from very early on. That's why I prioritized leveling using the World Tour maps so that I'd be strong enough to kill both Lupin and Iron Hog (thus making it through the L Forest). Going towards Ellinia right off the bat is definitely possible (kiwi did it) but I'm scared of the time investment Axe stumps would be. Especially with my card luck so far lmao

Luckily, I've started to see some progress with that plan as I've just begun the Florina card hunt!

• Like Like x 1
  2. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    3:33 AM
    Entry 30:

Hehe, I employed the same trick I used for Stumps on Fire Boars, setting low expectations, and the game thought it was trolling me by dropping cards sooner than expected. awesomemush Surprisingly, within a total of 1 hour, I managed to collect the remaining 4 Fire Boar cards, unlocking a path from Sleepywood to Perion!

card30-1.png

Since there are no new mobs between Perion and Kerning City, I've gained access to it as well. Now, I have full access to all the towns in Victoria Island! Having access to Kerning City also opens up NLC and Singapore, where more cards await collection.

card30-2.png

I was fortunate enough to acquire a Pooh Pooh Shovel from the Gacha, which can be a near-endgame weapon. Hopefully I'll be able to obtain some Spear for Att 60% / 70% scrolls soon.

An update on useful items, I've removed sword scrolls as they are irrelevant now, given that I've advanced into a Spearman.

Pumpkin Spear (Halloween 2023 Raffle)
    Talking Witch Hat (Halloween 2023 Raffle)
    Gold Surfboard (Slime)
    Raccoon Mask (Gachapon)
    Silver Strap Shoes (Gachapon)
    Yellow Work Gloves (Gachapon)
    Purple Marker (Gachapon)
    Pooh Pooh Shovel (Gachapon)

Bottomwear for Jump 70% (Gachapon)
    Pole Arm for Att 70% (Gachapon)
    Pole Arm for Accuracy 30% (Gachapon)
    Cape for DEX 100% (Slime)
    Shoes for Jump 10% (Orange Mushroom)
    Overall Armor for DEX 60% (Mano)
    Overall Armor for STR 70% (Gachapon)
    Eye Acceessory for Accuracy 60% (Gachapon)
    Shoes for Avoidability 60% (Sheep)
    Shoes for Speed 70% (Gachapon)
    Spear for Att 10% (Zombie Mushroom)
    Spear for Accuracy 30% (Gachapon)
    Spear for Accuracy 70% (Gachapon)
    Cape for DEX 10% (Gachapon)
    Clean Slate Scroll 3% (Halloween 2023 Raffle)
    Next, I'll work my way to Tier 1 Monster Book Ring, with 5 more sets to go, which I should be able to get from NLC and Singapore maps.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  3. dr0p

dr0p Slime

Jul 24, 2023
    dr0p
    I/L Arch Mage
    Congrats!!!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Entry 31:

card31-1.png

Went to New Leaf City to stock up on some value pots. Supreme Pizza provides a comparable price to HP heal ratio as Unagi, but it gives an additional 600 MP heal, which you'd expect to cost about 1.2k meso for conventional MP equivalent pots. Now I just need to focus on healing my HP whenever it gets low, and MP replenishes at the same time.

card31-2.png

While I'm here, I decide to hunt some new cards right of NLC.

card31-3.png

It's a decently dense map with three new mobs, and the drop rate isn't too bad. I did about two hours of accumulated hunting there.

card31-4.png

During a break between sessions and while pulling some gachas, I managed to get a Spear for Att 60% scroll! So far, whatever I wished for has come true pretty quickly, and this time I'm going to be greedy and wish for a CS/WS. So do wait for the good news in the near future.

card31-5.png

I remembered a quest here rewards Gloves of Att 60%, which is going to be a good boost. I went into Bigger Ben to acquire the quest, and luckily the mobs required by the quest are all in the map in the next area.

card31-6.png

The area was a pain to move around, so upon completing the quest, I promptly left the place.

card31-7.png

I bought a few dozen Pumpkin Spears, ranging from 50k to 400k each with 48-50wa, hoping to scroll a decent attack spear to switch into when I'm fighting mobs that don't require too much accuracy. After many attempts of using 10% scrolls on the first three slots, I managed to make one of them pass 2/3 10% scrolls, which I then finished with 60% scrolls, resulting in a respectable 12 STR, 66wa spear. Although it started out with 48wa because scrolling with 10% favors quantity over quality, so it makes more economical sense to buy many lower attack spears at very cheap prices. It's not very high, but I'm still very satisfied with the stats.

