1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

KoukiMarket - A searchable trading platform

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chew, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    2:35 PM
    Beginner
    [​IMG]

I'm glad to present KoukiMarket V0.1, an unofficial trading platform made for the community of MapleLegends.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    To make "Add item" remember character name and discord username, please see "How to do".

If you want to help with this project, then please take a look in "How can I help?".

All suggestion and feedback are ofcourse very welcome!

I'm glad you asked, there are a few hurdles I need to overcome for this project to reach it's final stage.
    Since google forms doesn't support Captchas, they can be spammed if someone wanted to. Which is why I'm looking to host the google form on a website to allow a captcha. However, I don't know anything about coding websites or hosting, so if you are knowledgeable in this area and want to help me out, please let me know!
    I need lists of the following items:
    • Etc items
    • Use items
    Preferably, I'd want them split in categories (Scrolls, return scrolls, potions and so on)

1. You add an item using the link provided above
    2. That item is now sent to the searchable spreadsheet, which can be found using the link above
    3. By typping "CTRL + F" in the spreadsheet, you will be able to search for the item your looking for, or search for a specific persons items
    4. You can make the form remember your name by using this link
      docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf8lpfU8DZJktmUX14jJCedk6rJqHmSgpQX-PuQlPmiaCaS2g/viewform?entry.1760535530=Kouki&entry.325666658=Kouki%238517&entry.1729187198&entry.899813717=1&entry.1848740230=Scroll
      And replacing the bold parts with you character name and discord name.
      In URL hashtag=%23

V0.1 - Alpha (Only support scrolls at the moment)

Forum: Chew
    IGN: Kouki
    Discord: Kouki#8517

Credits:
    • GranbergGranberg - Graphics (Isn't that banner awesome!)
    • ChewChew - Creating this project

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    5:35 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    How would the KoukiMarket be updated?

The biggest issue I see is that some of the items listed may already be sold.

3. OP
    OP
    Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Items are added automaticly when you click send on the formula.
    As for the project I will personally be updating everything.

Ofcourse, but I believe this is a minor issue since:
    • You have a timestamp for when the item was put up, so you can always ask the person if the item is still for sale :)
    • I plan to add a script that deletes items that are more than 7 days old, to keep the items fresh.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  4. OP
    OP
    Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Bump, so far KoukiMarket is not being used.
    Can anyone give me some feedback?

5. jacupe

jacupe Red Snail

May 31, 2017
    Male
    I think it's a pretty neat concept and while the project is still in the beginning stages, I'm always down for an alternative to spending nx on owls MapleF3 I wanted to suggest perhaps adding a column for FM shop locations if applicable to the seller? And maybe right next to that there could be a column that shows when that persons shop is expected to expire so people know which shops have probably timed out or not grinmush

6. OP
    OP
    Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    I could add that, but you would have to fill that out in the form every time you add an item.

How about an additional textbox where people can write whatever info they think is important for their item?

EDIT: Just sold my first item thanks to this project :)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  7. jacupe

jacupe Red Snail

May 31, 2017
    Male
    Yeah, I think that'd work :thumbsup:

8. OP
    OP
    Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Should be added now :sack:

9. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    I'm gonna check this out later when I get home, but from the looks of it on my phone it looks amazing. Great work ChewChew.

10. rinnedev

rinnedev Horny Mushroom

Jun 3, 2017
    Male
    7:35 AM
    RlNNEGAN
    Assassin
    That is a very clever use of those applications, nice work! You'll need some kind of SQLite browser to import that list of equips.

Is the current scroll list just in the google form as a list of drop down options or is it coming from a database?

11. Alva7

Alva7 Mushmom

May 31, 2017
    8:35 AM
    Deifel
    Crossbowman
    Inmortales
    I think that this is an excellent concept! I have to give you my congratulation.
    The only thing i would add is that if you change the format from the price cells to number format, it 'll look even better. Thanks for your idea and your effort.

12. OP
    OP
    Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Thanks! It's okay, I cleaned it up in excel :)

It's not coming from a database right now, but it could just as well do that.

Yes. That's an issue I'm aware of. The problem is that when the data is moved all formation inside the sheet is lost.
    I'm working on a solution, using a script that copies everything into a second sheet so we can have some formatting.

13. coowings

coowings Mano

Jun 25, 2017
    Female
    8:35 PM
    ErosDOT
    Brawler
    Aquila
    Awesome work! Admittedly I don't have much to sell nor do I possess the knowledge of item prices at the moment, but I was wondering if it's alright if I added items I see on sale from other players' shops? Although that may create the issue of inaccurate recording of time stamp...I have a tendency to go through each player stores (whenever possible) and update myself on various item price so I thought I could help pool pricing information at least.

14. OP
    OP
    Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Sure. You can do that :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    I'm both sad and happy to announce that KoukiMarket is retired.

The reason for this is that a much greater solution is in the works.

If anyone who sees this post in the future and have questions about this solution, then you are welcome to send me a message.

Mods may close this thread!

~RETIRED~

• Like Like x 1
  16. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    Thanks for all your hard work ChewChew -- can't wait until rinnedevrinnedev fully launches his!