1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pirate A Buccaneer's Field Guide (2021 Update+Pink Bean)

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by iPippy, Oct 15, 2020.

1. CervezaSanta

CervezaSanta King Slime

Jul 29, 2017
    Male
    10:34 PM
    CervezaSanta
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Vivid
    I'm glad my first reponse to this thread aged well.

Barrel mains rise up!

2. OP
    OP
    iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    12:34 AM
    iPippy
    2021 Update Bump:

-Revised some previous text to update to 2021
    -Added initial Pink Bean information (other bossing content still coming soon... probably)
    -Added a meme build to max Double Shot and finally replace sins for good in LPQ

Been asked a fair few times about Pink Bean on bucc, so figured I'd info dump what I know here. It's a fairly rough draft, but better than nothing. It's not intended to be a guide on Bean in general, it already got too long.

• Like Like x 3
  3. BentPaw

BentPaw Master Chronos

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    9:34 PM
    angeloooo
    Night Lord
    Funk
    Is this the strange bug that causes buccs to have used TL but no one got their cooldowns removed? I've had this happen a couple times in zak/HT and never knew why it happened. But if it's due to a 1/1, then that makes sense why it's possible (but still very unlikely)

4. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    6:34 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Is this the same as a bugged res, perhaps?

5. OP
    OP
    iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Yep, I think that if you dont have enough MP before casting a skill it wont activate, but if you pass the initial check, the game will put the skill on cooldown and then attempt to activate the skill. Of course this fails because you've been 1/1d or MP drained between those 2 points. I've lost a couple TLs to it and a couple STs. I even know a shad that somehow managed to get hit and lose a smokescreen.

There used to be an old res bug, but that should be fixed now afaik. Any current cases of res bug are likely an extension of this same effect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. MaplePerson

MaplePerson Snail

Dec 16, 2021
    Male
    6:34 AM
    LegendKnight
    Dark Knight
    Chroma
    Thank you for your guide!

I'm curious to know what you did exactly to reach 30k HP on your bucc with it being your first character, could you share how you achieved this? :)

7. OP
    OP
    iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    It's not a story I put down as I didn't want the numbers quoted and misused. I had 400 base int at my peak, which is way more than you truly need.

I don't recall the exact numbers I used at low levels, but I was not initially going for 30k clean, so i had less int. I dont remember for sure, but I believe it was somewhere between 100-150 base. Mind you, this was years ago, when it was commonly believed wash was optional for brawlers, so I was aiming much lower.

I did quests and a bit of pq (the usual nostalgia stuff) without being too hindered, until it came time for gs2 levels, where I stayed until 3rd job when I pivoted to mannies-now there's a throwback. In my late gs2 time, I remember learning about mp wash and how impactful it truly is. I fell into the thought of "10 more base int gets me this much more hp at this price", and proceeded to make my spreadsheet to accommodate much higher goals. Dunno how high for certain, but I was probably low-mid 200 base at this point. I could kill mannies, though they took a bit longer than a non-washer I could kill them-and did until level 85.

With how much 3rd job sucked anyways, I'd decided I was going to funnel my money into buying leech from 85-120. I came to play bucc not marauder and I had the funds set aside to do it. At that point base int no longer mattered, so I pumped up farther to 400 base and set my sights for 30k (and then some). The leveling speed even on solo grind was never the issue, but rather nx/ap resets. Other than event farming, we didnt have niceties like double vote or nx drops to depend on. Even if I didn't buy leech and just grinded away at mannies slowly until 120, I wouldn't have nx to wash out the int. So I spent some time playing a bishop on my buccs account to harvest event drops quicker healing in gs2, generating so much bait to funnel resets for the marauder. This character was more of a way to pass time until I pooled together enough nx to get a decent jump on the marauder, basically enough to finish his mp washing. I've yet to sell a minute of leech or self-leech the marauder, it was basically an event farming gs2 bishop and a character that I didn't have weighed down with int if plans called for it.

I made my calcs so I could achieve 30k hp at the end (I didnt start early so I needed every ap until 200), and so I couldve dropped to 4 base after 120 and not need int gears, though I could still hardly afford the nx to do it right at 120. I actually have a tidy pool of about 900 excess mp still because I was still outleveling my base int.

As far as using the character went, as soon as I hit 4th job, I started my card hunt. Luckily it doesn't require much damage, as my barrage lines were like 2k at this point, and I was playing the character. Between the exp of card hunting and getting lucky with connections into boss runs, I was shooting fast in levels. This was even before dexbucc took off, so simply being the only available source of si back in the day was enough to somewhat meaningfully contribute with my 400 base and dropping by the day. I believe around my 16x I had finally removed all the int, but I felt useful enough as soon as I was below the 200 base mark, personally.

Idk if this unedited story was what you wanted in terms of "how" I washed, but hopefully it can be useful to you or somebody else. I hadn't included the 400 number before because I believe it is hardly necessary, and I dont want folks blindly raising that high. Even if you raise up base int in chunks to have more early game power, it should be doable with far less if you hp wash early while raising int.

And of course, the biggest takeaway should be the nx/time gate, rather than a strength gate. You'd be surprised what a player can do even with low stats if you just play it. Even if it's not the fastest, you're locked by nx rate, not eph rate.

