1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice [Feedback Thread] Lunar New Year Event 2023

Discussion in 'Events' started by Ariami, Apr 4, 2023.

1. Ariami

Ariami Game Moderator Staff Member Game Moderator

Aug 26, 2020
    Female
    2:06 AM
    Ariami
    Feedback Thread
    Lunar New Year Event 2023

[​IMG]

Now that our Lunar New Year event has concluded, and the aliens have stopped their invasion of the moon, the time has come to gather feedback from the community for our latest event!

We know there's a lot to talk about, so if you're not sure where to start, here are some talking points!
    • Event Content
      • Space Gaga JQ
        • Did you enjoy the Space Gaga JQ?
        • Did the 3-per-day completion limit seem fair to you?
        • Were the rewards for completing the JQ fair?
          • As a reminder:
          • First Completion: Spaceship Mount Skill Level 1 and Space Beam Skill
          • Tenth Completion: Spaceship Mount Skill Level 2
          • Every Completion: x15 Year of the Rabbit Coin
      • Yard of Moon Flowers
        • Did you enjoy farming Moon Flowers?
        • Were the rewards for farming Moon Flowers worth your time?
      • Space Mine
        • Did you use the Space Mine to collect Year of the Rabbit Coins?
        • Were the rewards for mining Krypto Crystals worth your time?
      • Acronym Quiz with Smartie Moon Bunny
        • Did you enjoy the Acronym Quiz?
        • How often did you complete it?
      • Moony-Eyed Portrait
        • Do you like the idea of obtaining 1 free chair from the Event via a Quest?

• Event Raffle
      • 100 Monsters/1 Boss
        • Were there any Monster or Bosses you struggled with?
      • Rewards
        • Did you feel like the rates for the Raffle rewards were fair?
        • Were there any rewards you were satisfied or unsatisfied with?

• Event Points
      • Did you find it easy or hard to earn Event Points (Year of the Rabbit Coins)?
      • How did you feel about the number of options to earn Event Points?
        • Which method did you use the most?
      • Were you satisfied with the selection of items to spend your Event Points on?
        • Was there anything you wish you could have spent your points on?
        • Did you have a lot of leftover points by the end of the Event?

• Miscellaneous
      • Did you enjoy the theme of the Event?
      • How did you feel about traveling to the Event HUB Map (Lunar World)?
      • Was the Event's duration satisfactory?
      • Were you overall pleased with the Event?

Do note you don't have to only talk about any of the above points.
    We welcome any and all discussion, just make sure you keep things civil!

[​IMG]

We appreciate everyone's involvement in contributing to these feedback posts, as they are extensively read through by the Staff to create better content for future events and updates.
    Your feedback, both positive and negative, are greatly valued by our Staff, and while not every suggestion can be implemented, we always look forward to listening directly to our player base so that we can improve our server for everyone!

We look forward to reading your thoughts! And we hope you found this Event interstellar!
    Happy Mapling :heart:

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    11:06 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    IMO, the main reason the events over the last few years have felt so underwhelming is that they've gotten nuked and de-incentivized due to staff's obsession with balancing out 'abuse' (more correctly, overuse). Because of this, there is no discovery anymore. Events are now so straightforward that there is no exploration period and we're not given anything to figure out for ourselves. Raffles feel tedious and have quickly just become passive ways to earn rewards (with the toll of jumping up a few trampolines each day) if you luck out on your daily raffle quest. If you need a sad metric for how mundane things have gotten, I did more quest forfeiting this event than I did quest accomplishing. That should be indicative for how un-engaging these quests are.

The only stuff I was excited for are the chairs (galaxy chair is lit), but I learned quickly that I could just buy them at the end of the event for scraps, so raffling for chairs felt like a huge waste of time.

In future events, I hope that staff can find a way to incentivize players to socialize a bit more through these events because these last few events have been entirely solostory.

