1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Cwispy's Scuffed Meso Journal (Inspired by Akashsky)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rohan Varma, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Rohan Varma

Rohan Varma Mano

May 20, 2020
    Male
    10:46 AM
    cwispy
    Bandit, Shadower
    Konoha
    Hi friends :) My main, cwispy, is a shadower. I really love shadowers and I can grind like the best of them at 7f, but making mesos is definitely the weakest part of my game right now. The most mesos I’ve ever had is 500m, which I saved up to by my dagger.

My current approach to making mesos is by selling leech on my bishop at skele or by praying with 7f gacha. At best I’m making 10m/hour if I get lucky with drops and gacha. With my current approach I can’t see myself ever making the billions of mesos I’d love to have to get great end game equips etc.

What this journal will be

This journal will document me getting set up to farm mesos, and then me farming mesos, using a method I saw Akash doing in his meso journal. I thought it was pretty dope that he is able to make 40-50m an hour just through killing without having to rely on buyers or too much RNG. Obviously his method has quite a bit of setup cost, but I think over the long run it probably will be better per hour even if I take the setup into account.

Let’s say I do money-making for 300 hours over the next year. If I just live my best life at Skeles I’d maybe make 3 bil (and be very sad). With the Akash method, 3 bil would take (if we assume 40m/hr) 75 hours. So I just need to make my 5 mages in 225 hours and I break even. I have no idea if that is feasible at all but if I go to even longer time horizons beyond 300 hours it definitely makes sense.

I thought it might be interesting to make this journal to document the process and also keep myself accountable to something to add some artificial motivation. Also, I’m always curious what it actually takes to setup advanced money makers that I see pro players doing so I figured this might be interested to others.

Goal: Profit $$$
    Requirements: 6 mages level 13x+ for meso farming
    Starting material: lvl 140 bishop (marvalo) & lvl 162 shadower (cwispy) & 100m

Day #1 (today)

Character Creation!

Created 5 new characters to be my farming mages! cwispyAIR, cwispyFIRE, cwispyWATER, cwispyEARTH, and cwispyICE. I started out inspired by Avatar the Last Airbender theming and then realized I ran out of elements so just picked ICE.

I am not sure what mage classes they will all be yet. I will make at least one F/P and one I/L for fun. Any thoughts on what the rest should be?

Levels 1-10!

1_victoria_islang.png

I got each character to level 10 to start doing HPQ. I tried making fame mules once so I generally know the efficient way to get around maple island (cc to teleport, Mai quests, etc). However, doing it all as a mage was a biiiig pain since I couldn’t kill anything.

It turns out Three snails is POG. All in all I took about 25 minutes per character to get to lvl 10 and do the job advance. Levels 9 and 10 were quick by doing the magician job training quests.

Levels 10-20!

3_HPQ_bunny.png

HPQ is OP for low level leech :O. I was able to get the clear time to about 3-4 minutes max. It took about an hour to get all of my chars from 10-20 which is awesome! Pro tip: shads < bishops at solo-ing HPQ :c

Levels 20-30!

5_genin_rope_lvl_30.png

Now I figured I could start leeching. I went and tested EPH at genins (in the ninja castle) and got about 180k exp/hr for 5 way split leech (lvl 120 leecher) which felt pretty OP o.o. Im pretty sure 2 person split leech is not too much more than that.

4_genin_eph.png

Instead of grinding this out, I bought 2 hours of leech for 12m (got me to lvl 29) and then self-leeched to level 30! Shoutout to ElCura for the leech here :D

Stats
    Time spent: 5 hours
    Mesos spent: 13m
    Total levels gained: 145 (+145 since last entry)

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I'm glad to see new journals like this! Hopefully it won't end up like FeeedFeeed 's journal.

1 recommendation I have is to make at least 4 of your archmages the same element. This will give you the option to potentially farm some extra maps in temple of time (like the ice or fire maps). Also, potion costs will be very high for archmages with elemental amplification, so make sure to mp wash as much as you can.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Rohan Varma

Rohan Varma Mano

May 20, 2020
    Male
    cwispy
    Bandit, Shadower
    Konoha
    I shall do my best :D I am excited for the challenge haha. And ok that is great to know about making at least 3 of them the same.

One quick question - what level would you expect the archmages to need to be to 1 hit the temple of time maps good for farming? Assuming equips are standard and nothing too great.

4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    You should be good for memory lane 1 as soon as they hit level 130 and max their ultimate / can use a lv 130 wand. For the ice maps, your fire mages would need a bit more, you can probably start the monks ~lv 140, and the for the fire maps, the ice mages need a lot of magic (like 1300+).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    1:46 PM
    Feeed
    Corsair
    I've got plans for 30-35, just less time for the side project with new job + pandemic being semi over. New entry soonish :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    4:46 AM
    Dralith
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Tick tock, time is against you. Nerfs are inevitable. Hope you can at least break even before then

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    6:46 PM
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    new meta strats always emerge, having multiple 4th job mages is as history teaches us, the most surefire way you can be at the forefront of new meta farming opportunities.

