1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted Change drop rates to Drk Roar skill

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by TORONTOTOKYO, May 12, 2023.

do u think roar should be nerfed?

1. Hell yeah

31 vote(s)
    40.3%
  2. Nah

46 vote(s)
    59.7%
  1. philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    7:39 AM
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk
    1,2 and many. You can still go to ML1 or ML4 in ToT if you want its just more effort its just that other maps are easier or more profitable to be in and Staff doesn't deal with the actual issue

2. OP
    OP
    TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    1:39 PM
    its just harder to scale with a ML1/4 setup. limiting profits to around 20~40m/hr.
    an important point about multi mage/drk is the scaleability, the ability to add in more clients.
    Pre-nerf, multimages could go up to 8, or 10 mage clients. Post-nerfs (5 cast limitation, and changes to platforms) meant the difficulty to maintain 8~10 clients is harder.

3. TermiteLover

TermiteLover Brown Teddy

Nov 8, 2021
    5:39 PM
    Guildless
    about a week after the patch that nerfs DK farming

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    6:39 AM
    I guess here are the cues for me to speak on something. Though I should have a disclaimer that anything I say is my own personal opinion, and not a representative opinion of staff.

Anyway, some players have already pointed out that DrK roar farming doesn't produce much meso and as such the income is mostly from scrolls and gacha. This is the key difference from multi-mage farming.

With increasing supply of scrolls, the market should expect to see a drop in scrolls prices, which will benefit interested parties, I suspect mid gamers somewhere in the range of level 100 to 170. Generally speaking, this should be a benefit since pre-ws scrolled gear will be more accessible.

However, one big similarity of multi-drk and multi-mage is the scalability of the strategy given how simple it is. A farming strategy that can vastly outnumber any other farming methods with ease will vastly reduces the meaning of those other methods. We are playing a nostalgic social game, and I can't say for everyone, but I don't wish to see a maple server where it is so progressive in its farming method that my choice of income methods are only meaningful with degenerate multi-clienting ways. While Maple is a game of exploration, personally, I just don't see this strategy to be justifiable in its scalable form even though it has its own benefits.

Side note, I do appreciate the few suggestions being made here and will be discussing them with the rest of the team to see if a change is needed and what approach is preferred.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    7:39 AM
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk
    If you get hit it just resets the cast time and if you dont ulti it doesn’t matter you can just hold left-right key down and hold meteorshower down so all clients move a ministep to the left the time monsters spawn.
    Where are theese numbers from when you say its between 20-40m/hr seems a bit random

people do ulu1+lab research with mages and lab research with deep sea george II with mages they can leech their attacker get exp on mages attacker and meso gach and scrolls.

But dks doesn’t even get meso the exp is horrible, but they get some gach and scrolls. I think maybe the attention should go to the best class in the game mages. Dks struggle enough already

Last edited: May 17, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. CauTion

CauTion Master Chronos

Nov 5, 2019
    Israel
    8:39 AM
    Thief
    Siege
    I wonder if the ppl that vote here saw fartsy treat
    DK roar is totally fine , until it come to low hp DK.
    that strategy have to be counter to use .
    it fine to farm ,until u broke the game .
    I wonder if a way to make a bish that gen with oranges was welcome as the way this one is
    I always encourage to play the game instead afk no brain farm
    but still in those days even perf gear player at bosses will make less then a low lvl mage that
    Consistency sell leech and maybe it will never change but 5-6 leech at the same time 4 low hp dks roar all the map and got massive drops while doing that ,and all of that is afk with no interference at any point for hours jeeeez not broken at all .

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    12:39 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    i agree with the spirit of the post, details arent accurate however

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. CauTion

CauTion Master Chronos

Nov 5, 2019
    Israel
    8:39 AM
    Thief
    Siege
    my main point is the game need to to be played and be interference with and be more rewarded by party play like bosses and so and not be rewarded by some afk mining mules strategies that based on weak points ..
    we saw this in many times before in many various forms so I really think its need a asap respond like stuff did in those times I mentioned

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    I can assure you, my farming is much less afk than your bossing and my strategies are more risky from inception to fruition. There is a level of risk unappreciated by those who delve only in tried and true methods.

