1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted A quick fix to Oak Barrel

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by KurayamiLove, Jan 4, 2021.

1. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    8:48 AM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Oak Barrel has a known issue of getting its user stuck (Something rather unfortunate if your step-bro is around) So let's discuss this:

What causes the bug?
    The barrel while on the ground has a small animation of the barrel dropping on you, while this animation is playing the skill can be canceled by damage or dispel making the small skill indicator of the skill on the top right corner to disappear, once the animation is over it has no skill display making it last forever (or until you die or change map).

The easy fix:
    Altho I know making the transformation instant like in the rope is another fix, this will also remove the animation cancel, this mechanic is what Bucc need: a bit more DPM on normal form at the cost of needing to pay attention and get the cancel right.
    So the fix is just to make the Barrel undispellable, getting he bug to happen while you get git is rather rare, and now is harder than before to do it (I think was attempted to be fixed and they did a good job) but getting stuck during dispel is rather easy since well most bosses love to dispel you.

Why this cannot be exploited:
    1. Any damage you take breaks the Barrel, so even if you want to use the barrel as you get sed on HT, any dmg that you take works as dispel
    2. Yes you can pot and loot during the barrel but you cannot attack and as I said damage breaks the barrel (and the barrel doesn't stop magic damage), the only reason to use Barrel on a boss is to do the animation cancel
    3. I know the barrel has aggro abuse potential, but if you aggro abuse the boss won't dispel or attack anyways and you may get banned if you do so as well

So yeah, this fix is fast and easy and will prevent Buccs to commit suicide at HT.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. FatSloth

FatSloth Windraider Retired Staff

Nov 15, 2020
    Male
    2:48 AM
    FatSloth
    Buccaneer
    ImACatMeow
    Rare to happen but still pretty annoying when it does happen. Would love to see this fixed!

3. Vystical

Vystical Orange Mushroom

May 31, 2018
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    3:48 AM
    Vystical/Kyrln
    Buccaneer
    Perion
    Will reduce the number of @GMs from us poor barrel-stuck Buccs.

4. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    According to Blake this was silently fixed because he couldn't get himself barrel locked when he tried in a run.

5. FatSloth

FatSloth Windraider Retired Staff

Nov 15, 2020
    Male
    2:48 AM
    FatSloth
    Buccaneer
    ImACatMeow
    Unless it was very recent then that may not be the case. I got stuck in pap like a week ago.

6. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    OK never mind just saw someone just got stuck in a barrel. Guess it's not fixed then.

Anyways just gonna say that changing barrel animation to that of the rope's is NOT a good idea. The 1 second elapsed between using barrel and barrel actually falling down is the only thing that makes it not possible to just cancel everything and string together a 10 skill combo in two seconds. Making barrel undispellable is much better

7. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    LF> super saiyan GOLDEN barrel

8. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    8:48 AM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I HT a few days ago and I got stuck, not even the stupid transforming pots saved me. So yeah lets just make it undispellable, easy and fast fix with no exploits like SI was "fixed" making mages inmune to it instead of making it only affect weapon speed and not cast speed.

9. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    12:48 AM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    • Great Work Great Work x 7