1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Help a class in extinction out>Outlaw in need of tips for lategame. Also, Slinger appreciaton thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nimbus, May 13, 2020.

1. Nimbus

Nimbus Horny Mushroom

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    Perú
    5:06 AM
    GrayNimbus
    Corsair
    Nimbus
    TL;DR
    I have a lv80 gunslinger right now (ign: GrayNimbus), with about 2.5k HP, not counting HP gear (which takes me to ~2.8k HP). I have been washing with like 20 INT (I know, I know...) from lvs 40-70 and with 40 INT from lvs 70-80.

I just want to open this thread to look for ways and/or tips to save this character's late game:

- How much HP do I really need, considering I HAVE to get HP gear now? Maybe if I can't get my desired HP washes for lv150 (which will probably happen) I can maybe get them for lvs160-170.

-AP resetting to get some more INT isn't out of the table if you guys 100% recommend it (I think I will be able to get 25 extra washes for lv150 with the INT gear and base INT I have, and I must have done around 10 washes already... I forgot since I haven't played this character for more than 2 years)

- Can HP gear really save me? I am willing to take the monster book ring as high tier as possible, use NX to get 3 pets with HP equips and sacrifice some equip slot to gain more HP. This will most likely be my cape for a Black Fist Cloack, but I want to know if Chaos Scrolling a MoN is a good idea, considering I'd be missing on HT necklace, and how worth is it to get a Ravana Helmet for that +60HP instead of Scarlion Hat (also, how soon can I get a Ravana Helm?)

- Any Corsairs who want to add me or leave a comment here so they can teach me tricks with the ship and how to survive bosses later on is highly appreciated.

-Any other kind of help or tip for the class is appreciated (mostly for lving on my own or helping me in-game to lvup PLEASE 3RD JOB IS HARD).

Assume erasing this character is out of the table. Maybe some other day I'll have a chance to create the ultimate Corsair or any other ranged DPS class, but I don't think I'll have the meso funding for godlike INT gear OR the time to get the 1M+ NX required to HP and MP wash a 'sair with 11.5k HP+ anytime soon. I love this game, but HP washing that much really takes the fun out of it IMO. I want a respectable character, not a character that just trivialized the game because one of their main cons was their squishiness and now it has double HP than a vanilla warrior thanks to half a year's worth of NX funding.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you want a better explanation on why the character is so unoptimized and why I don't just "create a NL instead", here we go:

I started playing Maplelegends around July 2017, where I played with a group of 7-8 friends during the span of 2 months. Nothing really serious, but we still agreed to play different classes to have variety in our party. I had never played a Gunslinger, so I just picked it. I also never heard about HP washing, so I played casually until lv40-ish, were I started to care more about my late game and noticing that my HP was really low. Managed to get my char to lv64 with some washes thanks to some INT gear and the inherent extra MP you get and then we all stopped playing the game.

I thought that was it, so I did not care if my character was perfectly minmaxed since we did not get to play that long or get that far. However, ever since the 15th of March of this year (2020), an even larger group of people and I came back to the server. I created a DK to mix things up and start fresh with my friends (I have that character properly HP washed, don't worry), which is now 4th job and my highest lv character on this server. After 2 months of almost exclusively playing my warrior, it felt bad to see I had a character so close to 3rd job just lying there. So I started AP resetting some points to INT, got the Ellin's Savior Ring, monster book ring (Tier 1) and a Zak Helmet, and leveled him to lv80.