OnionCourage

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    And while this post is fresh, might as well tease that I plan to refresh/update some guide details during patch time, as is traditon. I kinda overwhelmed myself thinking I needed to heavily outline how to do all the bosses in the DLC guide. I think simply adding a few tips, tricks, or things you'd not immediately think better fits the Field Guide way. Little "did you knows" like: you can hit dunas from the platform below him with demolition, safely outside of dispel range due to demo's massive vertical reach.

• Like Like x 2
  9. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    1:34 AM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    where's the booster on your keyboard setup? o.o

10. Karn

Karn Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    1:34 AM
    Karn, Fayden
    Buccaneer
    Favela
    At the time this post was created, booster didn't worked with SI

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Uhh... now I keep booster on my 'n' key right next to si. Most players simply macro'd the two, but I wanted the flexibility to jump between si/boost as well as not wanting to waste a precious macro slot on two buffs pressed once between st cycles (or after dp). They our only two non-mw buffs as well, so buffing is far from a burden compared to other classes.

Once I stop being lazy I'll update some guide stuff. There's a few new details to mention, but patches are too short now to do it during downtime, but soon(tm) :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  12. Notorious

Notorious Slime

Apr 10, 2021
    Male
    Galbatorix, Balake
    Buccaneer
    Chroma, Funk
    I've bookmarked this guide and come back to it countless times throughout my Bucc's journey. Thank you Pippy :)

13. Siegfried

Siegfried Master Chronos

Apr 21, 2017
    Male
    9:34 PM
    Time to pick up my old Buccaneer after 5 years. Thanks for the revised post!

14. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    11:34 PM
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.png

Hola e leído tu guía después de un buen tiempo de abandonar mis proyectos bucaneer (bucc 200 no wash con miras al hp Challenger que nueva llegaba y un nuevo bucc 17x que hice por qué después del parche de PB el wash ya no era opcional sino obligatorio) además de lavar corsario a 30k y terminar la universidad.

Paso mucho y nunca me considere un buen jugador pero si alguien que maneja bien la clase y fue un pionero al escoger está maravillosa clase en este servidor (recuerdo los días en que sole éramos kurayamilove, orpheas y yo los bucc encima de 16x) , y el motivo principal por el que nunca lave fue por qué solo tenía ese personaje y vivía solo para pots y financiación de equipo básico decente, recién en lv 17x me cree un arch mago y caí en el mundo de las drogas el auto lech y la fabrica de mulas perdiendo el top 2 bucc por MeleSmash

Es interesante todo lo que leí en los comentarios y todo lo que has investigando aunque si me gustaría aportar un poco de mi experiencia usando buccs desde hace bastantes años:

No tiene por qué sacrificar puntos de trabajos superiores para maximizar habilidades de trabajos inferiores los puntos están ahí y realmente cuadran perfectos sin sacrificar nada salvó con pequeños ajustes en niveles superiores como el 4job 30k hp o lv 200.

-1 job
    flash first solo mantenga en lv 11 si quiere hacer cosas de ladron en LPQ mantengalo en lv 1 y 10 en double shot y no se complique armando un combo de ataque con este por qué su única utilidad es la velocidad de att que tiene muy útil para recargar energía en cancels o cerca a su turno de TL.

Sin títulololz.png

-2 job
    lo que puede hacer es mantener corkscrew blow en lv 11 por qué solo es un rush y su alcance no depende del nivel de la habilidad, en lv 200 o cuando alcance la meta 30k hp mueva 9 puntos de improve maxHP a corkscrew blow y ya estará con su daño del 2 job al máximo aunque al final solo es rush Kek

poggggs.png

-3job
    como ya no sacrificara puntos shocwave llega a lv 21 por lo tanto pegara a 6 mobs, es muy útil y llamativo entrenar en gallooeras con la burbuja y transformado ademas el ligero rango vertical de shockwave lo hace un poco mas útil en mobs en zak si vas 100% st, y queda la posibilidad de encontrarle su lugar en el mundo.

Ezballs.png loeggs.png

-4job
    aquí yo siempre recomiendo poner todas las habilidades 1 punto luego escoger la construcción que quieran, esto es más para adaptarse desde temprano al uso y cancelación de macros encadenando determinados skils.

BUGGME.png GMSIAO.png

Respecto a mw 30 en bucc pienso que debería haber algún ajuste de alguna habilidad a lv 20, alguna vez sugerí que energy orb se vuelva a una habilidad de lv 20 para poder completar esos 10 puntos, por qué en comparación con otras clases que terminan sus habilidades más útiles en lv 17x o menos (si si arch mages y shadowers) nosotros usamos todas y quedamos cortos con los puntos.

Para despedirme dejaré aquí un post donde expliqué de cierta forma todo lo relacionado a macros en diferentes boses y algunos tips aunque no tan detallados y avanzados como los que tú expusiste porque tengo que admitirlo me oxide como bucc por mi inactividad y por un proyecto nl que francamente pienso dejar por qué me duermo apretando solo una tecla Zzzz...

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/share-your-buccaneer-keybinds.42354/

Last edited: Mar 14, 2024
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1