1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Add Existing Gachapon Visual Effects to Golden Gachapon Tickets

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by michaelxii, May 27, 2020.

1. michaelxii

michaelxii Horny Mushroom

Oct 6, 2018
    Male
    10:42 PM
    michaelxii
    F/P Arch Mage
    California
    Before I start, I wanted to say that this event has been really fun to play during the quarantine. It is really apparent that all the staff put in a lot of effort. Thanks for that!
    OnionF2

Right now, golden gachapon tickets do not have the visual effects that common or rare tickets do. Sometimes the golden color of the ticket blends in with mesos or other etc. lying on the floor. The puffs also can obstruct and hide the ticket. Due to the rarity of the drop, it seems that the gold ticket would warrant the special effects that gachapon ticket currently have.

If possible, could these effects be added next patch? Potentially missing tickets from me just not seeing them makes me sad.
    OnionCry

Thanks again for the effort! Looking forward to spending more time farming!

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    1:42 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Will require patch, but I'll add these soon. Unfortunately it got overlooked before release.

FYI, when we introduced the drop glow, I envisioned to add them to all valuable event items (nx coupons, coins, etc.) so hopefully we don't forget for next event SlimeSweat2

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. RADWIMPS

RADWIMPS Orange Mushroom

Apr 24, 2020
    10:42 PM
    I think the 'drop glow' should be changed to something like this, if someone were to be color blind they wouldn't see the 'drop glow' cAcPPvq.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wigglytuff

Wigglytuff Orange Mushroom

Mar 28, 2020
    Would it be possible to colour code the drop glow since there’s also purple, yellow, and green versions of it? Like yellow glow for the golden ticket for example

5. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    We specifically moved away from those as they're not visually appealing. Even with color blindness, people will able to notice drops easier with drop effect as it has moving animation.

I personally think this will be more clutter than improvement, but it's something that can be discussed by staffs.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    1:42 PM
    Z00M
    Beginner
    There're some maps where like corners of Red Slime map, if a drop even like GACHA drops there (behind the 2 walls and the portal), I wouldn't be able to see it, any chance to rectify this? Also if it drops on the portal itself

7. Eminence

Eminence Mushmom

Dec 15, 2017
    Male
    1:42 PM
    Eminence/Afterglow
    Bishop
    Pacifists
    Personally I would prefer the drop animations to be similar to what RADWIMPSRADWIMPS mentioned. I would take that over the current animation that has the possibility of getting covered by loot or being missed out on large maps.

• Like Like x 1