• Event Content
      • Space Gaga JQ
        • Did you enjoy the Space Gaga JQ? This was probably the first bit of content release that felt refreshing in a long while. It was challenging and addicting.
        • Did the 3-per-day completion limit seem fair to you? It seemed unnecessary and poorly implemented. If point farming was of concern (which it shouldn't as points became redundant very quickly anyways), then implement the points earned daily limit, not the access as a whole.
          • As a reminder:
          • The rewards for JQ were all fine, but event points were far too redundant too quickly. Replayability fell off very quickly.
      • Yard of Moon Flowers
        • Did you enjoy farming Moon Flowers? The JQ was interesting but then quickly became tedious.
        • Were the rewards for farming Moon Flowers worth your time? The ring is extremely powerful and I think it is well worth the time.
      • Space Mine
        • Did you use the Space Mine to collect Year of the Rabbit Coins? I did this quest once and thought that was a waste too.
        • Were the rewards for mining Krypto Crystals worth your time? Nope.
        • Did you enjoy the Acronym Quiz? It was cute. I thought it was a nice way to allow players to farm cosmetics on their mules without investing too much time.
        • How often did you complete it? I did it on mules that needed some cosmetics.
      • Moony-Eyed Portrait
        • Do you like the idea of obtaining 1 free chair from the Event via a Quest? The chair is cute but I only did this on one character. I like the idea of one untradeable as it comes across as an account-locked collectible.
    • Event Raffle
      • 100 Monsters/1 Boss
        • Were there any Monster or Bosses you struggled with? Getting NTP2 bosses was a big grief on the characters that had not unlocked certain stages, but being able to switch to Monster instead was the work-around. I think knowing both Monster and Boss at the same time would be a nice QoL change instead of having to check between the two each day to see which is easier.
      • Rewards
        • Did you feel like the rates for the Raffle rewards were fair? EV seemed consistent to past events.
        • Were there any rewards you were satisfied or unsatisfied with? Duplicate merchants is a waste of space.
    • Event Points
      • Did you find it easy or hard to earn Event Points (Year of the Rabbit Coins)? Easy.
      • How did you feel about the number of options to earn Event Points? I felt there were lots of options to earn points, but there is very little need for them. I left several accounts with 1k+ points on them unspent.
        • Which method did you use the most? Bossing.
      • Were you satisfied with the selection of items to spend your Event Points on? I'm not a huge fan of changing outfits, so cosmetics get to be very redundant. This led to me not using most of my points.
        • Was there anything you wish you could have spent your points on? AP Resets, attack pots, and other in-game items would have been nice. Without this overlap, a lot of the event felt pointless.
        • Did you have a lot of leftover points by the end of the Event? 1k+ points on each character I boss with.
    • Miscellaneous
      • Did you enjoy the theme of the Event? It was exciting and fresh at first, but it eventually just became tedious.
      • How did you feel about traveling to the Event HUB Map (Lunar World)? Fun at first but the novelty wore off very quickly.
      • Was the Event's duration satisfactory? Everything felt like solo play for this event, so I'm actually happy the event is over.
      • Were you overall pleased with the Event? I'm fairly indifferent. I think the JQ leaderboard implementation was the most exciting thing and I hope to see more like it released in the future.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    3:06 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I loved the mini games, but since the points are only for cosmetic and i dont have much time to play i needed to left aside.

But very good event, Very well designated

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Stevvetts

Stevvetts Slime

Jan 8, 2020
    Male
    BigDongSong
    Buccaneer
    Weenie
    Please no more merchants in Raffle D:

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    1:06 AM
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    As a returning player i have to agree with the points that -ovv made

The raffle seems oddly balance, just remove the merchant, trash items are meh but getting a merchant that you probably didn't need at the start of the event since they're basically permanent and everyone has one if they even want to merch seems a bit annoying

Add something points, AP resets, non-op potions, 20% or 40% HP potions , atmosphere buffs, smegas, owls anything
    Cosmetics are nice , but having so many ways to get coins that people then realize you can only get into outfits that they're inexpensive already, you could buy everything out in day 1

No more trampolines please, and no more auto-portals, having to bounce back and forth to event map is annoying
    The trampolines are one thing, missing the timing and just being forced to see your character fall all the way down was frustating
    But doing the trampolines correctly, get to the ''portal'' and because of lag or just a bug and the ceiling doesn't TP you to the next map only for you to fall back to the bottom because of glitches and bugs , that made me more tilted than anything else.

All these silly side events and ways to get coins are good...but...again...what's the point if the coins are pointless.

