1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted Change drop rates to Drk Roar skill

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by TORONTOTOKYO, May 12, 2023.

do u think roar should be nerfed?

1. Hell yeah

31 vote(s)
    40.3%
  2. Nah

46 vote(s)
    59.7%
  1. CauTion

CauTion Master Chronos

Nov 5, 2019
    Israel
    4:54 PM
    Thief
    Siege
    3k~4k coins in 3 month strategy is great for economy lets make it same worth for daily apqs as well

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    6:54 AM
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Skill Issue.

Why hate on strategy when people can play their own ML character while improving the economy by making everything cheaper like it once was when ML first started?

DK roar helps people by making the equips/items/scrolls cheaper.

Having more coin does improve economy, by making it so that WS/CS becomes cheaper in meso pricing too.

An influx of prestigious coins = lower meso prices of prestigious coins = cheaper WS/CS overall, which is WHAT PEOPLE WANT lol

upload_2023-5-31_9-52-56.png

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    8:54 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    actually none of it directly hits the market. At most I shift more share of production toward dk so i effectively buy less from the market

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    NOICE LOL

no harm no foul OnionPerfect

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    9:54 PM
    less mesos and more items, doesnt mean you or me are right. more gach spawns more items, and hence more mesos. we can go on and on about which is more but only staff has the numbers to determine the effects.

as for stance, it will depend if staff sees this as part of multi-maging or not, as per previous patch nerf. once again, only staff has the numbers to do the comparison to determine whether this is akin to the effects of multi-maging pre nerf.

feel free to ping me if u need advanced help with calculations. i do that for a living.

6. OP
    OP
    TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    9:54 PM
    this is not true as well. anecdoctally, demand for coin has increased while supply hasnt kept up. WS/CS prices are sticky in nature and will not go down. however, the coin drops from bosses ensure that the new/casual players do not lag entirely far behind when coin prices increase. If anything, it has a corrective nature.

7. CauTion

CauTion Master Chronos

Nov 5, 2019
    Israel
    4:54 PM
    Thief
    Siege
    everything was cheap cus the game was easier with broken strategies that got fixed as selling 5-6 fully afk with safe spots or using I\L after the nerf for more afk time while freeze the mobs , HH mules that allow ppl end nice timers of 3-4 man HT if u think 1-2 man can change the economy I find it kinda funny , if we sick for make things cheaper can buff other things then make 1 person make so much coins that u actually thinks it change the economy even that thought sound broken

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  8. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    I need advanced help with calculations, for what the truth is. please.
    • I know there's a knee-jerk reaction to hate farming, and how other people play ML, so other than having that bias, it'd be really cool to see some calculations.
    That's a lot of class nerfing. Constant nerfing and LOWERING QoL isn't something to take lightly.
    • Need to check to see if the Population Lowers by significantly after each Nerf update... or if it's truly just Covid-Population related.

Broken strategies? 1-2 man? That needs further data assessment if it actually has an impact on the economy if at all.

It's a good strategy, and meta-chasing is totally fine by all means of playing how people want to play. Given that there are other methods to utilize, and not to be min-maxed.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  9. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    This is sort of not true/not realistic. My main is a mage at level 150+ and my cheapest upgrade is MW20 which is already quite expensive. After that I have some pricey upgrades like getting an endgame wand. There's no real endgame questline or PQ for me to shoot for (or boss, really). Grinding for XP sort of sucks too because I can't even freeze the Shaolin mobs and most people seem uninterested in party grinding. HP challenges don't really give me anything good either. What exactly should I set my goals to, realistically, as a casual player? I get why people are frustrated. The endgame for certain classes is so one-dimensional that it feels like you're pushed to multiclient farming.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    think about how much harder it is for nonmage classes who can’t benefit from mobbing and whose cheapest upgrade isn’t mw20

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Daydreamer

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Yeah, exactly. It feels like once you're well into 4th job you inevitably reach a point where you need to multiclient. I think the main issue is the massive content drought after level 100 or so. Before that there are quests, party quests, loads of different areas to explore, and so on. Then you get to 4th job and it's like oh, maybe do your daily bosses if you can get into a group and then fuck off to Ulu2 or Shaolin and spend a few hours hitting 1 button. If your class can even farm efficiently.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    9:54 AM
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Honestly if your main is a mage you're kind of resigning yourself to a life of selling leech and grinding, in which case there isn't really anything to work towards because either you 1-hit whatever you're farming, or you go farm something else. I would actually go so far as to say the endgame for ALL classes is one-dimensional; old school Maple hardly has much depth to it.

I can't really tell you what to set your goals to, because everyone has different things they care about. If you care about EXP, your goal should be whatever your next level is. If you care about gear, your goal should be maybe 1 more wa/tma on gloves/cape/weapon, or 1 more stat on earrings/shoes, or one more set of cards for MB ring. Your goal could be levelling another character. Your goals should be whatever you desire to achieve that is realistically within your means.

