1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Making HP Washing Truly Optional - a Solution

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Skuire, Apr 25, 2021.

Do you think implementing this system would be good for the future of MapleLegends?

1. Yes

250 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. Maybe

30 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. eliyuh

eliyuh Mushmom

Apr 22, 2021
    Male
    12:30 PM
    Go sit outside KPQ for like an hour lmao.

• Like Like x 5
  2. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    1:30 PM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    LOL, what can I say now? Seems you're kidding me.
    Actually, if you really want I can search and send you many screenshots of conversations I had with members since I started playing from my VERY RESTRICT (maybe 10 active players?) brazilian guild. Now imagine considering all the community.
    But before you ask me to search (I don't really want to because it's obvious), check the conversation with below this video:
    (55) [MapleLegends] Pink Bean Blu301 run. Marskman Toon 187 wins PB chair - YouTube
    Translate if you want.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    9:30 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    If new players are quitting because of a toxic community that says they're scuffing their character then that's on the community. I have no clue how anyone can think that a level 3x assassin can be scuffed by that point, really it just shows how smoothbrain the community is about washing and that most folks give terrible advice.

I did a self-funded, minimal leech(117-120...), 120 int(slowly added) corsair, and currently he sits at level 132 with roughly 5mil DPM fully buffed. He did not receive any help from my past characters and successfully bought a HTP without needing Hyper Body and dying 0 times(also stole 2 million exp because I was attacking nearly the whole time). If the only way you're willing to think about washing is to preach that you need 200-300 int and leeching the whole way then you're just continuing to make the server more toxic. It's entirely viable to start ranged character first on this server and anyone who says otherwise just proves how little they tried.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. IHealForYou

IHealForYou King Slime

Jan 16, 2021
    Male
    6:30 PM
    LegendKnight, IHealForYou
    Dark Knight
    Losers
    I guess this shows how little I know

5. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Are you telling me you're still in KPQ levels and arguing about HP washing?

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Shmoo

Shmoo Horny Mushroom

Oct 16, 2020
    Male
    Shmoo
    Warrior
    I think you are out of touch. It’s not really conceivable to me that you haven’t encountered new players quitting over washing unless you just don’t interact with new players at all. Personally I have 2 friends who quit because of washing but if you want actual written evidence:

Player who quit because of washing:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/mapleserve...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Player who never joined because of washing:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/mapleserve...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Can you please provide me some evidence of someone who quit right after they achieved their HP goal? It seems more likely they would probably stick around for other goals like perfecting all their equips.

• Like Like x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    You realize that intent is something that's nearly impossible to prove and that my point was one of facetiousness? How about misinformation about HP washing as the reason behind new players quitting? How about people wanting instant gratification as the motive behind quitting? How about people who just find this game to be not a good fit for them as a motive to quit? Or the toxic community that is perpetuating this notion that this game must be played a certain way?

People quit for a lot of reasons. If people are quitting because they find HP washing to be long and tedious, how can a suggestion that is supposedly more inefficient and more tedious one that will ensure people to stick around? Not to mention, you seem to have glazed over the last however many pages where we've shown examples that HP washing isn't even a hard requirement until late game, yet people are moving the goal posts to have access to HP washing from as early as 3rd job?

8. eliyuh

eliyuh Mushmom

Apr 22, 2021
    Male
    LOL, you'd have to be braindead or joking to interpret it like this, but judging by your other comments it's hard to tell. I've done KPQ 21-31 on about 6 different chars so far and most of the time you'll witness someone learning about HP washing, whether if be realistic info or some sweat telling them they need to start pumping 200 int ASAP. Most of the time the player gets discouraged to keep going.

• Like Like x 1
  9. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    No shit. Can you read what has been said above? The notion that you have to pump 200 int is wrong. This is the fault of the community, not the mechanic of washing as a whole. So when people quit at lvl 30 even before they get to any end game content, is this the fault of washing, or is it the fault of people spreading lies on the hardline requirements of this game?

10. eliyuh

eliyuh Mushmom

Apr 22, 2021
    Male
    Can you read the comment that you quoted? I'll dumb it down for you.

I've witnessed players getting discouraged by both. Why do you think literally every other prebb server on gtop advertises "no hp wash" above all else?

11. Esmo

Esmo Pac Pinky

Nov 8, 2019
    Male
    7:30 PM
    Esmo
    Beginner
    UpperLeveL
    guys just stop it’s just a mushroom game

• Like Like x 1
  12. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Can you explain to me what 'realistic info' is? Do you not realize that you've been exemplifying clear signs of misinformation regarding HP washing requirements this entire thread?

Also, where does Legends advertise no hp wash?

13. eliyuh

eliyuh Mushmom

Apr 22, 2021
    Male
    Realistic info would go along the lines of casual washing. Basically what Alyosha did on his Sair.
    I meant to say every other server. Aside from the top 2 prebbs every other server advertises no washing above all other features. There's a reason for it. When people quit Legends cuz of washing where do you think they go?

14. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    So in your eyes, the top two servers with the biggest populations that feature HP washing as optional should bend to the will of a small subset of players that want something else? Do you understand that - at its core - this is what you're asking for?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. IHealForYou

IHealForYou King Slime

Jan 16, 2021
    Male
    LegendKnight, IHealForYou
    Dark Knight
    Losers
    I don't think people want to spread lies and misinformation on purpose. They just don't know, but they talk about it with the people around them, it's the blind leading the blind, not toxicity.

Maby the best solution to HP washing problems is an HP washing information info page on the website/discord so that people can be well informed by a credible source. Make info about HP washing easy to find and trustworthy so that all the ignorance and the bad effects (people quitting) that come from this ignorance can go away.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Useful Useful x 2
  16. eliyuh

eliyuh Mushmom

Apr 22, 2021
    Male
    Are you trying to say the success of the 2 servers is solely built off of hp washing? LOL
    I'm not even saying to remove it or to do what the other servers did, this is just to show you, even further, how wrong you are to say people don't quit cuz of washing...

You could say that idiotic statement about almost every update this server has had.

"So in your eyes, the top two servers with the biggest populations that feature no skill changes, should bend to the will of a small subset of players that want skill changes? Do you understand that - at its core - this is what you're asking for?"
    "So in your eyes, the top two servers with the biggest populations that feature vote 2 win, should bend to the will of a small subset of players that don't want vote to win? Do you understand that - at its core - this is what you're asking for?"

17. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Do you read with your feet?

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  18. Teaddict

Teaddict Mushmom

Jan 17, 2020
    Female
    Kamairi
    Hero
    RIP this thread. lol...

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. orbus

orbus Red Snail

Mar 16, 2020
    Page
    I think -ovv needs to start listening to what other people are saying, because at this point it's basically him telling everyone else they're wrong.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. damon182

damon182 Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2021
    Male
    SendMeDOGE
    Shadower
    I think this is actually one of the best, most practical and easiest solutions. It could be as simple as having a HP washing calculator or something on the ML homepage or library. I can only speak for myself on this but I'd assume many others did this also; while ML is downloading, I went and looked through some stuff in the library. If I saw an HP washing calculator there, I'd probably become curious and look up what it is, and by the time ML was done downloading I'd probably already have a good understanding of washing before I ever made my first character.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1