I also decided to scroll my 4-slot Purple Marker instead of buying a new one to save some cost, as I don't expect to always be so lucky to pass all 5 slots. I passed 3/4 slots, resulting in a decent 6wa, which I am happy with.

Lastly, I've been wishing for a Spider Venom Earrings so much, and I did end up getting one. It's not exactly decent, missing all the STR, but I'm still happy that it has at least 2 DEX on it. These new upgrades improved my range by about 50%.

card31-8.png

I'm thinking of maybe just completing the Street Slime set since I'm only 1 card away, and revisit Urban Fungus another time, as I would like to complete the first page of the Monster Card Book.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Armando

Armando Mushmom

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    4:33 PM
    Hass
    Bowmaster
    Legacy
    So much work this week, could barely play :(
    Ribbon Pigs have been a pain. Only two cards so far after four levels and 440 ETC.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I made it to level 30, which means I can job advance. I really wanted to actually unlock Henesys before doing it, but morale is really low right now and I could use a change of scenery. In Henesys, I took the opportunity to buy a crossbow and a few equips, which should make my job advancement a little easier.
    [​IMG] lolsougly

With my advancement done, I returned to Lith Harbor, but decided to spend my Halloween Tickets, now that the event is over. Unfortunately, it looks like Cassandra is not allowing anyone through, so that is gonna have to wait...
    [​IMG]
    Then... back to Ribbon Pigs I go. At least now I can AoE some mobs to speed things up.
    That's... where this entry was supposed to end.
    But I wanted to try Iron Arrow and see if would speed things up or not... and what a great decision it was. In around 60-80 kills, I got the remaining cards, at only 482 Pig's Ribbons.
    Next up are Mano (optional), Shrooms, Orange Mushroom and Green Mushrooms, oh boy.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Wensleydale

Jul 6, 2023
    Male
    Wensleydale
    Warrior
    The Return to Stumps

I've somewhat run out of Maple Tour maps to distract myself from Stumps. Goats in Shanghai have turned out to be quite the challenge (haven't found a single card), Thailand is blocked off by Croco to the west, and Showa Street is just too strong for me currently. So, I set my sights on one of the only remaining maps I have access to: Thailand: Toad Pond, and started my Jr. Necki and Ligator card hunt! While there, I did my best Floridian impression and wrangled with the gators in the pond. :eek:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

My attempts ended up being fruitful as I completed my Ligator set and got 3/5 Jr Necki Cards. The little snakes were pretty annoying because I'm still missing them a lot, so I decided to move on before completing the entire set. Ligator took 234 ETC to complete, which is now the lowest amount of ETC I've tracked so far! WOOOO!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I finally felt strong enough to take on Florina Beach: A Look-Out Shed Around the Beach! As I've mentioned previously, this is vital for my plan of progressing through the L Forest maps on the way to Kerning City. I'm happy to report that I can hit both Lupins and Lorangs... most of the time. I was able to fairly quickly collect all 5 Lorang cards. However, during that time, I found 0 Lupin cards.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Lupins dragging on for so long actually gave me the motivation to move back to stumps. While there, I collected the last three cards I needed to complete the set. Funnily enough, the final count for tree branches was 207, which is now the lowest amount of ETC required to complete a set (beating out Ligator). I'm absolutely thrilled to be moving on to the next map!

[​IMG]

Statistics
    Total Card Sets:
    Total Cards: 87
    Quests Completed: 100!
    Maps Conquered: 10
    Mesos: 7,235,997
    NX: 8,450
    Pumpkin Coins: All spent (~600 total collected)
    Stumps?: CONQUERED

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
  7. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Entry 32:

I obtained my final Street Slime card, but unfortunately, the screenshot is on another machine I don't currently have access to.

card32-1.png

Moving on, I went to Kerning City Subway's Bubblings and finished the set in about 20 minutes.

card32-2.png

With two more sets to reach 30, I attempted Zombie Mushrooms, but after 30 minutes without a single card, I switched to Crows at Zipangu.

card32-3.png

However, I only managed to get one card after another 30 minutes and decided to call it a day.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Armando

Armando Mushmom

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    Hass
    Bowmaster
    Legacy
    Okay, a LOT of stuff happened today!

