1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Making towns / Henesys more alive

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kimmy, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Tony Wu

Tony Wu Red Snail

Mar 11, 2020
    11:19 PM
    Good Point. Henesys PQ is a very good way to level from 10-20 like KPQ from 20-30. I think the main problem is the npc is kind of hidden. Maybe bringing the bunny to the center of the town will gather more traffic like KPQ does.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    How about addition of the dimensional mirror for party quest lobby warping?

https://global.hidden-street.net/npc/dimensional-mirror

not entirely CuStoM because it entered GMS around bigbang time. Have it be able to warp players directly to party quest lobbies (eos tower 101, PPQ, MPQ on both sides, etc). Some PQs are dead because of the travel distance, and this would help bridge that gap, and people might slowly congregate to ch1 henesys.

this doesn’t really incentivize 120+ players though. maybe a little farfetched but you could also throw in pap, zak, ravana, whatever to allow players to more easily find bossing partners in ch1 henesys.

I personally find travelling a giant waste of time, but others might find it nostalgic.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. sadf2000

sadf2000 Snail

Mar 2, 2021
    9:19 AM
    The game incentivizes going to different places and to grind and level up, its rather in direct contradiction to get people to idle around in Henesys. A solution should support the player in their goals (which is: git gud).

Some ideas:
    - Less channel dilution: Half the amount of channels, but double the amount of minidungeons (somehow?) to compensate for lost grinding spots
    - Compensate for staying around: Maybe just like in World of warcraft, give players a rested exp bonus for staying in henesys for longer than 15 minutes
    - Make it a boss hogging spot: Add one new high hp but low damage rare boss to henesys that gives useful drops

I'd shy away from any solution that takes away from the classic ms feel, like long travel distances. I think they add a lot to the experience.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Almighty404

Almighty404 Red Snail

Jul 31, 2017
    Female
    4:19 PM
    I really like this suggestion. If it worked for WoW, perhaps it'll work for Legends. I'm in favour of just the XP buff.

I'm an advocate for nostalgia, so I don't think we should do anything TOO drastic at first.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sentreddr

Sentreddr Snail

Apr 3, 2021
    4:19 PM
    Zanamas
    Warrior
    Dimensional door

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
  6. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    2:19 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    probably not a good idea but....

remove tax rates when trading in henesy :D

• Like Like x 9
    • Creative Creative x 3
  7. map1enoobie

map1enoobie Slime

Nov 10, 2017
    Male
    MAP1ENOOBIE
    Hunter
    Ohana
    Bring NLC potions to the potion shop in henesys. I remember hanging out at the potion shop a lot back in GMS.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 4
  8. jshyy

jshyy Timer

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    kshyy
    Outlaw
    One possible approach is encouraging Lvl.10-30 to participate in Henesys Party Quest. You could boost the exp reward for that specific level range, or add a similar system to EPQ where you could upgrade the Rice Cake Hat. Maybe the upgraded hat could give +1 random stat and some hp?

• Like Like x 2
  9. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    remove warp to fm and replace with warp to henesys

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 4
    • Disagree x 4
    • Great Work x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  10. INSAINRUSSIA

INSAINRUSSIA Horny Mushroom

May 27, 2020
    Male
    2:19 AM
    Alistar
    I/L Arch Mage
    Arcane
    To make heneseys more popular, i sould experement by trying, the following.

1. Every minute spent in heneses will grant the player 10nx vote cash.

Snails and the other monsters in heneseys hunting grounds have a 0.001 percent chance of dropping maple warrior 30, white scroll, or something good.

3. Reduce to just 1 channel. It would be an interesting, challenging, and fun experiance.

Member getting kill stealed by ice lightning mages at hunting ground 1 back in the day(2005)? It motivated me to want to become stronger lol.

• Disagree Disagree x 13
  11. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    3:19 AM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    mmm i know this is not a good question but anyways im going to ask because i feel focusing on this is a non-sense because that henesys nostalgia players quit at lv 50:

"Why making henesys a populate place will make this server better?"

I think this doesnt provide a real productive value to the server in fact you re attending to the proposal of people that im sure they didnt explored all the content of the game at all, i know nostalgia its a drug that makes the server go on wheels but whats the reasoning of doing this at the end? it will balance the economy?, it will fix the actual server issues? or at least it gives at least something to do for the general community?.

In my reasoning meanwhile you progress on the game im sure henesys it's not the place you will be. in fact the free market button it's there to put the community together and thats a MapleLegends feature, so in my thoughts its not really nessesary. or at least do a survey of the ppl that actually ask staff about this. because its for sure the ppl that have this trouble on them are just nostalgists that didnt really explored the server at all.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Alias

Alias Snail

Feb 17, 2021
    Male
    Alias
    I/L Wizard
    I really like Chris' idea!

In addition to having random bosses spawned that drop event coins; why not have mini-games set that you can play with another player? However, to avoid mass coin farming, you can set the daily limit to 3-5 tries each day. The winner receives a set amount of coins and those coins can be used to purchase things from the event shop (ap reset, potions, etc).