I really want to make this character work. Most importantly, I really want to take him to 4th job so I can experience the best a gunslinger can offer. However, I also know I'd be competing for party spots with other more optimized characters or classes during boss runs. So I know I have to become a beast Corsair, both mechanically and in minmaxing terms.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Why not just create a Night Lord/Bowmaster?" Here is why:

Despite every single guide and thread complaining and talking about how bad this class is and how one would be better off choosing a NL or BM instead, I fell in love with it. For the first time in my life playing Maple, this game felt challenging, and I felt like I had a keyboard full of skills to use as soon as 2nd job (!). None of them were great on their own,(and most of them get inmediately replaced on your next job advancement) but that is exactly why the class felt fun: you have to THINK to play it (no offense to any other class, but I've played many classes up to 3rd or 4th job and this is the one I had to concentrate the most playing it, and I haven't even started bossing). I really don't think it is a contentious point to say that Corsair is the hardest ranged DPS class to play. I embrace that challenge.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Conclusion, and hopefully the start of a Gunslinger appreciation thread
    So, if you have any good tips on how to save this gunslinger from playing 40 levels unoptimally and some other 40 levels with minimal HP washing, I am all ears. It would also be awesome to hear the experiences of people who also have fun with the challenge this class brings to your character roster or of other gunslingers/ ranged DPSers who brought their unoptimal HP build into a respectable one.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    3:06 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I respect your commitment to gunslinger, but I think you are trying too hard to do something that won't reward you in any way.

Unless you are hp washing to 7.2k clean HP (which requires 160 total int to do so optimally), there is really no point in hp washing at all. Any washing you do won't really change what bosses you can, and cannot survive. Don't take this the wrong way, as you can still fight every boss in maplelegends with the exception of verga and toad.

If you are dead set on doing the stupid thing and want to salvage this character, you need to start pumping INT every time you level up and get to a very high base INT. Then you will need to start MP washing. I would refer to my corsair guide's washing section for details on how much INT / MP washes you should do. It varies depending on how much HP you want.

The problem with this is that doing this will KILL your character's ability to progress itself in the mid and late game, and you will be reliant on leech to level up.

What I suggest instead is that you keep playing your corsair as is, and not worry about the washing. Keep voting on the same account and eventually remake it when you have the nx to do so.

Your first corsair WILL NOT be a waste. You will gain mesos from playing it, and have many transferable gear for your next corsair. Not only that, but you will also have the experience of playing a corsair under your belt. Believe me when i say that it takes a lot of practice to get good at corsair in bossing. Your first corsair is an excellent opportunity to get that practice in.

Furthermore, if you remake them on the same account, you will be able to use your first corsair to bypass entry restrictions for things like cwkpq. (Cwkpq is very solid mid game content for farming mesos and nx).

You can do cwkpq on your unwashed corsair and go to the bonus and get 30% scrolls and nx. Then, you can do cwkpq AGAIN on your washed corsair for even more 30% scrolls and nx. Because nx is shared per account, you can progress your washing much quicker than a normal person who simply just votes for resets.

• Like Like x 4
  3. OP
    OP
    Nimbus

Nimbus Horny Mushroom

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    Perú
    GrayNimbus
    Corsair
    Nimbus
    Hey! Thanks for the quick response.
    Of course I've read your guides! I definitely knew that if I wanted to actually make an optimal corsair, I would've had to create one from scratch, considering your calculations for every HP range (your second try on a character in an MMO is ALWAYS better than the first one). And I definitely will do that if I see that I want to stay in this server for the long haul. Thanks for the cwpq tip; I was planning to build the ´sair on a separate account if it came to that, but that actually changes things dramatically.

I was never expecting to reach the HP wash goal now. I totally agree that Pumping AP resets and Lvup AP into INT right now would be completely stupid; which is why part of my questions were about using gear that gives me HP in order to circumvent a lot of those washes.

Let's say I pump INT right now so that I can lvup with 70-80 INT until lv150 (So around 1 wash per 2 levels for 70 levels --> 35 washes).
    This is, of course, not enough HP on its own to reach any treshold --> Its just around 630 extra HP only. But it is still something that I can do to get some HP boost.
    But now, let's add some equips to help me out:

-Ravana Helm: +60HP

-Black Fist Cloack: ~+300HP

-MoN: ~+300HP (Transferable to new Corsair)

-Ellin Ring: +100HP

-Monster book ring tier 10: +1000 HP

-At least 1 pet with a decently scrolled Equip for HP: ~+100 HP (Transferable to new Corsair if on same accs)

That equates to: +1860 HP thanks to equips only. And I can get 2 other pets if needed for some extra 100HP each, or some 10 DEX Fallen Leaf Earrings if I really needed those extra 20-25HP.