The ring is nice, very nice, would've liked 900 HP to go with it, maybe not 900, how about 450? 200? (20 base and 20 each scroll?)

That's it, nice to be back in ML, please no more trampolines+automatic portals or i will quit again

6. Themfeelz1

Themfeelz1 Snail

Mar 15, 2023
    Male
    4:06 PM
    Cheekys
    Magician
    IMO the people above have touched on great points regarding the Lunar event.

The only thing that I would like to comment is that I would like to see how much rabbit coins or coins I have available in my inventory. This would be alot easier to keep of track of how many coins we have readily available.

Lastly, I would like to further add that the items that you can buy with rabbit coins were too "cheap" and very easy to purchase everything in the store. IMO I would rather do party quests within the event to obtain a higher amount of coins and make it for example 1000 coins for a 90D pet or something equivalent.

7. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    • Event Content
      • Space Gaga JQ
        • Did you enjoy the Space Gaga JQ? I mean, yeah, I guess. But I didn't know why I was doing it.
        • Did the 3-per-day completion limit seem fair to you? Umm...sure.
          • As a reminder:
          • First Completion: Spaceship Mount Skill Level 1 and Space Beam Skill I don't know why anyone would want this.
          • Tenth Completion: Spaceship Mount Skill Level 2 Or this
          • Every Completion: x15 Year of the Rabbit Coin Once I realized that Rabbit Coins were good for nothing but cosmetics and pets, these instantly became worthless to me.
      • Yard of Moon Flowers
        • Did you enjoy farming Moon Flowers? It was a good challenge.
        • Were the rewards for farming Moon Flowers worth your time? Indeed it was!
      • Space Mine
        • Did you use the Space Mine to collect Year of the Rabbit Coins? Once I realized this was just a Rabbit Coin haul, I abandoned this.
        • Were the rewards for mining Krypto Crystals worth your time? I didn't know I had to zap the minerals BEFORE I mined them. I tried mining them first and then zapping them and got frustrated. It would have been nice to be told to zap before and not after mining. Nevertheless, I didn't see any good reward or anything I would really gain from doing it.
        • Did you enjoy the Acronym Quiz? A little too easy, but fun.
        • How often did you complete it? Once I realized it was just for Rabbit Coins, I stopped.
      • Moony-Eyed Portrait
        • Do you like the idea of obtaining 1 free chair from the Event via a Quest? What chair?

• Event Raffle
      • 100 Monsters/1 Boss
        • Were there any Monster or Bosses you struggled with? I only received monsters. The Tauromacis was a bit obnoxious given their spawn rate is low. No complains otherwise.
      • Rewards
        • Did you feel like the rates for the Raffle rewards were fair? Sure, I guess...just a lot of Christmas Stockings. =o(
        • Were there any rewards you were satisfied or unsatisfied with? ...a LOT of Christmas Stockings. Almost nothing but.

• Event Points
      • Did you find it easy or hard to earn Event Points (Year of the Rabbit Coins)? I would have preferred a low-end raffle to use the coins on. As long as they're not the MAIN thing, but a nice bonus beyond cosmetics and pets. Once I had all the pets, I still had over 500 coins. How many times do you really want to change your face/hair?
      • How did you feel about the number of options to earn Event Points? Good!
        • Which method did you use the most? All
      • Were you satisfied with the selection of items to spend your Event Points on? No. Definitely needed more.
        • Was there anything you wish you could have spent your points on? Event pots and other use items, maybe some difficult to get level 100 equips?
        • Did you have a lot of leftover points by the end of the Event? Yep!

• Miscellaneous
      • Did you enjoy the theme of the Event? Yes. I very much appreciated the "Jump up to the Moon" entry. Although sometimes the game didn't trigger and I got all the way to the top and fell all the way to the bottom. lol
      • How did you feel about traveling to the Event HUB Map (Lunar World)? :)
      • Was the Event's duration satisfactory? Yes (Unlike the Valentine's Event - the close of that snuck up on me and I didn't get to finish a lot of things)
      • Were you overall pleased with the Event? On a scale of 0-10, I'd give it a 6.5.