• Agree Agree x 8
  10. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    2:39 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    btw, I don't know how viable this would be, but a dk with the minimum level to have a maximum roar level can get very low minimum hp (as well as the minimum mp there is a formula for the minimum hp)

as I said, I don't know how viable it is, but on paper at least it seems to be a very broken thing

11. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    not really possible anymore; new DKs (assume no nerf and all that) should just use honsters and get 30k hp. A lot of what fueled beginner DK is the low hp/level and integrating it over as many levels as possible.

12. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    2:39 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    oh, I thought the nerf wasn't valid for after you got the job, really a good job then

13. OP
    OP
    TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
  14. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    10:39 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    How about remove all drop rate nerfs? DKs and mages have nothing going for them if they can't farm. What is the goal of this anyway? Completely remove farmed items from the economy? Incentivize players to farm on NLs?

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    11:39 PM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    ahh yes. good little shot you took. not all of us have hours everyday to sit with 4 different mages booming a map to generate our meso, some of us actually work.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    u know even when ur irl working ur kinda selling something to buy something else and even then there’s things out of reach, right? there’s actually nothing stopping you from dragging your attacker to master chronos to farm helm dex.

ps i want a yacht too

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    That's fine if you're busy IRL, but you should adjust your goals accordingly. Currently I do not have time to multimage or sell leech for long hours, and therefore am not trying to buy anything expensive like perfect weapons. I think it's okay to have lower goals when you have lower hours to commit to the game.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  18. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    The main point is whether to Multi Client Farm or Not. Xiaoyaoz already stated that the Meso/Item generation of DK Roar is OKAY.

upload_2023-5-30_22-42-22.png

ML is a nostalgia server, and AS a nostalgia server, multi-clienting is THE WAY. Even people back in the old days used to buy multiple accounts just to farm more.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/924697-maplestory?search=mule
    upload_2023-5-30_23-13-5.png

Also, to be able to find any various FUN and NEW play styles is what ML is all about!

It's exciting to explore and do cool things that no one else, or not a lot of people has done before! That's why people play Oddjobs! or make unique farming methods using Oddjobs LOL
    • why nerf-or-nothing (destroy) a job? it's horrible to negatively balance a job till its bottom of the barrel even as an oddjob LOL
    • :cool: if DK gets trashed soo much that it becomes trash oddjob... then maybe i'll pick it up LOL

Why's everyone getting mad jealous about other people who paves the way to make the server better with cheaper equips/scrolls by farming into economic surplus?!

If it wasnt for fartsyfartsy our economy would've have Prestigious Coins that are 5m each by now! Especially with the ever decreasing COVID player population, most people are returning back to work smh.

https://owlrepo.com/items
    upload_2023-5-30_22-57-42.png
    upload_2023-5-30_22-58-2.png
    upload_2023-5-30_22-58-23.png

But he single handedly FARMED HIS BUTT OFF to flood the market with enough Equips/Scrolls/WS/CS to lower the prices, and stabilize the Prestigious Coins to only 3.5m on avg! There's even LESS player population these days too! That should've meant less farmers and less people who buy, which should've equated to higher prices over time.

Even event farming needs multiclienting to maybe get good event drops tbh :cool:
    farming_islanders.JPG

Last edited: May 31, 2023
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    while its okay, its mentioned that scaleability is high like pre-nerf multimage. u can do 4 mages/go HT/PB/farm skele/ulu + 8drks as long as your cpu and fingers can handle.

20. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Exactly why it’s okay. Scaleability makes for a better economy. Especially since dks farm less mesos and more items.

meaning that the outcome for dk farming is already not the same as mage farming. Dk farming is better for the economy too!

cant compare apple to oranges.

Also makes me wonder if the unique player id pop decrease has anything to do with any major nerfs in certain jobs, or economy related inflation issues.

again… nostalgia of maple IS also having mules and farming fyi. To discover fun new ways to get stuff to upgrade new gears or play weird characters that get more items

Last edited: May 31, 2023
    • Disagree Disagree x 1