1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Macintosh MAC Big Sur with M1 macbook

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Floris, Dec 30, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    12:48 PM
    Hi

Making a new thread about this since the downgrade to Mojave is not an option in order to play MapleLegends on the new M1 MacBooks, as the OS is not supported.
    In this thread the suggestion of CrossOver was made by MottoMotto, has anyone done this who can help me out?

By installing Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 into the 'bottle' I was able to get the game installer to work, but no luck so far on getting the actual client to work.

Any help is much appreciated <3

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    There is a list of requisites that must be installed, like on Wine iirc.
    Maybe NiseNise can tell you the various packages used in the Wineskin properties... I remember talking once with Lily (old ML dev) and she gave me a list of dependencies... but I don't have the discord chat with her anymore ;(

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
  5. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    8:48 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    It is similar indeed, but we at MapleLegends can't in good conscience recommend that method, since it does need you to disable some core system protection measures.

If you choose to go that route, I'm afraid it's all at your own risk and we, MapleLegends, won't be liable for any damages or issues caused from your own independent action of disabling your SIP or any other related actions.

6. OP
    OP
    Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    thanks for the reply, but at that point in time I already found a way without disabling SIP and made a guide about it :). I agree one should NOT disable SIP, luckily its not necessary!