After finishing Pigs, my next step was pretty clear: I had to hunt Orange and Green Mushrooms and Shrooms. That was all that was keeping me from getting to Henesys.
    Happily, I already had access to a map almost perfect for the job: Zipangu - Mushroom Forest, a map filled with Orange, Green and even Blue Mushrooms. Luckily, I got all the cards I needed pretty quickly and went back to my Lith Harbor -> Henesys path. Found Mano and killed it and its whole family a couple of times and even got two cards out of it!
    My last foe was the mighty Shroom, which can be found at the Mushroom Garden with a very generous spawn rate. Didn't take too long at all, and after around 80 ETCs collected, the final card dropped.
    [​IMG]
    Finally, home!

Now in Henesys, I decided to finally use all of my Gachapon Tickets, hoping for a better crossbow, but luck was not on my side. I did get a few expensive items, like Claw for ATT 30%, but I currently have no way of spending my money, other than buying pots... (pics for transparency!)

Got a lot of other stuff but those are the only ones I can use (except CFA30, definitely selling that!)

As for the future, research shows me my next wall is Axe Stump, which can be found 4 maps east of Henesys in a huuuuuge map and there's not a lot of them in the map, so I'm considering to go the World Tour route just to keep on hunting cards, questing for a while or just embracing the pain and go for axe stumps. That's a decision for tomorrow me!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Wow, got some really nice gacha pulls there, more than 25mil meso MapleF14:sack::sack::sack:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Entry 33:

card33-1.png

After some long hours of hunting Zombie Mushrooms, the last three cards finally dropped!

card33-2.png

I also managed to pull a Topwear for STR 70% scroll from gacha, which will be useful in the future.

With the last set to go for the Tier 1 Monster Book Ring, I've decided to complete some quests to get some useful items, mainly the Old Raggedy Cape and Red Sauna Robe.

card33-4.png

card33-5.png

card33-3.png

Although I managed to get a Spear for Att 60% scroll from the quest as well, I already pulled one previously from gacha.

I did unlock the Overall Armor for STR 70% scroll very early into the challenge, which I proceeded to get some to scroll my newly acquired Sauna Robe, hoping none of the scrolls would destroy it.

card33-7.png

Fortunately enough, I passed 7 out of 10 scrolls without destroying it, which I am very pleased about. It now provides 14 STR, greatly boosting my damage.

card33-6.png

I am sad to announce that this will be my second last entry for now, with the last one being after I've completed 30 sets, which I intend to get from Urban Fungus.

I plan to take a break from the challenge for a few weeks and continue my refinement journey while waiting for vote cash for washing. If the Christmas Event is as bad as Halloween's, then I'll likely resume the card collection challenge at that time.

Appreciate your readership through my entries!

• Like Like x 4
  11. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Entry 34:

card34-1.png

I've completed the 30th set!

card34-2.png

Although the WS/CS I wished for didn't come through, I did pull Brown Work Gloves as a consolation prize. These will certainly finance my future scrolling endeavors.

card34-3.png

Afterward, I headed to Lith Harbor to obtain my Tier 1 ring, marking the temporary conclusion of the challenge.

card34-4.png

See you next year!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Armando

Armando Mushmom

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    Hass
    Bowmaster
    Legacy
    Decided to make a small entry while the server is in maintenance.

After getting to Henesys, I had a few decent options: either try my luck and patience at Axe Stumps (only 2 to 4 in a huge map) on the way to Ellinia, measure my strength against Lupins and Clangs in Florina Beach, or, if none of those worked out, go touring the world with Spinel.

First of all, I tried Axe Stumps, it went as expected: miserably, gave up after just a few minutes. Second option was Florina Beach, so I started heading there.

On my way to Lith Harbor, found a few more Manos and finished the set, woo!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Then, in Florina, found out I'm definitely not strong enough yet, having to hit enemies around 10 times or so for a single kill. Didn't realize enemies were 5-6 levels above me, oops!

Went back to Lith Harbor and was presented with a few good options by Spinel:
    - Go to Mushroom Shrine for Crow, Cloud Fox, Fire Raccoon, Genin and Ashigaru
    - or Floating Market for Rooster, Ligator and Jr. Necki
    - or Shanghai for Rooster, Duck, Sheep, Goat, Cow, Black Goat and Plow Ox

Spent some time in Floating Market just to pick up some quests and try out the mobs but I will now move to Shanghai, since there's more cards there and I can probably finish everything in there before having to move again.
    Random discovery: Roosters have AMAZING drops for their level!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Definitely moving to Shanghai when the server is back online!

