1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make a new game forget ML.

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by thewayman, Aug 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thewayman

thewayman Horny Mushroom

Sep 21, 2019
    Male
    11:19 AM
    TheWayMan
    Dragon Knight
    This might be the hardest pill to swallow because well we all know not everything last forever. The reasoning behind me saying this is that when I think about money, time, and investment like with the updates and roadmap I strongly disagree with how much effort you'd put into something that can get shut down tomorrow. I will say I know a lot people will get triggered at this concept but hey that's just ML sometimes. Like those people who buy WS for 120m or lower haha.

The recommendation is that you make a new game. You have the resources and you'd have the money if you made a goal and everything on that one website all those lame game companies use. I have seen people give millions to games that haven't come out for many years.

Why not just make a game?
    That way you never have to work about getting shut down and you make a business you put effort into a life style, you would make a lot of money doing it just look at how big MS was in old school.
    And don't no one hit me with that they will stay forever bull crap, no one can promise it will stay forever which is sad but I will keep playing I love the community and love the guild I am in. Very nice.

My question is to the owners and coders/staff why not make it? I'm sure if this whole community put our might together and came together we could make a game 100x better than Old school maple and it would be legit. Neckson can't do anything, as long as we don't straight out copy the game I think.

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts, I personally would throw so much money at a new game, the only reason I don't donate to the server is just I don't want it to get shut down the next day because someone forgets to use a VPN and Neckson finds them.. lol.

I hope no one takes offense to this, I know some will but surely we have all thought that one day that someone would make a game like MapleStory I don't know I can't be the only one. Anyways thanks for the time

-TWM

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. PandaOnPanda

PandaOnPanda Timer

Jun 29, 2019
    12:19 PM
    PandaOn___
    Paladin, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    Homies
    “Just make a game/app/program how hard could it be” - people who don’t know how to develop a game/app/program

• Agree Agree x 10
  3. postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    9:19 AM
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    I mean, this is kind of a strange place to ask for a new game to be made. I personally play and enjoy MapleLegends because I enjoyed v62 Maple and am playing for the nostalgia. I know a lot of other players are just here to get their nostalgia kick too, not to experience something new.

And sure, making a new game might be profitable, but not everyone wants to monetize their hobby.

This isn't to say I wouldn't play a MMORPG similar to Maple if it came out, but rather that I think asking the current staff to put their time & effort towards a different kind of creative project entirely might be misreading their motivations for why they currently work on MapleLegends.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. nadnerb

nadnerb Blue Snail

Jul 12, 2020
    Nerb
    Dragon Knight
    [​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    1:19 AM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    I am unsure if your general feelings is mutual with the majority of the community as most came to Legends to relive the nostalgia that it gives in the first place. Also from my perspective as a game designer, i kinda feel that you are kinda underestimating the cost, manpower, time, and resources needed to produce a game.

Personally, your concerns with donations on the server is fine but i'd make a point that Legends would not have survived for the past 5 years if every player or past donor held the same thoughts. On another note, i'd find it incomprehensible that Neckson would be unaware of servers like ours, royals, or saga. The only reason why no further action is taken is because the servers do not severely impact the profits of Neckson so much as to warrant a cease and desist order.

6. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    poggers thesmartman very nice idea 10/10 i agree

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    At this point I think I could see Neckson or Maple dying in some way before Legends does.

There's a lot of work involved in both maintaining Legends with new events and moderating the game that developing something new would be a very large challenge, and I don't think many of the folks on staff are willing to put in the full work days of effort over a long period to create a completely new game. Some put in so much effort already(Thank them and show your appreciation where you can, everyone is just a volunteer SlimeLaugh) but they also lead lives of their own with jobs and friends and family. It's a very tall order that would lead to some neglect in some areas and burnout in others.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    12:19 AM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    it's very easy to create a new game just need to drag and drop to make. i use wix to make mine

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  9. Winnie

Winnie Timer

Feb 22, 2020
    12:19 AM
    Bishop
    -
    I like the idea of making a new game like Maplestory , just like Maplestory 2

Oh wait...
    F

10. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    10:19 AM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    u don't have to play this game tho

11. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    1:19 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I dont think that was the point OP was trying to get at...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    12:19 PM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Moved to rejected.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    thewayman

thewayman Horny Mushroom

Sep 21, 2019
    Male
    11:19 AM
    TheWayMan
    Dragon Knight
    Reject it all you want, in the end when this server is done you will ask yourselves "What did we accomplish in the end"?
    The guy who made unreal ludi maplestory it took him not that long haha, to think something is hard is a simple term you limit yourself to one server, to one game, to one concept and you will never grow.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.