Wouldn't that be enough for me to reach some respectable level of HP (5.6k, lets say) for lv150? And what about lvs 160-170 if I decide to HP wash for some extra lvs?

It is definitely true that my first Corsair wouldn't go to waste, because of the experience factor, and I am already beyond the halfway point to reaching lv120 to give up on that now. But I at least want to know if I can still make it viable HP with the help of HP equips.

4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    If you are not going to reach 7.2k clean HP (without HP equips) there is no point in washing because even if you get all the hp equips you still won't be able to do toad / verga.

For every other boss you can still do them with hyperbody without washing.

You won't be able to do something like horntail 100% efficiently, but you will be able to survive.

There is a reason that HP washing is *optional* on maplelegends. There is a lot of best in slot gear that adds HP that lets you do almost all the content.

By the way, MoN is untradable and not transferable. However, I reccomend that you eventually get both MoN and HTP. MoN gives you more damage against easy bosses you can just cannon, whereas HTP gives you more defense/ avoid which allows you to deal more damage against harder bosses that attack back (in these situations HTP outperforms MoN).

5. OP
    OP
    Nimbus

Nimbus Horny Mushroom

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    Perú
    GrayNimbus
    Corsair
    Nimbus
    Well, that is fine I guess. I could still do Toad/Vergamot with my DK, so I would only be losing content for 2 bosses with my Corsair.

And I'll see what I can do to survive a Horntail run (if I ever get to that BEFORE creating my new Gunslinger).

Thanks for the tip on MoN/HTP. Definitely will be getting both then.

6. Diego

Diego Capt. Latanica

Jun 7, 2015
    As someone who picked gunslinger as his 1st character in this server all I could say is:

1. Just as in your case, I started playing slinger cause I never did it before. I was sick of playing warrior (used to play fighter in gms and other private server) so I needed a change. The state of the server was way different (I joined 1 month after official release) so all the stuff we have now wasn't readily available [This is just for context don't take it as a complaint I don't care]

2. I was blissfully ignorant about HP washing and "endgame" content so I went for the normal build for my gunslinger. It wasn't easy to reach third job but I looked it more like a goal that I eventually would reach rather than "ugh 1st, 2nd job are boring, skip" gunslingers while not powerful compared to other classes have a variety of skills and the fun of playing them -for me- is transitioning through all of them: from double shot to invisible shot to triple shot/summons to finally battleship the other mobility skills and summons are cool too (except grenade, f*ck grenade)

3. Leveling does get tiring and difficult. Fortunately now Maple Legends has a variety of maps/areas one can explore and get decent exp beside the "meta" areas when you are a fresh 3rd job outlaw (magatia/thailand to name some). The hardest point is lvl 100 onwards because it gets annoyingly slow and you have to start hunting for bosses like Headless Horseman and as an unwashed outlaw that can be difficult. I'd say that is the only point where leeching could be an option if you are eager to get your sweet battleship. I certainly leeched from 110 or so until 120.

4. It gets better once you pass 130. I started hunting bigfoot at lvl 130 I think sairs are one of the earliest ranged classes that can bf in a reasonable timeframe ~15 min with less-than-stellar gear. I certainly did witha 93 att gun and ciders. That was the fastest levels I got since beginner/1st job LOL. Might be more difficult now of course due to the greater playerbase. By 140 you can start alternating BF with other bosses like zak/pap and now ravana.

