1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Being hit while standing/hanging at safe spots

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by Neko, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    12:21 AM
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    Description of the bug really hard to get a pic of, and im not sure if i have catched it on one of my streams or not but you get hit and fall down from the safe spots, never used to happen before and its weird to get hit after a couple of hours when you where safe for a few hours before it was happening ( and yes, im never to high/low on ropes or stand on unsafe spots while afk'ing and i make sure that they are safe befoing placing a char there )
    What is supposed to happen?: you are not supposed to get hit while being out of range and at a safe afk spot from mobs
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: wan wan spa at one of the middle ropes, gs2 rope and gs2 at the middle of the stairs
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):not sure how to recreate it as i don't know what causes it
    Extra information (optional): some people in my guild/alliance also said they had experienced this, so at least i got some kind of prof that its not only happening for me

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Only thing I can think of maybe is the agro changes causing different bugs. But I believe the agro get changed (or reverted (?)) already next rev.

3. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    If anyone that experience this know when it started to happen, that's a great help.

4. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    No info and no @GM's since. Anyone got this issue still?

5. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    I literally just now experienced it at skeletons. Some skele just came flying and knocked me off the rope

6. MapleBento

MapleBento Slimy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    5:21 PM
    Grizzly
    Dark Knight
    Noir
    It hasn't happened to me but Noods was telling me that her Hero and some other people who were afking for hours beforehand randomly fell off the rope and died the other night while they were in safe spot. I imagine these are caused by the same issue, whatever it is.

7. Isaac

Isaac Selkie Jr.

Sep 15, 2015
    Male
    Vancouver
    4:21 PM
    Goblin
    Mafia
    I had a leecher fall from ropes at skele for no reason two nights ago. The spot is for sure safe cause I tested the spot with the lazers before letting the leecher go afk.

8. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    It's happened multiple times now, some skeleton just comes flying and knocks me off the rope.

9. Unlucky

Unlucky Mr. Anchor

Aug 8, 2015
    Male
    Australia
    10:21 AM
    Unlucky / Babez
    Project
    This just happened to someone i am leeching. they were safe on the rope for like an hour and then suddenly got knocked off

10. mapler

mapler Slime

Nov 11, 2015
    I don't think this bug has been resolved yet because I still face this problem daily.
    It usually happens if I afk and then start attacking again in the same map, or if someone else enters the map. However, it even happens randomly while I'm constantly attacking and no other player entered the map (perhaps a GM in 'hide' mode entered the map?).
    It causes mobs to fly around the map and be dropped off in supposedly safe platforms where they shouldn't spawn, or for mob magic attacks to reach places far outside of their range, killing any players/leechers hanging on ropes. (e.g. the stairs in GS2, the ropes in skeles, basically every map with a "safe" platform or rope isn't actually safe due to this bug.)

Is this bug really hard to fix? I tried to be patient since it only appears once every couple hours, but by now I've lost tens of millions in exp and several safety charms. I admittedly became a little frustrated because no matter what I do there seems to be no way to avoid it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I want to bump this because I think its still an issue at certain spots like wolfspider.