8. OP
    OP
    Rohan Varma

Rohan Varma Mano

May 20, 2020
    Male
    cwispy
    Bandit, Shadower
    Konoha
    I am nothing if not a historian of the game

But yea I’m hoping that it’ll be useful no matter what

9. OP
    OP
    Rohan Varma

Rohan Varma Mano

May 20, 2020
    Male
    cwispy
    Bandit, Shadower
    Konoha
    Day #2

Job Advancement!

2_1_job_adv.png

I advanced all of the mages to 2nd job! I decided to make 4 F/P mages and 1 I/L. I'm hoping that the 4 F/P will be able to level very quickly through 3rd job with minimal leeching using the point mist training. I don't think I have the endurance or funds to self-leech/buy leech for all of these characters through 140 so the mist training will be key.

Oddly I got 2 gacha killing the horny mushrooms and evil eye for the 2nd job advancement :eek: job advancement mule = sneaky money-maker?

2nd job grind begins

I moved all of the characters to the kerning subways to begin the ascent to 70. I am getting about 230k exp/hour per character with 5-way leech at jr. wraiths. I self-leeched to 31 and then bought 2 hours from Laveau to get to 34!

I've started to think about efficiency in terms of net total EXP per hour. For example, at Jr. wraiths I am getting 1.15m exp/hour across all 5 characters. I would grind solo on one of the characters if I could get more than 1.15m exp/hour. Honestly, I would grind on that character solo even if I was within 80% of the total leech exp since I think leeching is the worst and I love playing low level characters haha. I just don't think playing the same mage 5 times would be fun unless it was extremely quick.

Stats
    Time spent: 3 hours
    Total Mesos spent: 23m (-10m)
    Mages levels: 34 (+4)

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Rohan Varma

Rohan Varma Mano

May 20, 2020
    Male
    cwispy
    Bandit, Shadower
    Konoha
    Day #4 - Is low-level leech all wrong??

I spent a few more hours at jr. wraiths today self-leeching and got from 34 to 36 and the mages. I did some experimenting with the experience per hour I was getting and am a bit confused with how low-level leech is being bought/sold.

I did 2 epm tests:

One with my bishop (lvl 140) and 5 leechers (all level 35):
    Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 5.41.27 PM.png

The other with my bishop and just 2 leechers (lvl 35):
    Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 5.54.02 PM.png

With 5-way split leech I am getting 85% of the EXP per character that I would be getting with 2-way split leech.

What I find odd is that when I buy 5-way split leech for these characters, people are happy to give it to me for 5m/hour because the assumed value of 1 hour of a low level leechers time is 5m/hour.

This means that low level leech should theoretically move into one of two directions:
    1. Buyers only buy in groups of 5 and pay 1m/hour each. In this approach, each EXP costs you 3.8 mesos compared to 8 mesos/EXP for 2-way split leech.
    2. Sellers should be charging more and only selling to groups of 5. If they match the same mesos/EXP of 2-way leech for 5-way, they could charge each person 2m/hour and it would be the same efficiency for the buyers as doing 2-way split. However, the seller is then making 10m/hour rather than just 5m/hour.

I assume some of this becomes less reasonable when the difference in levels between the buyers is larger. However, this is also true of 2-way split leech. I am not sure how the efficiency of 5-way changes with different meta leeching maps as I level up, but I am excited to see.

Does anyone know why the this huge inefficiency exists in the leeching landscape?

Stats
    Total Time spent: 10 hours (+2)
    Total Net Mesos: -23m (-0m)
    Mages levels: 36 (+2)
    Gachapon tickets farmed: 11 (+5) - I figured it would be fun to track this since I am going to let them stack for all the self-leeching + training I do

• Like Like x 2
  11. OP
    OP
    Rohan Varma

Rohan Varma Mano

May 20, 2020
    Male
    cwispy
    Bandit, Shadower
    Konoha
    Day #5, 6, 7, 8 - Kerning is my home now

Stats
    Total Time spent: 16 hours (+6)
    Total Net Mesos: -36m (-3m on pots, -10m on leech)
    Mages levels: 43 (+7)
    Gachapon tickets farmed: 41 (+30)

Jr. Wraiths starts to become a grind in the last 2-3 levels before 43 (at which point you move to Wraiths). But we made it! The insane gacha drop rate makes it much easier to swallow :)

My goal now is to get these mages to 140 while breaking even on mesos. I should be able to make up a decent amount of the costs with gacha so we shall see :)

Heres a photo of me whipping my mages into shape

Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 1.40.12 AM.png

• Like Like x 2
  12. Krythan_XD

Krythan_XD Snail

Jul 9, 2022
    1:46 PM
    Fighter
    What!? This story just.... ends!?

13. takoyaki

takoyaki Red Snail

May 28, 2017
    1:46 AM
    takoyaki
    demure
    Looks like he managed to hit lvl 53, went out to touch grass and never came back.

Attached Files:

14. takoyaki

takoyaki Red Snail

May 28, 2017
    1:46 AM
    takoyaki
    demure
    Looks like he managed to hit lvl 53, went out to touch grass and never came back.