1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fix the scroll economy please!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RayF, Aug 18, 2021.

1. OP
    OP
    RayF

RayF Mano

Apr 16, 2021
    Male
    10:46 AM
    Bishop
    I don't necessarily think the hoarders are doing anything wrong. There's also nothing wrong with merching if you are buying out scrolls for below market price and selling at market price. I just have an issue with people buying out a finite supply of scrolls and the price going up only because of merching rather than an actual rise in the demand for that scroll. I would just like to see a counterbalance to this exploit in the form of providing players the choice to go and farm scrolls for themselves without relying solely on RNG gach. This way, there isn't as much of an incentive to hoard scrolls and sell them for astronomical prices because eventually others will be enticed to farm those scrolls and the price wont be as easily manipulated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    5:46 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    Make NT mobs and/or bosses drop some of these gach-locked scrolls!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ma3ohma3

ma3ohma3 Chronos

Mar 5, 2021
    10:46 PM
    Pop decline -> scroll price up -> pop decline -> scroll price up -> pop decline -> scroll price up -> pop decline -> scroll price up -> pop decline -> scroll price up -> pop decline -> ....

At the final state, it will be lvl 200s doing PBs till the drops become like Zak prices and scroll prices go bollocks :D

4. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    10:46 PM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    MW20 too expensive to afford now? Just come back 2 years later. ez clap.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    4:46 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    This is me still playing ML even tho I just boss for fun and cant afford WS to finish my Knuckle:
    [​IMG]
    Edit: I'm just hoping the staff will come out with something that will take ML out of this era.

6. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    7:46 AM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    [​IMG]

7. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    We both have different attitudes, as much as I like to complain I still play the game despite it status x-x.
    Also ewww guns, real brave people punch stuff to death.

8. tunafish

tunafish Slime

Aug 2, 2021
    Marksman
    The problem doesn't lie in the multi mages, but rather the free market. The fact is that people are willing to pay such amounts of mesos for such scrolls, despite being absurdly priced. Whatever mentioned here so far about opening other sources for obtaining such scrolls are valid ideas, but at the end of the day, if people are still willing to pay stupid amounts for such scrolls, then it will be that prices. Do note that I am not saying it is a bad idea, since i do believe this is a good idea, but i just think that it's probably going to be less effective than you guys think.

So yes I am saying that it's the people's fault for enabling such prices. If you would just be a little patient and waited for a cheaper MW20 at a reasonable 270m, then maybe MW20 prices wouldn't have risen to 300m a pop. Which brings me to my next point, that desperation is a powerful tool that can and will be exploited by sellers, so always keep this in mind.

Now, I am upset that prices are going up, but there's nothing much that can be done, other than dealing with it and also like i mentioned, not buying stupidly priced scrolls and enabling these sellers. Since it is a free market after all, i think that the better option would just be to deal with it, since people will buy items/scrolls at such prices anyways, and the sellers are always trying to squeeze more money from the buyers anyways, by pricing the items at crazy prices and letting it sit there until the item sells due to it being the only(or few) option(s) left in the market.

TLDR: It's a free market, increasing the drops of scrolls to other areas will fix the problem to a certain extent, but it wouldn't stop the prices from going back to it's current state in the future.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Same, but for my slinger its an LPQ mule so its ranged bullets are cheap and I'd rather not make another bowman since so linear for stage 1.

Just hope something gets done about inflation since it's a huge problem for everyone.

10. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    Guess I am the only one who disagrees with the post. I think rarity is great and it gives a unique chance to make uncommon items. This comes at a price. People who want to scroll overall STR could go for the cheaper alternative of overall DEX and aren't losing out on much anyway, and if some if not most, you're actually gaining more because the DEX scrolls also provide accuracy. I believe that it creates a beautiful system. If everything was equally cheap, it would only cause people to min-max every center of this game which I don't find to be absolutely necessary.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  11. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    10:46 AM
    iPippy
    There are classes other than bowman. Warriors/buccs have no interest in overall dex.

Rather than gach-locked scrolls, Id rather an addition of Scroll of Secrets-locked scrolls. Still B>knuckle accuracy 30 (it does exist, I swear) MapleF4

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Your logic holds up for the very specific part of inflation you seem to be cherry picking. However, your point has zero relevance when it comes to css20 doubling in price, gfa doubling in price, cfa doubling in price, 14 att gloves doubling in price (logical consequence of aforementioned but still relevant) etc etc etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    *not speaking as staff but as a player*

idk I'm a pre-covid player and when I first joined the server, Gen30 was 300mil and so was MW20. Obviously gen30 is now only 90mil, other skillbooks also hit the floor, and gfa60 used to be like 1.5mil now they are like 600k? I think it's a sign of the aging population more than anything. Countries are opening back up again, vaccinations are becoming more widely available. Covid peak had WS/CS for for like 65mil at the bottom, and now the population is declining and those who are left are the endgame sweaty players who are trying to perfect their 14+ glove, chaos their capes, and ws30 their weapons so the economy reflects that.

With the server likely going back to its pre-covid <1000 players (when I first joined there were like 400-500 players max), I expect the economy will likely reflect an aged post-level 170+ playerbase. Especially since there are tons of copyright strikes going on right now with our FB pages, fan FB pages, youtube videos, twitch streaming all being taken down instantaneously, there are not many new players joining the server... The small trickle of new players aren't really enough to make the economy like it used to or balance it out.

Of course theres probably lots of other factors too. but I really do think people going back outside more and not mapling as much definitely has a huge effect.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    You have completely missinterpreted what I said. Also, Warriors & Buccs can benefit greatly from Overall armor for Dex, on top of that, Top / Bottom is always an option.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Pirates do not use tops/bottoms, their armor is made up entirely of overalls. Both gender (male and female) wear the same outfit (overall). Quite simple for pirates! Nov 16, 2008
    https://ayumilovemaple.wordpress.com/2008/11/16/maplestory-pirate-equipments-database-for-gunslinger-and-brawler/#:~:text=Pirates do not use tops,Quite simple for pirates

16. Lynx

Lynx Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    5:46 PM
    Beginner