1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Warrior Hammer Bro's Guide to the Modern Paladin

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Paid2Win, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    9:42 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    The best map for Paladin in ToT is the one with chief qualm guardian because they're fire weak and you can almost 2 hko them.
    By experience of playing there I saw it give about 0.2% per hour

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    4:42 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    Because of rates like that that I wonder why I love this game so much lmao

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Paid2Win

Paid2Win Brown Teddy

Oct 25, 2019
    Male
    3:42 AM
    Paid2Win
    Paladin
    Katsu
    Hey y'all I've been neglecting this thread a little in the grind to 170. A lot of sections have been updated with newer information so thanks for the patience. Like Panda said, the HH nerf has limited the 3-4 5-6 training in a lot of ways, but even at 7F HH is going to yield you the BEST EPH. While the training spots have changed a lot, the build is still pretty stable.

I'm going to try to do some more DPM/EPM testing to compare with panda's results and report back. For now, I've removed the 'training' section of the guild as it was outdated and incomplete.

4. DarthLord

DarthLord Mushmom

Jun 4, 2019
    Assassin
    So, what would you recommend as the best training spot for someone (Lvl 120) who trains alone and want's relatively good exp.

5. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    8:42 AM
    I did blue wyverns from 124-127, fairly decent at 0.3%/min if I recall... The better option is duo'ing with a low level bish at skeles but that involves being with someone else so maybe not.

6. OP
    OP
    Paid2Win

Paid2Win Brown Teddy

Oct 25, 2019
    Male
    Paid2Win
    Paladin
    Katsu
    So to be honest, the answer is find a training partner. Blue wyverns is a slog but you can farm dragon etc drops for some dank money. Himes, and other 11x training spots are some of your other options. Paladins were hell from 120 to 130 before the mannes and HH nerf. They are only worse now.

Some people just focus on card hunting and getting passive exp. That will take a looooong time.

Another route is farming smaller bosses if you want to solo. At 120 you really won't be strong enough for BF, you don't have blast or stance, and life is gonna be hard. The best is Headless Horsemen, but finding spawn is balls right now because of the high population on the server. I personally did a mix of HH and mannes (rip) There's also Pap, Rav, Pianus, etc.

7. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    Taking a step back, to help you get through those painful levels you can also consider doing a few quests

- 4th job skill quests themselves give a lot of exp as a reward, completing them all will help you a fair bit
    - Shaolin quests. While you probably won't be able to kill the mobs effectively yourself, having someone help you will allow you to finish it quickly. The final 2 quests in the Shaolin temple quest chain give massive amounts of exp.

8. OP
    OP
    Paid2Win

Paid2Win Brown Teddy

Oct 25, 2019
    Male
    Paid2Win
    Paladin
    Katsu
    If you have a friend or group you could also bang out ToT quests. The road of regret quests are 10x to 11x, is fire weak, and give amazing exp. Last one i just turned in was 495k per npc chat (so 3x server rate). Also a great place to hunt good scrolls, some less common skill books, and exp in general

9. MeatSlam

MeatSlam Mushmom

Apr 2, 2020
    Male
    1:42 AM
    MeatSlam
    Page
    Hey all. I started on this server a few weeks ago and figured I'd share my training spots as an unfunded Paladin (there are several new spots that are very good for us after being buffed).

1-35: Follow one of the many guides in the guide section that make these levels relatively easy
    35-50ish: Teddys/LPQ (I'm not sure the exactly the best spot to train here as I mainly did LPQ)

From here on I'll give you an exact guide for the best exp/hour if you want to just grind (even if you were getting leeched these spots are almost comparable).
    I'd recommend scrolling a dex glove to bridge the accuracy gap for certain levels where you wouldn't be able to hit without it (depends on your base dex. I was able to afford a Z-Helm at around level 50 unfunded)

50ish Truckers: As soon as you can hit Truckers go there. Really good spawn and drop alot of etcs that help you recover potion costs.

55ish-70ish Forest of Golems: The new buffed forest of golems is just as good if not better than Ghost Ship for a warrior (and better drops). Use the FM button to go to the top of the map, clear every platform then repeat. Partying with other people here is usually comparable to solo depending on class.

Between the late 60s and early 70s there isn't really a new spot to go until you get fire charge leveled up so you can either stay at Golems or PPQ.