5. Boat mechanics is something that you will have to figure out yourself. I read countless guides but it takes some practice and of course levels to get there. Just don't give up because you feel frustrated or inferior than other classes. You'll get there. Protip: stack on safety charms hehe.

6. At the end of the day, what matters is that you enjoy what you are doing and the interaction/frienship you experience in game. If you wanna be the most efficient/optimal and have the highest HP/gear benchmark...so be it, but you should now that there's nothing wrong with not following that path and doing things in game for its own sake and not in terms of effectiveness.

I hope you enjoy your corsair life with all its highs and lows, keep this class alive <3

7. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    If you're patient and willing to dump a ton of NX, then I don't think it's too late for that Sair.

You could reset to 80 int, then on every level you can pump 5 AP into MP, then take that out of MP into either more int or into dex.

If you do that from 80-140 at 80 base int, it'll net you 30 MP per level from MP washes and 8 MP from having 80 int. With a some int from gear that'll give you about 3k extra HP. In total you'd be around ~6,400 HP at that point, and it would cost about 1.4mil NX to do all of those MP washes and HP washes.

If you reach 100 base int, then it'd be even more. You'd gain around 50 MP per level from MP washes and from regular MP gain. It'd net you an extra ~3.9k HP so you'd be able to reach around 7.3k at the cost of 1.53mil NX.

120 int and it'd eventually get you 4,800 more HP so you'd be well above 8k HP at the cost of 1.67mil NX.

Higher int can be done but it'd come with the eventual cost of reseting all of that int out, which can be a real killer. Super high int is only optimal if you plan on creating a monster tank of a ranged class with 15k+ HP. These numbers are just ballpark numbers but at the same time there's no reason you can't MP wash to 160 or even further. 80-120 int isn't too detrimental to playing a character either, but past 120 int it starts to be real apparent. And if you only plan on leveling every 3 days or so it's fine to do, as you'll always have the NX to add MP -> remove MP upon each level up.

8. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    6:06 PM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    Hi, can you elaborate on the "bypass entry restrictions"?

9. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    You can only do cwkpq twice per day.

But this limit is on a per character basis. You can only cwkpq twice per day per character.

So if you have two characters on teh same account, you can cwkpq on one twice, then cwkpq twice on the other, and you can cwkpq 4 times per day. Hence, bypass 2 times per day limit.

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Nimbus

Nimbus Horny Mushroom

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    Perú
    GrayNimbus
    Corsair
    Nimbus
    Yeah, I was thinking about doing this, but then I really found it too much of a commitment to amass so much NX and level up so slowly to avoid the cons of pumping so much AP into INT. I honestly don't mind dumping a lot of NX, but at this point I might just HP wash normally with 70-80 INT (with equips) and just get good HP gear that can help me reach that 6k-7k goal. If I have to do it with 3 pets with some good HP scrolling, so be it. If I get locked into having to scroll HP equips to a godlike state, so be it. But the thing is I realized I absolutely lose the love for this game once it gets too tryhard with HP washing. Being 100% honest, playing ANY other game in my PC or console is more fun than trying to amass hundreds of millions of mesos, MONTHS worth of NX and 100+ levels of having a character in an almost unplayable state (meaning, I have to leech it or bust). Warriors or Mages I can absolutely handle. But HP washing a ranged DPS class is just too much commitment to this game for me (at least for now).

I guess I am really going to follow Akash's tip to just do what I can with this Corsair and create a new one IF I see that I'm in too deep with this game.

11. OP
    OP
    Nimbus

Nimbus Horny Mushroom

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    Perú
    GrayNimbus
    Corsair
    Nimbus
    Right now with the event leveling up isn't going to be that bad! But yeah, I'll still probably leech from 110 to 120 as much as I can. Been saving some money for that for a while. I will actually just take advantage of it and try to reach Corsair ASAP and train on using those skills.

