1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

How much to save for Meso explosion

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Jeffrey Ong, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Jeffrey Ong

Jeffrey Ong Mano

Jan 9, 2020
    Male
    8:44 AM
    Hello, sorry if this is a stupid question... I’ve never made a chief bandit before.

I plan on Meso exploding now that I have my third job. Only thing is, I’m unfunded but managed to save up around $33 mil... if I plan on Meso exploding at Himes starting at 70, how far would this get me?

I also plan on getting Zakum service for $15 mil... so also curious how far I could get with just $15 mil for Meso exploding or if other unfunded CBs have considered doing Meso explode up to a certain point and then BoT the rest? Any advice is appreciated :D

thanks in advance!

2. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    9:44 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    what a way to burn money

3. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    5:44 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    It takes 478 million exp to go from 80 to 120.

Himes are fast but Forest of Towers is much faster, and for about the same meso/exp cost as well. Should be about .3 mesos/exp at either place if I remember right. If you do explode the whole way, then it would take somewhere in the ballpark of 140mil to get to 120.

Going from 80 to 110 will only be about half as much though, like 75mil in total. The last 10 levels get expensive, so from 100+ I'd mix in some regular grinding at Gallos as well. Or farm Night Ghosts. At that point Petris leech competes for fast exp.

33mil could get you to around 98 or 99. 15mil will get you to like 90.

4. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    Shadower, I/L Arch Mage, Bandit
    Hey, congrats on third job.
    Sorry I can't help you with exact numbers here, but I will say that trying to using Meso Explosion at Himes pretty much requires you to have meso guard (unless you've hp washed) otherwise you'll be dying a lot. Even having 1 point in meso guard makes a huge difference, so you gotta be lvl 71+ so you can have both ME and MG.

While I don't know the numbers, I do know 15mil is definitely not enough to get you to a high enough level where you can just grind after you run out of money. If you are gonna go the meso explosion route, you'll be pumping all your points to the skill (aside for the 1 in meso guard) so you can maximize your damage (literally more bang for your buck). This means you will have no points in BoT, which you need to have at a high level to even be usable. BoT only starts hitting 6 mobs at lvl 21 so it'll be rough if you're out of money and have a low lvl BoT.

Here's some suggested way to go about this:

Go about this with your initial plan with exploding at himes, but just know you will likely have to farm for item/make money in between leveling since you're likely drain that 15mil you got saved up.

Go with the BoT route and save up that money. Sure BoT is much slower, and quite honestly painful in the beginning (you can only hit 2 mobs -.-), but you can continually grind without worrying about going completely broke.

Just put one point on Meso Guard and one on Meso Explosion, then max out BoT afterwards. I don't really recommend this since you actually lose a lot in terms of damage output for meso explosion. But with this, you can blow up at himes and hopefully it will get you to a high enough level where BoT is usable. You can essentially go back and forth between leveling with BoT and leveling with ME when you have the money.

One last tip I have is from one of the Shadower guides: Don't waste all your money on leveling with ME. Getting to lvl 120 and having no money for decent equips is honestly not fun. Even if you speed level to fourth job, your basically stuck there since you can't afford equips that'll give you decent damage. Best of luck to ya!

5. OP
    OP
    Jeffrey Ong

Jeffrey Ong Mano

Jan 9, 2020
    Male
    Thanks for all the very good advice! I very much appreciate it (it’s these things that I don’t come across in guides that say Meso explode as much as possible etc etc).

Yeah, I think the plan for me is to probably Meso explode the first few levels and then grind in between to farm items and make some more mesos. At a higher level, I’ll probably consider leeching where it makes sense or full on grind since Meso explosion will start to get really pricey and I do want to start having mesos for 4th job equips (hopefully I get a chaos or white scroll from gach one day :3 LOL).

If anyone else has handy tips, happy to hear them... wondering also whether I should prioritize leveling via ME when I can (after I put points in shakra to get one point in ME) or getting a zak helm which I still don’t have lol. Thank you everyone!!

6. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Hi there. I just got a CB and blew my way through 7F (the shaolin map). Right now I spend around 30k a wave and get around 2-3% a wave, which is not too bad. I would recommend not meso exploding until you max meso explosion if you want to save money. I've probably blown through around 10mil leveling from 70 -> 90 at 7f.

Highly recommend Tim's guide on how to play bandit, he even has a section on how to level if you're unfunded: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/blus-full-guide-for-shadowers.26735/

7. OP
    OP
    Jeffrey Ong

Jeffrey Ong Mano

Jan 9, 2020
    Male
    Thanks for the tips Mirrors!

So, another nubby question from me... 7F and Forest of Towers are two different things right? Is there any consensus as to which one is more worth it to Meso explode at? I now have maxed ME and also a few points in Meso guard...

My plan is to probably level here once in a while and trying to grind and merch items so that I’m not totally broke by 4th job. Thank you!!

8. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    I personally prefer 7F but I recommend you try both out and see which on you like more! I think Tim also goes over which one is better in his guide (exp wise)~

9. Xydan

Xydan Chronos

Feb 1, 2019
    Male
    Xydan
    I don't know if this is actually true. I almost solely ME'd my way to 120, and I don't think I spent close to 500mil. For one thing, Hime is usually cost neutral, since you can recoup the mesos spent bombing by selling the dex earring scrolls and equips/etc. And bombing at FoT is shockingly fast. I was averaging 33mil eph with a good priest, and it cost me around 5.5 mil an hour.