• Like Like x 1
  8. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    2:06 PM
    I concur with most of the points the others made.
    • Points were useless for me after getting all the pets. Please consider making APRs available again.
    • Some of the mobs available for early third job was rough. Tauromacis, hobi? (The leafre mob that stuns). Perhaps could break the level range down further? 70-100, 100-120, 120-150, >150.
    • Loved the idea of 1 free chair from quest.
    • The quiz for points was a good idea, better than degen farming at hhg2.
    • Raffle is fine. Mostly getting trash but would prefer more pots instead of things like owl.
    • I feel the ring is abit too strong, slightly unfair to players who missed the event. Would like more speed/jump added to event gear again instead of stats.

9. Redwop

Redwop Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jan 27, 2016
    4:06 PM
    • Event Content
      • Space Gaga JQ

I did it as many times as I needed to because I had made a goal for myself to complete it at least once. I frequently entered and left the map, just so I could restart the timer and have more goes in the hopes I would be able to finally do it.

I was able to reach the end of the Space Gaga JQ twice but was only able to complete it once. That is because during the first time, when I got to the end, I wasn't able to get out of it; and then it didn't help either that I accidentally jumped off from the platform.

I'd say I enjoyed doing it, but it also is something I personally wouldn't go out of my way to doing again.

Probably, but like I said, I was only able to successfully complete it once. So for that reason, I cannot make a comment on whether the limit was fair.

• As a reminder:

As mentioned above, I was only able to complete it once. I guess the rewards seemed to be fair.

• Yard of Moon Flowers

I personally didn't mind it! I thought it was easy enough for me to do, and I didn't feel frustrated from doing it.

If I remember correctly, at the beginning of the event, there weren't platforms at the top. I had to use a polearm then to be able to hit the reactors to get the flowers. I was able to get most of the flowers once the platforms were there. Although, I still had to use a polearm to reach some spots since I couldn't reach them with my weapon.

I suppose they were. I was able to upgrade the 8-Blessing Ring once. I don't remember much about the other rewards though.

• Space Mine

Yes, once I was able to finish the Space Gaga JQ, I think I spent more time playing on this than going back to the JQ itself. There was a bit of a struggle at first (in terms of timing, and using the Space Beam skill), but once I was able to overcome that, I was able to complete it successfully a few times and with some time left on the clock to spare.

Sorry, I don't remember much about the rewards at all.

I wouldn't say I enjoyed doing it, but I did think it was easy to do.

Possibly three times? I didn't get to play much on this event initially due to work, and then when I was finally able to play, I got sick and was forced to take a break.

• Moony-Eyed Portrait

Yeah, it was alright.

• Event Raffle
      • 100 Monsters/1 Boss

I only did it once. The monster I was given to kill in that one was easy, and I finished it fairly quickly.

• Rewards

No comment.

I got a below-average Red Christmas Sock, and I think I will drop it.

• Event Points

Yes, easy enough, surprisingly. I got a few more of them while killing the monsters for the Raffle.

I suppose it was alright, but like I said, I didn't get to play much during this event.

Most of the points I obtained came from playing in the Yard of Moon Flowers and doing Space Mine.

I spent all of my points on cosmetics. I changed my character's hair (once), and bought a set of NX clothes and a NX weapon for them. If I had more time to play during this event, I would have liked to spend my time getting more points to give my character a chance to try the different hair options.

The other cosmetic options and the other NX equipment. And I would have liked to do it on all of my other characters.

No, it came down to just 1.

• Miscellaneous

According to the Chinese Zodiac, this is the year of the Rabbit, and so having this event kind of made sense. It isn't probably the event that comes to my mind when I think about Lunar New Year, but I appreciate the work that went into it.

I didn't enjoy playing on this event. That might be because I didn't get to do it as much I had liked. Otherwise, my opinion could have been different if I had that chance.

It was alright. I didn't really pay much attention where I would land, so I did lose a bit of HP just from doing it. But it didn't bother me though since I was able to get there anyway.

Three weeks is pretty good, although having back-to-back events (since it commenced right after the Valentine's patch) was a bit rough, at least for me personally.

Neutral, I suppose. I played more during the Valentine's patch than I did on this patch, and I'd like to give some feedback for that.

I don't get why the Christmas items had to be included into this particular Raffle. It especially seems out-of-place since the period of Christmas is already over. You can't make up for lost time by doing that. If anything, it brings more questions as to why that event didn't actually happen, which is something that could have been avoided by not putting it in.

