1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted Change drop rates to Drk Roar skill

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by TORONTOTOKYO, May 12, 2023.

do u think roar should be nerfed?

1. Hell yeah

31 vote(s)
    40.3%
  2. Nah

46 vote(s)
    59.7%
  1. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    7:01 AM
    I will like to suggest the drop rates for drk roar skills to be nerfed for the sake of the economy. Currently, Drk roar is used akin to mage ultis pre drop rate nerf. More drk roar mules are appearing in the server and such a practice is akin to multi-mage.

Currently, Drk roar mules are used to farm master chronos and drakes for helmet dex and int 60% respectively. The setup is highly scalable due to stance.

Actual Drks who actually play the class wont get affected as much. An actual Drk does not use roar to finish off high lvl mobs/

Last edited: May 12, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 15
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Was there an explicit mage ult drop rate nerf or is it empirical evidence? It certainly does feel lower. If that is the case it would be indeed weird for other full map attacks to be treated differently.

3. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    6:01 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    rawr x3

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. V220

V220 Chronos

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    SoLucky
    Bishop
    Oh, do mage ultis have lower drop rate of scrolls w.r.t. DK roar? If that is not the case then the next trend would maybe be 120Bishop with full luk + avoidance and enough Int for 1hit?

Also, what do you mean by „for the sake of the economy“? It sounds quite dramatic for 2 scrolls that are not even that game-changing and are imo currently overpriced. It is not like DK farm is heavily injecting raw mesos in the game like Gobbies back in the day and if anything, it makes these scrolls more accessible for others to buy. Additionally, there are tons of other scrolls that are „not worth“ to be farmed with DKs, but are decent for other classes to farm. These are unpopular right now given the high price of the aforementioned scrolls, but maybe these scrolls shouldn’t even be worth that much in the first place as right now… Imo, the market should (and will) just adapt and that’s it. Instead of i.e. HelmDex60% and HelmDex70% being both very expensive, it will be kinda like GFA60% and GFA70%. And even GFA have a greater impact in the economy given that scrolled gloves can cost a lot, whereas helm scrolls are only for personal use (untradeable equips).

Btw, I do DK farm and my opinion is for sure biased, however I really think my points risen are valid :]

Last edited: May 12, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    1:01 AM
    Flamous
    Bishop
    How will I then be able to follow the most consistent journal in forums???

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Cornwall

Cornwall Master Chronos

Dec 11, 2020
    Male
    7:01 PM
    Cornsair
    Corsair
    Pasta
    This. Upvote. Retweet.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. SYLegend

SYLegend Dark Stone Golem

Mar 6, 2015
    Male
    As an actual Drk thats wrong. Maybe nerf NL or something before you further nerf class thats already underpowered.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. SYLegend

SYLegend Dark Stone Golem

Mar 6, 2015
    Male
    This. This is correct.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Carousel

Carousel Slime

Nov 27, 2021
    Kyou
    As another DrK, you being a Drk means jack shit here. You didn't provide any information other than "i identify as this and im offended".

Not to knock on dude, but Fartsy literally documents his roar spam and gacha obtaining rates *often*. https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/postmodern-dark-knight-guide.48859/
    It's even on the forums. NL is a class that can excel at DPS, DrK's current roar spam is a joke for full map clearing. Balance changes were even made to prevent beginner roar mules from being abused further.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  10. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    4:01 PM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Strange, it appears that the scrolls mentioned are near their historic highs for prices, while certain gachapon goods continue to float at insane rates because of inflation and a lack of any sort of farming. One could actually say that regressive nerfs to farming will only make the economy worse off as prices continue to climb and make the nearest competitive server look reasonable for the number of hours it takes to farm a WS/CS, even though years ago it looked wacky and overinflated.

DKs aren't the problem, it's the fact that it's nearly pointless to kill anything on any class besides a mage that's the problem. DKs finally found a niche in the market due to hyperinflation of gachapon goods and taking that away is simply burying your head in the sand and pretending that mages aren't going to print more mesos than they do goods for the free market.

I'd rather see gachapon tickets have an increased drop rate for non-farming classes, at least that acts as a deflationary measure. When goods are priced low DK farms stop working

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Flamous
    Bishop
    Roar-farms: Increases previously underfarmed scrolls which were hoarded and gatekept from common maplers. Does not increase inflation due to not generating large amounts of mesos.

With our current server population and amounts of mesos generated over the years, hyperinflation is due. Roar-farms actually help buffer this due to the amount of items generated compared to meso both scroll drops and via gacha. Just focus on scrolls/activities that cannot be farmed with roar farms if you want to earn money, since they will increase in price. NX-drops might have to be looked into, since its aging the server. Mage farms got to go tho.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Nerf everything until every content/strategy EV matches that of PQing.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Many mage farming strategies being nerfed paired with Pcoins incentivizing new players to head straight to bossing rather than traditional farming has had an amusing effect on the economy in terms of scroll prices, PoT prices, etc

A lot of less aware players are blind to the lack of goods that normally come from farming strategies. Much easier to blame uh… checks notes

…market manipulation?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Are we back to NerfLegends? What do you mean by for the sake of the economy?

If you nerf their drop rate, the price is going to go up even further because the reduce supply.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    The issue is not the idea of mob farming, in fact farming is a necessity to cycle meso back into the market. It is and has always been the power of the full map attack, independent of which class casts it. Roar is at least limited to lower level mobs due to its damage lines, but it still presents the same issues as mage ult as there's still farming options due low level mob drop tables and ability for any mob to drop high value items via gachapon.

Full map attack is like the NL of bossing. Afk-like gameplay promotes multiclient. We can keep circling around nerfing farming (nerfing map spawns, drop tables, casting limits, the list goes on), but I was under the impression the server actually cares about "implement(ing) changes that properly reward active gameplay over AFK gameplay, such as muling" (Nise, 2022). Unless Time Leap was the last thing mulable in this game. annoyedmush

We need the source benefits farming provides, but farming simply cannot be balanced while the current form of full map attack exists. And dk has joined Big Mage in the chokehold it has on non-boss content.

References
    Nise. (2022, November 7). In recent patches, we have tried to implement changes that properly rewarded active gameplay over AFK gameplay, such as muling. [Comment on the online forum post General Patch Notes: November 7th, 2022.] Forum.Maplelegends. https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/general-patch-notes-november-7th-2022.47872/

• Useful Useful x 4
  16. Edann

Edann Slimy Retired Staff

Oct 24, 2020
    2:01 AM
    Edann
    I/L Arch Mage
    Pasta
    What if we nerf beginner mages instead

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    8:01 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    After burning down all the stuffs, what would be remained.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Nadav1

Nadav1 King Slime

May 18, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    You can AFK farming with 4 chars meanwhile sell leech or boss , and on top of that you get much better drop rates than mage ulti with less cost . I wonder how can this be broken.
    as usual the abusers try to convince us its good for the economy

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  19. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta

didn't want to wade in this debate but anything new and transformative will increase inequality. it's unfortunate people in the trailing edge wish to paint this as an us vs them argument.

i've been in favor for nerfs as long as my guide has been alive.

20. Nadav1

Nadav1 King Slime

May 18, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    I was talking about V220 bad take.

You are one of the guys that said its broken even in your own thread, my post was not aimed at you.
    at least you are honest enough to say things are unbalanced unlike other players that are benefit from it .

• Friendly Friendly x 3