1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Clarification on Mapowner Mechanics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aelyssia, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    9:54 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Just lower crows level like did on alishar. Easiest solution.

Problem : this requires client patch, same with event hat OCD matter.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    5:54 PM
    It most likely happens when an ability is used and before the animation actually hits the trade is accepted or something in the lines of this and mapowner gets wonky.

This has only happened two or three times when I've bought leech in ULU 2 and Skele.

3. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    8:54 PM
    DMsRebirth
    Luckily, I think himes is the only map out there that's both popular and have a higher level miniboss, so that map in particularly can be "fixed" by lowering Black Crow's level to 100, which would make killing himes able to grab mapowner as well. The only gameplay consequence is that it would be easier for characters below level 115 to hit and damage black crow, but basically no one but Liny and me are crazy enough to try killing bosses at ridiculously low levels anyways (and I don't have a character that's that low leveled at the moment).

4. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Could also just increase its avoid if the level is lowered.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    6:39 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Warriors who previously could kill crow without any difficulty may start missing a lot. Lowering its level is good enough. I doubt it will become viable for leeching like Bigfoot so no worries there.

6. PandaOnPanda

PandaOnPanda Timer

Jun 29, 2019
    PandaOn___
    Paladin, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    Homies
    Maybe a dungeon map for just himes could be created? Leave the original map/boss the same but just create a dungeon entrance in the map for those looking to just grind himes

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    And anego, which is actually the bigger problem. If they lower the mapowner level there, you can just create 8 dark sight mules and camp all the channels easily.

8. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    No one actually trains in Parlor, so that's fine.

9. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    This is a cool idea, but I feel like if the maps are similar then lower level players will still end up grinding in the original map, since the spawn is still good and it's still a decent training spot.

I guess it boils down to, if you were a CB and Priest duo looking to grind and all the mini dungeons are full, then would you still grind in the Crow map because there was no other choice, even if you couldn't hold map owner? Or would you just wait for a mini dungeon to free up? :thinking_emoji:

10. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    8:54 AM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    I remember back then in MapleaSEA, mini dungeons are instanced, as in many people can go in the same channel but they are at different instance of the map, only party members get teleported to the same map when the party leader enters.

11. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    Yeah I remember this too in GMS, but it can get buggy and others can enter thats not in your party..

12. Tango

Tango Horny Mushroom

Feb 27, 2018
    Male
    6:54 PM
    Chronicles
    Paladin
    A couple ideas I can suggest is to either add multiple instanced maps in the same channels (maybe up to 3, so 24 in total), or make such instanced maps a type of "daily event" players can do, similar to boss runs (e.g. a 1-2 hour timer before getting kicked out, can enter only once/twice a day) since players may only train roughly between 1-4 hours consistently.