I'm sure it wasn't a terrible event since there was a lot of time and hard work invested into it. Don't let the comments I make about it discourage you. There's a good chance that many of the things I've said won't accurately reflect what everyone else is saying about it.

10. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    8:06 AM
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    It was a well done event, however I really miss events that affect the whole maple world like spawning mobs or stuff like lots of people hitting the big cake in that one anni event.

The problem I have with recent events is that it's just talk to an npc to teleport to event area, spend the first day or two doing the content like finding a map, getting ur ring. Then the rest of the event just do ur raffle(s) on mules. As ovv said it's just been solo play.

I also wish the points weren't only for cosmetics. I only spent points out of boredom as nothing interested me.

Thanks staff for all the hard work MapleF16

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    y'all are too harsh; this is a 10/10 compared to valentine's.

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. Cabbagehead

Cabbagehead Orange Mushroom

Nov 10, 2021
    • Event Content
      • Space Gaga JQ
        • Did you enjoy the Space Gaga JQ? It's fun to do it with a couple of friends for a few times.
        • Did the 3-per-day completion limit seem fair to you? I think it's fair since it only counts on succession.
        • Were the rewards for completing the JQ fair? It's alright.
          • As a reminder:
      • Yard of Moon Flowers
        • Did you enjoy farming Moon Flowers? It was frustrating at first, since it only has 3 minutes and 1 entry per day regardless of failure or not. After the timer got extended and getting used to the springs mechanism, it feels just like another daily task.
        • Were the rewards for farming Moon Flowers worth your time? Yes, the ring is awesome!
      • Space Mine
        • Did you use the Space Mine to collect Year of the Rabbit Coins? Yes, but only did it once or twice before it became boring.
        • Were the rewards for mining Krypto Crystals worth your time? The rewards were only good when the event just started, to get more coins and UFO skill upgrade.
        • Did you enjoy the Acronym Quiz? It's a great addition! It helps a lot to get some nx outfits and hair/face changes on my low level characters. This is way better than hhg2 point farming. Not to mention some of the wrong choices are hilarious.
        • How often did you complete it? Almost everyday until I had enough coins I need for every character.
      • Moony-Eyed Portrait
        • Do you like the idea of obtaining 1 free chair from the Event via a Quest? Yes! I think it's great not to lock every event chair behind raffle.

• Event Raffle
      • 100 Monsters/1 Boss
        • Were there any Monster or Bosses you struggled with? I leveled up a page from lvl6x to lvl70 during the event. It feels a sudden difficulty spike for monster list with lvl70-100(or 120?). Not sure if it's just unlucky but I had to give up doing raffle on that character cause it's too tough for early 3rd job.
      • Rewards
        • Did you feel like the rates for the Raffle rewards were fair? For me, I feel like the rate of getting a chair is lower than previous events.
        • Were there any rewards you were satisfied or unsatisfied with? Not happy to get duplicate merchants or 1500hp pots. Feels like a slap in the face.

• Event Points
      • Did you find it easy or hard to earn Event Points (Year of the Rabbit Coins)? I think it's rather easy to get points this time.
        • Which method did you use the most? Bossing, pq and daily quiz.
      • Were you satisfied with the selection of items to spend your Event Points on? It feels really underwhelming this time.
        • Was there anything you wish you could have spent your points on? Where's AP RESET :(
        • Did you have a lot of leftover points by the end of the Event? I had hundreds or 1k+ points left on my mains. Really wish there are more things to exchange for besides cosmetics. For example AP RESET

• Miscellaneous
      • Did you enjoy the theme of the Event? It's cute.
      • How did you feel about traveling to the Event HUB Map (Lunar World)? I think it's better than Halloween because we are able to wrap to event map from almost every town. The only thing I don't understand is why cash shop is disabled in the Lunar World? It's a bummer when you just got an event cosmetic set but not able to try them out immediately for no particular reason.
      • Was the Event's duration satisfactory? I think the duration is fair. However, the valentine event feels too short. Barely able to complete the ring quest before it's gone.
      • Were you overall pleased with the Event? 7/10