70ish-late 90ish Dual Ghost Pirates: As soon as you can 100% hit Dual Ghost Pirates go there. The map is very very very good for WKs now, fire weak and amazing spawn. Easily better then every other map available for a large chunk of 3rd job.

A few tips for the map: Get your mount if it wasn't obvious. Once again use the FM button to go to the top of the map after clearing every platform. I ignored the very top platform entirely as it only spawns 3 mobs maximum and didn't seem to effect the overall spawn of the map that much. At the bottom use slash blast to round up every mob before killing - its usually faster. DPG have a magic attack that can be annoying but as long as you are somewhat close to them they will walk towards you. You'll get the hang of it after a few levels.

90ish-105ish: Grim Phantom Watches: Once you are somewhat strong and can 100% hit them go to Grims. This buffed map might not seem the best but there is a certain secret that makes it very good. Ignore the entire map except for the very bottom and the 1 platform above the bottom. They buffed the spawn so much near the bottom you don't need to go anywhere else. There are constant packs of 3-6 grims at pretty much all times once you get a rotation down.
    Side note: CDs can also be good at this level but the map is very crowded and Grims are comparable if not better.

105ish-123: Himes: At a certain point you get strong enough that Himes is better than Grims. I can't really tell you when that point is so you will have to test the epm every few levels. These levels get fairly slow as you approach 4th job so buy some leech (you should have extra money) if needed.

I am currently level 125 and just as a quick aside want to say you don't have to follow this advice if you have a mage to leech from:

You should max ACB first if you are unfunded. Levels 123-131 will be beyond hell without it. If you are buying leech these levels probably will cost you 150m+ if not more. You delay HH by a few levels in exchange for increasing your damage output by 3x. ACB is also very pot efficient as it perma stuns any mob you fight so it's easy to make money.

123+: I'm still experimenting where the best spot is before HH but so far the best spot I have found is Road of Regrets 4/5 (Chief Qualm Guardian). You will likely average anywhere from 14-18m EPH depending on your gear. Which isn't bad for a non-leeching option that makes you money. You can buy Shaolin leech at lvl 125+ if you ever get too bored and get lucky with drops.

And that's as far as I have gotten!

There is lots of negativity around Warrior/WK leveling but honestly after these new buffs it really isn't that bad. Hope these spots help out future Paladins.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    Actually maxing acb first is quite interesting if you're swimming in NX.

Theoretically what you can do is 1 rush, max acb, then put into HH. At level 129, reset all of rush and ACB to get yourself max HH then go profit at shaolin. Add 1 point back into rush at 130 and max blast afterwards, then 20 stance, then acb.
    The reason why this works is because you don't need acb to grind from 130-150. HH alone whether it's a 5/6 duo with a mage/bish or a 7f solo is more than enough to give you amazing eph.
    Get the acb early to help you get to 129 then bulldozer through to 150 and then add points into acb once you get 20 stance.

Downside to this is you end up paying 10m for a sb... Didn't get myself the acb sb until I started running full zaks myself and got it for free then

11. MeatSlam

MeatSlam Mushmom

Apr 2, 2020
    Male
    1:42 AM
    MeatSlam
    Page
    That's a really good idea if you have the NX to do so. 100% agree.

12. OP
    OP
    Paid2Win

Paid2Win Brown Teddy

Oct 25, 2019
    Male
    Paid2Win
    Paladin
    Katsu
    I added this under it's own tab since it seems pretty solid and I've read multiple other sources that pretty much say the same thing. Eventually I want to go back and eph test each area for exact numbers but appreciate you man. Credit is posted in the guide, let me know if you need anything else added to it.

13. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    I might be going to truckers a bit early at 39 but here's some epm5 tests from truckers vs STDs. Both were done with 98 accuracy which hardly missed on truckers and was 100% hit on STD. The only benefit to truckers is there's an afk spot in the map I guess but it doesn't make up for worse exp, map layout, and harder hits.

Truckers:
    upload_2020-4-26_14-20-16.png

Straw Target Dummies (STDs)
    upload_2020-4-26_14-21-27.png

14. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Some more EPH numbers if any new pallies are looking for training spots. These will probably be on the higher end since I moved gear to this char but I'm sure most people can clear 1m EPH easily with HS and a partner.