Then, as the seasons change, you can change the mini-games to something different but still keep the 3-5 daily limit. Therefore, it becomes a daily requirement for players to come to henesys to receive their coins. I know it sounds GMS-like with all the dailies (like commerci pq) but I think this idea, in addition to Chris', could be cool!

In addition, you can have the mini games dispersed throughout Henesys. Maybe one can be in one Maya's house, one in the potion shop, one in the park, etc., to hopefully revitalize all the nostalgic places.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Knucii

Knucii Snail

Feb 23, 2021
    8:19 AM
    I like the idea with Bosses in Henesys: White balrog during valentine, Cake boss during b-day, some boss which would fit summer theme (couldnt think of any), pumpkin during halloween, snowman during xmas, and when there is no active event i would stick to (random appearance of PQ bosses with potentional card drop).
    You will hit bosses for fixed dmg while their HP will be boosted to encourage party play.
    Quest for killing the boss resets every 20hrs and as reward you get to choose if u want fixed amount of NX or to raffle and get something random like AP resets/owls/exclusive hair and face coupons/chairs/etc (no CS or WS).

Dimensional mirror sounds cool,
    Moving the moon bunny PQ to the main map is great idea aswell.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    6:19 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    I think this is an idea that should definitely be discussed, if not entertained. For me, when it comes to nostalgia, not everyone is nostalgic for the same things. I personally am 100% for adding a dimensional mirror just because it was super easy to navigate to party quests since i was in the mood to PQ that time and not having to travel made it alot more friendly and accessible, so to me, it's definitely something i am nostalgic for.

Just because it goes against the original "travelling and exploring" mindset, wouldn't you agree that the server still needs to evolve beyond its limited constraints? I think there is a dire need to balance being a true blue "vanilla" server with being a unique v62-inspired server. Which one does everyone prefer? Clearly one that has been "custom-ly" optimised as MapleLegends is currently.

Where i am going with this is that although i agree with you that we should not prioritise solutions that cut down on fast-travel options, the past has shown that cutting down on travel time has definitely increased overall engagement. Case in point the ships. AFAIK they used to be 30mins long, now 10mins or something like that.

I agree with taking points from WoW. I think we, as a server need to definitely look at other MMORPGs entirely to see what works and what doesn't. Just because it's a different game, doesn't mean the core concepts are not too dissimilar. It's important to gather knowledge from a multitude of resources. Do you know of anything else Classic WoW/a super long term MMORPG has done to remain balanced and evolving as fairly and effectively as possible?

Regarding boosting the PQ, i think this is a great addition. especially for new players. I personally chill around KPQ just because i know thats the best place to find new players, but buffing rewards need to be worthwhile enough to be fun, but also not crazy enough that its abusable...

I agree with you regarding nostalgists that dont really explore the server at all. heck i am definitely one of them. Which is also why i think its important that any discussion considers the varying stroke of player types. I know you can't please everyone but its really important to atleast try.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    I know this post is centered around Henesys but I remember there was an event in original GMS where GMs would go to each town in Victoria Island and announce something like how Ferlucio did about Pink Bean and Horntail, Gobies a bit ago Damievent.png

and since a lot of players would be in one map the amount of packets that are sent could possibly disconnect players so there could be multiple channels like, 1 to 3 there were other ones like a frog.. its small it dies and spawns into a bigger one and dropped event coins. (one per person.)
    00IHs-810633ca-db4a-477d-bb28-47b60e9b2940.png download.jpg images.jpg MS_Monster_NooNoo.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  16. Tuti

Tuti Blue Snail

Aug 15, 2017
    Male
    9:19 AM
    Beginner
    DONUTS
    Add lvl 100+ PQ in Henesys

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    This one will probably hated but ''rested EXP''.

This is a feature in WoW where (Really slowly) you could leave your character in a town for rest your EXP and get a bonus amount for killing monsters. In WoW it works like this ''Rested XP is gained at a rate of 5% per 8 hours when you are in a Capital City or Inn.

So basically, every 8 hours in a town, you get double experience for 5% of the experience. Obviously this should be disabled for bosses.

I can't imagine people not taking advantage of it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Seaners

Seaners Blue Snail

May 22, 2016
    Male
    Seaners
    Spearman
    Noobs
    I would love to see the market button disappear. It would make all the towns more lively, and I think it is a crutch.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Agree Agree x 7
  19. Loug

Loug Horny Mushroom

Apr 21, 2020
    Male
    3:19 AM
    Loug
    Paladin, Bishop, Marksman, Buccaneer, Corsair
    I was about to suggest something about a "world boss" at Henesys with a reward system that can be exchanged for nx items(AP resets, pet items and so on) but it could make it unplayable thanks to people who play with dozens of characters at once.

The solution I came up with is instead of a level requirement they could add restrictions so only 1 client per IP can enter the town on let's say ch 1-5 while keeping the weekly/monthly cooldown, as for ch 6-8 they wouldn't have any restriction but also wouldn't have a boss, this would solve the problem for people making new characters who want to multiclient so they don't get stuck outside Henesys while questing or doing hpq.

20. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    There technically already is a PQ in Henesys for people up to 200

• Agree Agree x 1