13. Kanetsugu

Kanetsugu Orange Mushroom

Nov 15, 2020
    MaLaTang
    Bowmaster
    Munchies
    I only wanted to come here and say I really appreciate the quiz for points as a person who doesn't have that much time to play, I was able to get the cosmetics and pets I wanted by doing the quiz.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Tyron

Tyron Mano

Apr 5, 2021
    Male
    9:06 AM
    Ranger
    - I didn't do the space gaga jump quest, not enjoying jump quests, but thats just personal preference. (Maple is lacking some of the platformer quirks that make them work well, such as coyote time)
    - Moon flower ring is very nice!
    - Raffle rewards were rich, too rich in PACs/PGCs, in my opinion. It crashed the market for purple capes
    - Quiz Quests is a fantastic idea! Maplers use tons of acronyms.
    - Event point rewards for me felt a bit meh, I already have a pet and don't fancy the wearables too much.

Overal theme was nice, travelling there was nice but gets repetetive over time, but overall definitely happy having events to begin with!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    I have been saying the new raffle system is bad since it was first added, glad to see people are finally seeing the light. Really needs a rework. In my opinion the best event system is still the one from anniversary 2 years ago.

There has also been a problem with the points system which has been largely ignored until now, mostly because the cosmetics were actually great. But this event since the cosmetics were pretty mediocre it’s pretty obvious there needs to be something that can be used as a points sink that’s actually useful.

Speaking of cosmetics, this is more of a nitpick but the space gun doesn’t actually shoot like a gun even if you use it on a Corsair. You hold the gun with the wrong hand and it just looks silly. Hopefully more care can be put into gun cosmetics in the future.

Also, while the rings were good for valentines and lunar new year, neither the ring of passion nor the 8 lunar blessings ring give hp. Most of the event HP equips I have are expiring or have expired which has caused some problems for my unwashed characters. If it’s going to take forever for the HP challenges and the defense rework to come out there still needs to be solutions for the short term.

Thematically the event was cool and the JQs were great. Other parts of the event are familiar and still underwhelming.

16. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    Since everyone is mentioning the return of APRs i'd like to offer my input on this matter. Overall it is very clear that the staff is regretful of the HP washing meta overall but it's obviously here to stay and instead of making it harder for new players to indulge in hp washing, it should be more accessible. Even if HP challenges are going to come soon, it does feel like the main "benefit" it provide is giving new aspiring harcore players and casual players a mean to experience the game sooner and to an extent "fully". Either way most players with long term intentions WILL naturally be inclined to hardcore washing their future characters.

With that being said, not allowing AP resets in events simply punishes newer players who never benefitted from unlimited AP resets or even limited resets from previous events. At the end of the day, making the process of washing a longer process falsely gives a sense of longevity since this isn't needed to make legends interesting and it is very often that players quit during the process. Ultimately i personally think that if challenges present an alternative, washing now more than ever should be more approved of and endorsed by the balancing team since players have a real option and since HP washed characters will ALWAYS have an advantage, speeding up the process via event resets being present consistently would ultimately mean players who provisionally made a challenge character, would get to play their capped out character with more of an acceptable waiting period.

At the end of the day FOMO is real and a lot of players (casual and hardcore alike) will feel handicapped by hp challenges and people will naturally gravitate to washing.

17. creative

creative Mr. Anchor

Nov 2, 2019
    Male
    Since I really only did the raffle, I figure I'll touch on that.

I would have to say Tauromacis due to them spawning every 1-3 minutes in 3 different maps. I found it a bit annoying to jump around on 3 maps to get these killed. It took me about ~30 minutes to do this which is fine. But maybe do monsters that don't have a spawn timer? Just a thought

I felt the rewards were fair, yes.

I was satisfied with everything.

I did enjoy the theme, was very cool.

I enjoyed doing the jumps to get to the top. Every now and then I'd completely miss the trigger to get into the main map, but I was ok with that.

Yes and yes

My Raffle winnings per character for anyone curious.

18. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    9:06 AM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    My main post here is to say that while the points or events do lack engagement throughout the event's lifespan, I personally don't think APR would be the solution to that mainly because if there were APRs they would either be too little or players would complain about how some got way too much and this would create FOMO and burnout that wouldn't be healthy. This is just my opinion but I still do wish points have more utility other than just cosmetics.