Thanks for all the tips <3

12. OP
    OP
    Nimbus

Nimbus Horny Mushroom

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    Perú
    GrayNimbus
    Corsair
    Nimbus
    UPDATE
    So, after a full month of posting this blog, my Outlaw finally became a Corsair. As I'm writing this, he's lv125. My total HP is 4841 right now, thanks to Elling Ring, Monster Ring Tier 3, MoN & some other gear that give me minimal extra HP (clean HP is 4268).

What I did is to progressively add INT until I managed to lvup with 160-170 INT (Depending if I get MW20 at level up), with my base INT being 80 right now. From 81 to 85, I only could lv up with 80 INT (1 wash per 2 levels), then 90, then 110 INT. That is until I hit a big jump to 160-170 INT, at lv 109, thanks to the help of all the friends I am playing with. Without their gear, I would not be able to keep progressing with at least 1 wash per lv guaranteed and would just lvup with 110 INT instead or would be obligated to stop playing this character for weeks in order to keep adding into base INT. This event has been perfect for washing all that HP quickly and without much waiting. And thanks to some good gear I managed to get (5 att MoN, 96 att Concerto, a +7 Red Belly Duke with +11 STR and +16 DEX, +10 DEX earrings, +10 DEX shoes, 10 att Work Gloves), my damage is pretty decent.

According to my calculations (as shown below), I should be able to finish all my HP washes until LV 155 and reach a grand total of 5544 clean HP (all HP numbers assume an average of 20HP gain per wash and per lvup), which should be enough to enjoy Zak, Papulatus & Pianus runs w/o HB and probably HT with HB once I get my Tier 10 Ring and some other HP equips.

upload_2020-6-13_18-27-36.png

However, it seems that A LOT of my friends (around 7-9 people) are already planning to stay with this game long term, since they have reached 4th job pretty quickly. Now that I am truly convinced I will be playing this game at least until the end of the year to enjoy the content, I also made some calculations concerning MP washing until lv155.

The idea is: since my HP is decent enough now so as to survive all the bosses I will most likely be fighting from lvs 120-155, I could start pumping all my 5 AP during my next 30 levels into MP, and then resetting them back to DEX so I don't lose damage - Thanks Alyosha for the tip!. Continue doing this until lv155, which would net me +1641 extra MP (assuming I level up with 170 INT and keep my base INT at 80, which both could be subject to improvements). Then, just AP reset all my INT into HP; that way I can get that HP bonus inmediately, while ALSO resetting my INT back to base. And FINALLY, gradually HP wash all those stats back to DEX to enjoy MW20 boosts on my damage.

On the sheet, the NX needed to reset all the INT back to base isn't calculated, but MP + HP washes are; and it would take 134 days of voting to so (or 145 days, if I only do one of the two 12 hour votes per day). With the Golden Gachas still available, Spring Festival coins being able to be turned into AP resets, the NX drops from mobs, CWPQ rewards and other possible events/pqs down the road, I can hopefully shrink this number.

It is also not shown on the sheet, but I still got a lot of possible extra HP avenues to work with (7 more tiers of the Monster Book Ring, BlackFist Cloack, Ravana Helmet, 3 pets with HP equips, some fallen leaf earrings/sword earrings that I plan to scroll for 10+ DEX, etc.), which can take that 7044 clean HP into the high 8000's by lv155, and I would be able to enjoy all the ML content avaiable further down the line, as long as I get HB. Having said that, I don't think I'll make a new Corsair in the future, which, while a sincere and helpful suggestion from Akash - thanks for your HP wash and Corsair guides, by the way!- it was something I wanted to avoid at all costs.

I want to thank all of the people who responded to my post, and anyone who had the patience to read both my initial post and this gigantic reply. All your suggestions, harsh or light, helped me realize I needed to do something NOW to fix my character. Just 5 levels into Corsair and I can't wait to start maxing out all the 4th job skills. Finally, my character doesn't suck DPS-wise. Now I just need to make sure it doesn't suck on the HP department either.

Attached Files:

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1