1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendon's MapleLegends Adventure!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brendon, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Brendon

Brendon Slime

Jul 13, 2020
    Male
    1:21 PM
    Hey ML community!

My name is Brendon and I've played many pre-bb servers, (basically all of the hyped/populated ones in the last 2 years) and looking to "retire" from the competitive portion of the game.

I'm going to be casually playing at a slower pace without worrying about daily bossing, min-maxing, leech/intense HP washing meta, etc. I chose ML to start my new adventure because I never played ML before and I appreciate the fact that the drop rate/exp rate isn't too elevated.

My new character will be a shadower focusing on questing/monster books with a mix of self-find/iron-man principles (not 100% ironman/self-find), but with PQ's included since completely skipping PQ's would be a lame experience. I will be adding base INT (goal of 100, by adding 2 AP points into INT upon level up until 50 base int, and then adding 1 AP point into INT upon level up until final goal of 100 base int). Maybe if I find some INT scrolls, I can create my own INT equips for level ups, but I'm not too concerned about that. Even though this character won't be focusing on end-game bossing or any at all for that matter, I would still like to have the extra HP boost for my shadower for the convenience. Plus, what else would I do with all the daily vote NX otherwise?

Here's the first progress picture, and I will try to update this post somewhat frequently. Cheers!

7.15.2020 lvl 16.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    10:21 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Welcome brendon! Are you who i think you are?

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. OP
    OP
    Brendon

Brendon Slime

Jul 13, 2020
    Male
    Hey Noob ;)

Yes I am.

4. RainbowYarn

RainbowYarn Pink Teddy

Jan 14, 2020
    Male
    United Kingdom
    6:21 PM
    B-R-E-N-D-O-N

I-S

H-E-R-E

Hai. Keep going. We all like journals and things like these. Mmmmmm, journals....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    8:21 PM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Awesome, have fun man!

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Brendon

Brendon Slime

Jul 13, 2020
    Male
    7.15.2020 lvl20.jpg

Wrapping up for the day. Hit the lvl 20 milestone!

Updates since last:
    • New suave haircut (thanks Claudia!)
    • New friend from Australia! Met him/her in Maple Island at character creation and happened to bump into him/her at HHG1
    • Found a new dagger from a random mob at HHG1
    • First earrings from red snail
    • Finished a lot more quests at Victoria Island
    • First monster set complete (green snail!)

• Like Like x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    Brendon

Brendon Slime

Jul 13, 2020
    Male
    Some minor updates:
    • Found first rare + common gach ticket
    • Failed my first dark scroll from gach =(
    • 3 levels gained! More quests finished
    • New bandana from slime!
    7.16.2020 lvl 21 first rare gach.jpg 7.16.2020 lvl 22 first common gach.jpg 7.16.2020 lvl 23 first gach attempt and dark scroll.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    [MapleTip] It's MapleLegends, not Maple Legends.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  9. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    1:21 AM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    [MapleTip] Not all MapleTips are useful.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Brendon

Brendon Slime

Jul 13, 2020
    Male
    Updated title to keep the fans happy!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Brendon

Brendon Slime

Jul 13, 2020
    Male
    Did not have a chance to update yesterday. Long story short, got to lvl 30 and job advanced!
    New shield from ariant mob, bought a new dagger from NPC (couldn't equip the lvl 30 daggers yet, so a modest upgrade for now), reconciled Alex and his father and got a new earring as a reward (lightning), saved Maya and got rewarded a new hat (bamboo), and found some thief top/bot from random mobs.

7.17.2020 lvl 30 job adv.jpg

Today, I finally tackled KPQ to get slime shoes + 5 cards. Was not easy considering I was already lvl 30 by the time I started KPQ. I had to kill myself a couple times so I can lose EXP (raise KPQ lvl limit! It's not possible to do quests and KPQ at the same time or you'll over level or not get EXP worthwhile if you do the quests later). I did get the 5 Slime King cards in the end, however. Also got 2 10% top for def to pass on the top I found the day prior...