I don't think I can really tell you specifically what you should be working on, but if you feel like there's nothing worth working on, then I can guarantee you that feeling won't go away with anything the balance team can possibly do. Old school MMORPGs are, at their core, a grind fest. Some people find that enjoyable and some people don't, but putting in more hours = more progress and that's pretty much how it's always going to be no matter what balance changes we get. There will always be people putting in degen hours pricing everyone else out of items they want, regardless of what farming strategy is meta.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    9:54 AM
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    You dont need a degree to realize that earning 10,000+ Gachapon tickets in less than 90 days is unhealthy and ages the server.

This is is the same reason you'll never see farmable AP Resets ever again.

15. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    10:54 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I believe that every casual player and/or that has little time to play has to learn a little from spencil2spencil2 (I include myself in that)

16. SharpestEdge

SharpestEdge Slime

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    SharpestEdge, Celaeno, Adrastos
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Reading this thread inspires me to go play my Osslock character so i can cope and pretend everything is ok in ML

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  17. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    In ML everything is cumulative, so any characters you level, items you get, or the like adds up over time. Multiclient is just a means to catch up, but if adopted by everyone, it becomes required to keep up. The same applies to multimage, leech, etc. Back when we started in 2017, MW20 (your cheapest upgrade) used to be for those in endgame only but when things are made easier, it just shifts what's considered "endgame" further down the curve.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Daydreamer

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Well compare this to 3rd job: yeah, if you have the means and desire to do so, the best path through 3rd job is to leech at WR, CDs, Ulu2, etc. or at least multi client HS. But if you don't want to or can't do that you have a lot of options. You can go to any number of grinding spots, like Gallos, Himes, CDs, WR, Wolfspider, etc. You can quest, there are some good quest chains at that level like Shaolin quests. Maybe try some tougher (but rewarding) grind spots like FoT or Ludi. Maybe do something cheeky like hunt HH, I did a lot of HH hunting in 3rd job on a variety of classes and its fantastic XP if you can hunt them down quickly. You could even try fighting some bosses like Papulatus or Latanica for very good XP at those levels Then of course you've got MPQ and PPQ. 3rd job is relatively lacking in content compared to 2nd job as well.

Then you get to level 130 or so and realize that your options all the way to 200 are Ulu, Shaolin, and ToT. A whole three areas from 130 to 200, and the amount of time you will spend there is generally longer than 1-120. Of course you can do some off-meta type of maps like Goby, Ninto, Shaolin Temple Square, Gigantic Spirit Viking. But it's not a lot and these maps kinda suck. The only PQ available is CWKPQ and a lot of classes don't get taken to that. There's a few important quest lines but not nearly as much as level 10-100. Then there is bossing but that has a daily limit and for the truly endgame bosses you need to be HP washed and have good equips on top of levels. It's easy to say "set your own goals" but there is really not so much content for people to even aim for. It feels like all content sort of drops off and players are funneled towards gearing up for PB. It's good that there are these big goals for people ie making perfect weapon, clearing PB weekly, 3 hit 5-6f, etc. but it's obvious why people feel that they have to no life the game to get anything done in 4th job. This isn't the same as other oldschool MMOs or even other MS servers.

Btw, I'm fine with mainly grinding. But for God's sake the options for efficiently grinding should not just be Ulu2, Petris, 5-6f, Skeles, and ToT. Having some sort of progression would go a long way in making people not feel that they have to rush through endgame with a hyper optimized setup.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    That comes down to personal preference. If you only want to main a mage and the only content you want to run is PB, then yeah there's probably not much to do. It might be worth asking yourself if that's all you want out of this game, I think.

If I'm using myself as an example, I don't farm atm or sell leech. All of my income is from boss runs. I'm currently working on levelling a Bucc. I don't have grand goals for it; it will never have a perfect weapon or a T10 MB ring. Hell, it only has 8 wa gloves and a 17 dex cape currently. But I still have goals for it nonetheless, like currently I'm just trying to get it to 173 so it can run Core Blaze.

If you only want perfect weapons and to just run PB, but you aren't able to commit long hours towards grinding, I think you're going to have a pretty bad time here. There's other things to do in the game, albeit limited options, but if none of those appeal to you, the issue might not be with the game state, but with your own personal tastes, and I'd imagine you would have more fun in a different game more suited to the experience you are after.

20. Daydreamer

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Ok, I got carried away there, but to get back on topic, I think Gachapon is the root of most of these problems. The change that made Gachapon drops from mobs was immensely damaging to the server. For its time it was great because it removed a really dumb vote 2 win mechanic. How it was implement created a ton of issues though. Every mob drops gacha tickets that all pull from the same pool and these gacha tickets are far more reliable drops than scrolls and equips from mobs. This means that the most efficient way to farm becomes a matter of how many mobs you can kill per minute. Any mobs will do. There is really no reason to farm shit like Dark Drakes when you can hammer away at crap like Ulu or even DF/BL5. I really think the amount of scrolls in particular from gacha tickets should be severely cut back and rare gacha tickets should be entirely removed from the drop table of popular grinding spots. There is absolutely no reason why anyone should essentially be able to farm platinum coins at Ulu for example.

• Agree Agree x 1