• Like Like x 4
  13. Armando

Armando Mushmom

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    Hass
    Bowmaster
    Legacy
    See you soon, Kiwi!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  14. OP
    OP
    Wensleydale

Jul 6, 2023
    Male
    Wensleydale
    Warrior
    Weapon Progression

I don't have too much to update over the last few days so I'm gonna touch on weapon adventure so far. Going into this challenge I had loved the idea of using blunt weapons because they were paladin exclusive, however the RNG gods have heavily favored swords so far on my journey. This is the current sword and blunt weapon items i have at my disposal:

Swords
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Blunt Weapon
    [​IMG]

Luckily I have until third job to commit to a weapon type. I'm definitely going to need to farm for more Blunt Weapon scrolls if I want to go in that direction. Unfortunately, I'll need to collect a lot more cards to even be near a mob that drops 1hbw60 (closest would be Zombie Mushroom). For now, I'm very excited to use the Diao Chan Sword at level 48!

Card Progression

I did make my way back to Thailand in order to collect the one remaining Jr Necki card I needed. Even though I miss the majority of the time it did not take too long!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  15. OP
    OP
    Wensleydale

Jul 6, 2023
    Male
    Wensleydale
    Warrior
    Day 24

After collecting over 1000 (1056 to be exact) Bananas, I have finally completed to the Lupin card set! This is the second most ETC I've had to collect for set so far this challenge. This took much longer than I expected and desired it to be. However, this was the largest hurdle in the L Forest! So I'm feeling very confident as I continue to progress towards Henesys.

I now turn my focus onto finishing Ribbon Pig and Pig! I have given up on Goats in China because i still have yet to get a single card :brownpoop:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Wensleydale

Jul 6, 2023
    Male
    Wensleydale
    Warrior
    Henesys Time!

The final sprint towards Henesys was in full force! I started by finishing off both of the Pig and Ribbon Pig card sets. These sets went pretty quickly. Though, my perception of quick have been heavily skewed by Lupin and Cloud Fox :p.

[​IMG]

As I ventured forward I now had access to Mano. This is great because the old crusty snail drops both Overall Dex 60 and 1H BW 60 scrolls. Finding Mano on the other hand, was a bit more challenging :cry:. Luckily I persevered and was able to finish off the card set. Unfortunately, the scrolls I was looking for did not drop. Perhaps that will be a goal for another day.

[​IMG]

With that complete only one more map remained between myself and Henesys. I made my way to Hidden Street: Mushroom Garden to fight Shrooms. Once again, this went quite smoothly compared to both Lupin and Cloud Fox. It also felt weird traveling to this map because I was able to pass by several maps where I had already killed all of the mobs in.

[​IMG]

With that out of the way I officially stepped into Henesys for the first time! What an incredible and tedious journey this has been so far. And it only took me until level 43 to get here... :p

[​IMG]

Char Stats
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 5
  17. OP
    OP
    Wensleydale

Jul 6, 2023
    Male
    Wensleydale
    Warrior
    One Month!

With one huge hurdle left on my quest towards kerning, I made my way to Hidden Street: Pig Park to collect Iron Hog cards. I was pretty surprised that I could hit these more consistently than Lupin. Prioritizing leveling definitely worked out in my favor and I swiftly collected all the cards needed. (mouse too skilled so i didn't get many screenshots of these)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

With Iron Hogs out of the way I can freely travel through the L Forest! It felt nice to finally have my plan completed and a huge part of the early challenge out of the way! I passed right by both the Lupin and Iron Hog!

[​IMG]

For my last obstacle, I now had to collect Octopus cards from Victoria Island: Kerning City Construction Site. Luckily for me the map is huge and has very little of the actual mob i need... :cry: This wasn't as bad as Stumps, but it sure sucked.

[​IMG]

And then finally I MADE IT TO KERNING CITY!!!

[​IMG]

With one month of this challenge officially complete I'm pretty happy with the progress i have made. I hadn't really planned on what I'm gonna do next since I wasn't sure I was gonna make it this far. However, I now have a lot of options(nlc, singapore, kerning swamp, perion)!

[​IMG]

One of the first things I did in Kerning was craft some Work Gloves! That's gonna be huge for later on :yay:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2023
  18. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    JeanLeaf
    Beginner
    NewLeaf
    wish you good luck.

19. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Oh no Jean, what happened to the new challenger? Luckily you managed to preserve their first entry run.

20. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    JeanLeaf
    Beginner
    NewLeaf
    so hard to decide to continued be a beginner even with jobs is hard to buy heal items i just don't know what to do.