7.18.20 First 10%.jpg 7.18.20 Second 10%.jpg

Ended the day at lvl 34 while being able to complete a lot more quests and monster books!
    Also managed to get a 70% shield wep att scroll from gachapon that I'm going to store until I can manage to get a khanjar/dkhanjar much later on. New pants upgrade from mob in sleepywood. First cape from hospital quest in kerning, used 2 100% cape dex (from slime) and 2 100% cape luk(from pigs), and will probably continue to hunt slime or pigs for the final slot.

7.18.2020 lvl 34 progress.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. OP
    OP
    Brendon

Brendon Slime

Jul 13, 2020
    Male
    Completed my first monster book page and a lot more quests! Moving character over to Ludi to start LPQ to get the 5 Alishar cards before being locked out at lvl 51. Finally got my sauna robe from the Wetbottom quest and scrolled it with 100% overall dex scrolls. Upgraded to lvl 30 dagger now that I have enough Str + Dex. Upgraded to Leaf earrings from quest.

7.19.2020 lvl 39 progress.jpg

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Brendon

Brendon Slime

Jul 13, 2020
    Male
    A lot of changes since last update!
    • Having just missed the anniversary event, I went ahead and picked up a red maple bandana for 600k since I use all 4 stats and it was too much value to not use.
    • Got a panlid after a 70% scroll blew up my previous shield. Scrolled for strength, 13 strength!
    • Finally have enough stats to equip the lvl 40 dagger.
    • Monster book lvl 3
    • More quests finished
    • Monster book + quest progress heavily slowed down due to being enslaved to LPQ for glasses + card. Will be even slower because I have to do Ellin PQ after this to get earrings + card.
    • Sold some stuff from gach to fund potions and very light scrolling.
    • Hit jackpot and got a Khanjar + White Scroll from gach!
    7.22.2020 lvl 45 Progress.jpg
    7.22.2020 gach.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. OP
    OP
    Brendon

Brendon Slime

Jul 13, 2020
    Male
    Ludi PQ IS NO MORE!
    Finally got my glasses + 5 cards. Now onto Ellin PQ for earrings + 5 cards...
    Upgraded some int gear from selling white scroll. Total of +48 int gear with lvl 50 cape.
    Will probably buy afk zakum helm service to benefit from all four primary stats + armor at lvl 50 after doing the Zak prequests. Not much progress on cards and quests since being stuck in LPQ + EPQ.

7.24.2020 lvl 49 ludi pq done.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  15. OP
    OP
    Brendon

Brendon Slime

Jul 13, 2020
    Male
    Finally got my zakum helmet after 4 attempted runs. Sitting at +71 int from equips with int gear on. Got Tier 1 ring, and monster book at lvl 4. First page of orange tab almost complete. Grinding through EPQ to get glittering earrings and then will have to grind out OPQ (card + quest) and then PPQ + MPQ for card + quest as well

7.28.2020 lvl 51 progress.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Brendon

Brendon Slime

Jul 13, 2020
    Male
    1 monster away from completing the first page of the orange tab for monster book!
    Finally done with EPQ and got the earrings, so I had a few levels to focus on questing and monster book. Now going to have to slave away at OPQ for diary pages + cards...
    Currently at +76 int with int gear. New base int goal of 150 instead of original 100, since I'm basically PQ'ing to 100 and will have Mesos Explosion skill by then.

7.30.2020 lvl 58 progress.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Brendon

Brendon Slime

Jul 13, 2020
    Male
    Took a break from OPQ (since it's hard to find a party) and decided to do more questing and monster book-ing.
    Hit lvl 60 and got tier 2 ring! Finished a lot more quests, specifically around orbis + el nath.

8.1.2020 lvl 60 progress.jpg

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  18. HighRoller

HighRoller Blue Snail

Aug 3, 2020
    Male
    Tier 2 at that early stage of the game let alone as a bandit is very impressive. Keep it up!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    Brendon

Brendon Slime

Jul 13, 2020
    Male
    Got to lvl 65. Tier lvl 3 ring! Finished Omega Sector quest line and collected all monster cards from Omega Sector. Welp, back to OPQ~

8.3.2020 lvl 65.jpg

• Like Like x 4