1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted Change drop rates to Drk Roar skill

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by TORONTOTOKYO, May 12, 2023.

do u think roar should be nerfed?

1. Hell yeah

31 vote(s)
    40.3%
  2. Nah

46 vote(s)
    59.7%
  1. V220

V220 Chronos

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    6:14 AM
    SoLucky
    Bishop
    Please eleaborate on why my reply is a bad take. I am more than willing to discuss any of the points I raised (or you want to raise) and learn something out of this.

2. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    Whoops I was thinking in terms of comments section in the last few balance changes which got a bit contentious. I think V220 is correct that DK farming is deflationary or some other sister build is possible. Not sure if he leeches on the side though.

highest meso/hr comes from mage farming + dk farming or dk only farming but personally speaking, my computer is too noob hence leech+dk farm

3. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    7:14 AM
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    lol

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. Gustavosama

Gustavosama King Slime

May 12, 2020
    Male
    Hunter, Bowmaster
    I just feel like if someone wants to put all the effort into developing so many chars to multifarm and spend +10 hours a day farming like if a mushroom game was their job I don't see why that shouldn't be rewarded. People get mad at others for making profits from something they wouldn't do themselves because it would def burn the average player out... I spend 2 hours killing skeles and I need vacations, so props to the people that dedicate themselves to that just to grind a game.
    What I can see from the situation is that people just don't feel rewarded by playing more commonly, while still playing a lot of hours in the game and not getting much reward from it... hence the hate grows towards the people who can achieve these things with strategies.
    As a fix I don't propose to nerf everything that's Full map attack, I propose to increase by a good amount the drop rate of all single target attacks for any class and even multi-targeted skills that hit <= 6 mobs slightly (like i.e bowman's arrow rain, warriors AoE attacks, thief's avenger and such just to name a few).

Last edited: May 14, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    7:14 PM
  6. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    2:14 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    but drks dont generate as much raw meso as a singular mage does :thinking:

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. TermiteLover

TermiteLover Brown Teddy

Nov 8, 2021
    11:14 PM
    Guildless
    From my own experience, and speaking to others, DK farming generates very little mesos, only just going positive. You mostly farm for scrolls and gachas.

Although over-powered, it feels weird nerfing farming classes / metas, when the chars used arent really sort after for bossing. Some excel at bossing, some at farming, and by limiting or removing the viability of easy farming, you just turn the game into NL simulator

Last edited: May 16, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  8. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    If roar gets nerfed it's likely current farmers will just move to the next thing. Gach in its current form has to be changed and BT should take a hard look at some of their past changes. We're all incentive driven anyway. Maybe we'll have another state of the economy thread except instead of inflation, a muse on deflation.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    Hiyo
    Camper
    Agree 100% with this, IMO WS+CS in gachapon is the main reason DK farming is OP to begin with. If you can remove WS+CS and substitute that void with an unobtainable item like PAC/PGC. You can also buff bossing heavily as it can (probably should be) a primary way to gain coins. As long as WS+CS are in gach, farming will forever overpower bossing in "coin production."

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    hey we produce ws+cs in such quantity we skip taxes too

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    7:14 PM
    what's the next thing tho?
    sair genesis has a CD so no
    mass shad b-step maybe?
    buccs no, cant farm.
    heroes no, shout has small aoe.
    pallies no, hammer has a cd and needs to be finished with a FMA.
    archers? no stance, no avoid, might be good at same maps which they cannot be knocked off.
    NLs? no.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    we'll see next patch!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    1:14 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    A 5 sec cooldown won't stop you from farming if respawns happen every 10 seconds.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    No matter how "OP" any of these farming methods are, are they really all that unhealthy? At the end of the day, the market is in such spot that a singular person with a few millions can easily buy out any singular scroll and "monopolize" their sale. If we actually nerfed the production of gachas significantly maybe the term monopoly would be further and further away from being an exageration.

I'm not saying that keeping the current DK roar is perfectly fine or balanced yet there's a chance that the nerf of them or full map attacks in general without any compensatory measure would make the market easier to manipulate which could be a disaster given any person had the intent.