Loved the theme and the cosmetics of the event very much! The pets are super adorable and the other activities were fun even though I didn't do them much after the first few days.

Also really loved the quiz for easy points! Helped me dress so many characters and mules please keep doing that! <3

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. ScrambleEgg

ScrambleEgg Snail

Feb 15, 2023
    ScrambleEgg
    Dragon Knight
    -
    I am very pleased with this event's cosmetics especially the hairstyles.
    Thank you for making them available,
    really looking forward to the next batch of event cosmetics so keep up the great work!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    8:06 AM
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    • Event Content
      • Space Gaga JQ
          Yes. I really liked it. I did it a few extra times for good measure as it was enjoyable to learn and fun to try to master for a bit. The competition element with the leaderboard was really super cool, although I wouldn't mind a second personalized leaderboard with my own 5 fastest times (not sure if that was in...)
          I had no issue with that. It was fine for the activity itself.
          • As a reminder:
            this was cool. I liked the mount.
            I didnt achieve this as the reason for the JQ quickly tapered off after getting enough points for my cosmetics. Although I wanted to try for it, it just didnt align with my mapling time to add this.
            There were many easy ways of earning coins and this was one of them. Fair reward, felt like it actually gave me some perspective on the rewards.
      • Yard of Moon Flowers
          At first I felt like the moon flower JQ was unfair. I have too frequently accidentally LEFT the this stage because I entered, saw an NPC and clicked it and was warped out. But that might be due to me playing absentmindedly. I would have liked a check that keeps track of at least collecting 1+ flower for it to count towards daily maximum of 1.
          The ring is really good. I only got mine up to lvl4 or so, but its still v worth it. Great reward in itself. I would argue that the reward was a bit backloaded with an upfront high cost of 30 flowers to get the ring and then an additional 10 flower per upgrade. I'd rather have it equalized (110 total(?) so 12~ish for ring and per upgrade). That way its easier to see some reward, also for the casual players.
      • Space Mine
          I did it a few times. Just like the JQ. It was fine. Got a bit tedious after a while. especially considering the coins lost their value really soon without any in-game rewards to sink coins into.
          Yes, the amount of coins was fair and good.
          I liked it, feel like it could be a good way to also test/learn some more advanced game stuff :) (But im a lecturer, so I'm biased towards these things)
          I did it every day I went to the event map. It was so easy and a nice way to get a start in the event and get some event coins.
      • Moony-Eyed Portrait
          Yes, feels "special" as a sort of limited edition reward. It prevents the chair feast or famine that would occur otherwise if no chairs are obtained through other ways.

• Event Raffle
      • 100 Monsters/1 Boss
          Nothing too bad for my crossbowman/sniper. I was happy with the mobs.
      • Rewards
          I got 1 chair and just about shit for the rest. I never really like(d) raffles cuz its a bit too gambly for me. But I understand the appeal for others...
          I really disliked the "punishmen" for ppl under lvl70 regarding additions to the raffle pool in the form of super shit potions. I don't mind (although still find it slightly unrewarding) that the biggest prices are only for lvl70+, but there's no reason to add dumb shit to the under lvl70 ones to make it even less rewarding.

• Event Points
        Extremely easy to at least earn some basic amount of points every day. Through quiz and other daily quests and some farming.
        I liked that I could do just about anything and still earn some points. Meant I could participate in the event my own way.
          Quiz and farming mobs I guess.
        Yes and no. I really liked the cosmetics this time around. And some of the NX outfits were cool and super cute. But: (see point below)
          I would have liked a pointsink for non-NX things. I really don't want APRs for that, seems a bit too overkill and will mostly reward the extremely hardcore users. But something in the form of (maybe untradeable) potions for speed/jump, or a buyable buff that immediately happens that gives whatever stats (speed/jump/accuracy/avoid?) or an additional 5% exp boost (buyable once a day, for 30 minutes). Just something to sink my coins into that feels worth it to keep doing the points parts of the event.
          Almost 1k points left by the end of event without playing all that much and with buying quite a lot of cosmetics/NX outfits.

• Miscellaneous
        Yes it was fun and refreshing.
        The first time it was cool, but after that tbh I wouldn't mind it just being 1 trampoline.
        Yeah it was fine. :)
        I liked it. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2