Duo FoG with a 54 fighter and HS
    upload_2020-5-3_22-27-1.png

Solo FoG with bishop leeching for HS bonus was around 1.1m EPH but I forgot to get an SS.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. takolovelive

takolovelive Chronos

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    3:42 PM
    takoEri
    Paladin
    GodDuckness
    FINALLY someone understands the struggle of first time pallies (I was unfunded too and I got HH during the price hike over hype for crimson guardian grinding. I suffered for months over the lack of finishing partners willing to join). I recommend this now even more after the map spawn balances and the HH cd nerf.

Word of warning, fire charge on fire weak mobs is still bugged since there are still plenty of reports of pallies getting banned here and there for "hacking" (ie the damage detection bots still registering the pre-fire charge buff damage as the right figure).

16. takolovelive

takolovelive Chronos

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    3:42 PM
    takoEri
    Paladin
    GodDuckness
    Another training recommendation if you have enough accuracy is the CDs in Taipei for their boost in popularity and buffed drops. I think they're good from late lvl 70s (if you have godly acc) up to even early 90s I think.

Good luck finding a spot for pt because the maps are extra crowded.

17. Devilize

Devilize Red Snail

Oct 22, 2019
    Devilize
    Warrior
    You can go duals starting at 70. I got around 2M EPH at 70 no HS hitting like 90%. It's just annoying to fire charge every 12 seconds. Topped out at 5.9M EPH with HS at 75.

18. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    4:42 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Pally's unite! Good guide ^^

Just wanted to chime in about the sword vs blunt weapon discussion that was briefly mentioned~ It's true that blast range has been improved so you feel less like a t-rex, BUT I think there are a few important factors that make going hybrid necessary.

The first is ofc the ease of getting crushed skulls, now that people constantly run CWKPQ (why you should splash blunt weapon).

The second is the scaling for the two weapon classes. In the very beginning with clean weapons, and barely any gear the crushed skull or 1h bw is a far better weapon.

[​IMG]

But the stronger you get (better gear and increase in levels), the two-handed sword from Neo Tokyo becomes the unrivalled best weapon for a paladin.

[​IMG]

Even if you're not going the two-handed route, the one-handed sword still out-performs the crushed skull in pretty much every avenue as well.

Bottomline: if you see yourself being a long-term player, do the smart thing and go hybrid ;) or else you're going to regret it later (aka later in your game progression, and later in the game's future esp if new weapons ever get introduced to the game that outshine the neo tokyo weapons as well).

o/ and that's all from this retired pally~

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    Did a DPM test on a dummy with SI and a 127wa claymore did had a higher dpm 1 by around 100k than a 137wa skull + 20 wa shield. Essentially you can go 2h claymore if u wanted for a fraction of the price of getting a skull and shield (127wa clay is like 200m whereas a 137 skull and 20wa shield is prob around a bn if not more).

But what it doesn't factor in is the amazing powers of guardian which is hidden DPM from knockback prevention and repositioning which, during say a 75min HT run, can be huge in helping you maintaining uptime and saving pots.

Tho I do agree with the hybrid point and ultimately in the end it is easier scrolling a perf claymore than a perf skull + perf shield.

20. OP
    OP
    Paid2Win

Paid2Win Brown Teddy

Oct 25, 2019
    Male
    Paid2Win
    Paladin
    Katsu

I don't agree with your bottom line tbh. These damage charts are all theoretical based on perfect gear that most players won't ever reach. Most players can and will fall into a middle ground while playing Paladin / ML with their gear. At the end of the day both BW and Sword are viable weapons, but depending on your funding, play style, and what you actually want to do, either or is an endgame option. Going hybrid really isn't the 'smart' thing to do,, it is a thing you can do and if it suits your playstyle, do it. If it doesn't, you aren't dumb for it. It's an option, but not the only option, and saying you're going to regret it later is your opinion and not necessarily true.

These numbers are also raw data without taking in anything else into consideration, such as skill distribution, which also factors into gameplay. I enjoy 1H gameplay much more than 2H and am never going to use a sword. The surviviability that guardian gives me definitely boosts my DPM and makes overall bossing more enjoyable. Raw DPM calculations are not the be all, end all of bossing or endgame play.