This part i can't say im certain about but to me it feels as the server ages and the influx of new players plateaus, there is less and less players actively farming mobs and more players mostly relying on bossing income. This leads to the select few who actually enjoy multiclient farming and whatnot supplying a big chunk of the scrolls and other gacha related items. How do you guys think the game would look without these players or efficient methods that they consider worthy of their time?

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. V220

V220 Chronos

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    SoLucky
    Bishop
    Don‘t underestimate the power of creativity and level of tryhardness of some people here to find the next big thing ;) something will replace this farm strat if roar just get’s singularly nerfed... It would just be a band-aid solution.

All you need to do is find a small edge in a farm strat and multiclient opens the door to degeneracy. I already started leveling new chars and cooking some theories in case we get a band-aid nerf and, if we just nerf roar and get „quick fixes“, nothing will really change in the long run and it will be everytime harder to find a solution that doesn’t affect more casual gameplay.

16. Tommygunner

Tommygunner Mixed Golem

Oct 29, 2020
    I dont understand, so some people are saying roar shouldn't be nerfed because it's good for the economy, yet also saying if roar is nerfed people are just gonna move on to the next big thing anyways so nothing's going to change? Also roar farming doesnt produce meso but it produces coins so it potentially causes inflation just as much as mage farming do.

I mean, I personally dont think roar drop rate should be nerfed, it should just have minimum hp requirement or whatever

Edit:instead of min hp requirement maybe roar dmg should depend on hp spent? Maybe that's more interesting. I dont think nerfing drop rate is the way to go tho. Roar farming shouldnt become obsolete

17. philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    1:14 PM
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk
    Kinda extreme to nerf roar because of two handfuls of Dk farmers farming Similar to mage farming imo

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Nadav1

Nadav1 King Slime

May 18, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    DK roar drop rate are x4 better than mage ulti its unbalanced no matter how you look at it.

There are alot of dk farmers and there is a good reason why multimage was nerfed like TOT case.

its true dk farming does not produce raw mesos but the gacha plus the the good scrolls like helmet dex/int and so on make it very profitable
    I think the average income from 4dks at MC is about 45mil-55mil (depends on the rates of your gacha if its 2mil each or 2.5m each) and luck on scrolls.) I'm sure fartsy can give more reliable stats if he wanted to.
    Now on top of that you can do more stuffs meanwhile because 4dks are basically afk clicking. you can do certain bosses to get coins(bosses are bad anyway lol), sell ulu leech about 20mil per hour or 5-6 leech with 2 mage that generate 30-40m per hour.
    You end up with a set up that can generate 70mil + per hour. which is better than average of PB kill which is once a weak participation.
    now its not about playing 10 hours or 2 hours the fact that you can have such insane profits with this easy set up is ridiculous.
    If it wasn't so broken you all wouldn't use it.

Anyway my main concern is not DK farming . it will eventually will be nerfed.
    the real problem is Balance team not making fast decisions to make the economy healthier.
    It took almost 2 years ? maybe more to multi mage TOT get nerfed after being vastly abused and certain players made huge profits.
    so even after DK farming will be nerfed there will be something new and the BT will take another long time to nerf it.
    I don't see any BT members expressing their thoughts on economy matters which make me think they don't even care.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    I wanted to clarify i was not making an argument to whether i think it's balanced or not. I'm merely highlighting that given any change to the gacha production rate should be coupled with new sources of scrolls because it could otherwise be quite problematic. If you owl any of the imporant scrolls you can verify my claim and the amount of meso required to buy them out is usually not too high. Maybe it would be a fair assumption to say that the current state of legends has an overreliance of gachapons to supply the needs of a big chunk of important items.

I do agree that the balance team should be more vocal about their thoughts on forum since it's overall positive that the good ideas are acknowledged and expanded upon . It gives a sense of hope since we are atleast led to believe that all these player driven discussion threads serve any purpose at all but that's a completely different issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    4:14 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Multishad pickpocket gach farming meta when