1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Can BM be allowed to HP pot while using Hurricane?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tarnished, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    10:47 AM
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    No other class afaik has this limitation of not being able to pot while attacking, not even Marksman - the other SE. Not only does pet pot only work once before needing to let go of Hurricane, you also cannot manual pot. It leads to very clunky gameplay, and needless deaths if you accidentally try to pot before letting go of Hurricane because there is absolutely no buffering of inputs; If you pot even 10ms before letting go of Hurricane, it will fail.

I understand that the stale-AFK detection system is based off # of attacks, but maybe BM can at least be allowed to use HP pots, just not MP?

It just seems that even with auto-HP, BM gameplay is not going to be more AFK than NL.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    11:47 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    You can use pet food during hurricane.

QoL-wise, I think we should be able to use ACP during hurricane in case we get blinded while in hurricane. No other class deals with key input limitations as you can usually weave in potion use between your attacks. BMs lose dpm efficiency due to hurricane's start/stop animation which is not included in DPM charts/considerations.

I disagree with being able to use pots while in hurricane, though, as that's mostly a player skill issue that can be improved upon with practice.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Lucidcat

Lucidcat Mixed Golem

May 14, 2021
    2:47 AM
    double click the pot works?

5. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    Although it is a bit (only a bit) true, it's kinda weird to always attribute the reason behind suggestions to it being a player skill issue. No other class deal with this, this is not a unique class identity. One could even say auto hp pots should not be implemented because it can differentiate between skilled and non-skilled player, but does it mean we should change it?

6. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Except autopot does work while you're hurricaning. What OP is referring to is autopot failing sometimes to which you can pot while repositioning. The only time you might get stuck not being able to pot is if you are just holding down hurricane without buffering and you start up your next hurricane animation without having potted. This occurs with other classes too. If you don't let go of your dedicated attack key, you won't be able to pot.

7. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    You and I are both fellow bowmasters with experience playing other classes. As you definitely played the bowmaster class more than I have, you might be aware that a major difference between all other classes and bowmaster is when the other classes "press" the pot button to heal hp, this action takes will automatically terminate any future attacks and heal up the character, whether or not they let go of their dedicated attack key (yes I have tested this, and this also works for any other potions such as hp/mp/atk/etc). In the bowmaster's case, no matter how many times they mash the pot button, hurricane will not stop and no heal will take place. I need to point out that that your statement is inaccurate and this is the issue that the OP is referring to. There exists a fundamental difference between how bowmaster manual pot vs how other classes manual pot.

I believe the fix could simply be, if a bowmaster is in hurricane mode, any attempt to recover hp/mp/att pots/etc should automatically terminate the hurricane sequence and consume the corresponding potion.

8. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Ah, I thought OP was asking for pots to be usable while maintaining hurricane, which would be stupid and promote more braindead BM play.

Nonetheless, I still think it's a player skill issue that should be learned around, especially for BMs that basically rely on buffering and repositioning as their core playstyle. Implementing this change would be akin to putting on training wheels that only stunts people's understanding of the class.

The other thing I want to point out is that other classes should be potting similarly to BMs, mechanically. If you're a non-BM class keeping your attack key pressed while potting, you are only lowering your DPM efficiency as you are not buffering in your next attack while potting. After quick testing, it seems like the action of potting completely nullifies your attack key press, so you'd need to depress and repress the key to start attacking again. Needless inefficiency.

De-pressing hurricane is lagless which is why we have things like directional buffering. If you're dying because you are afk holding down hurricane past the entire duration of iframes and you can't pot because you don't want to de-press hurricane to repot, I think it's player skill related.

9. RADWIMPS

RADWIMPS Orange Mushroom

Apr 24, 2020
    I personally think that BM's should be able to use consumables mid hurricane because of players ping to the server, similarly to Shadowers using Dark Sight and Assassinate, why can't BM's have the luxury of using consumables in Hurricane? As -ovv mentioned it being a "skill issue" which to be honest its timing along with the ping to the server.

To compare, I'm not entirely sure about how Corsair's Rapidfire behaves when attempting to use consumables, if it doesn't and BM's are the only ones locked from using them then in my honest opinion they should also be able to, and of course if Corsairs have it the similar to BM's currently then both should have the ability to use consumables.

I think the stale-AFK system wouldn't really help in terms of ping issues to the server, they claimed to have "patched" AFK hurricane however if the ping to the server and clicking on another client while lagging would lock your character in hurricane anyways, it seems sort of silly to not balance it all in a 2004 mushroom game.