1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Making towns / Henesys more alive

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kimmy, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Redwop

Redwop Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jan 27, 2016
    12:46 PM
    Sorry, I don't think I understand.

Are you suggesting one-way travel between Florina Beach and Aquarium?

2. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    7:46 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    I'm saying that if you can travel instantly from Lith to Orbis via the NPC in Florina nobody will ever take the boat from Ellinia to Orbis or vice versa.

3. Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    The part I don't understand is connecting Hot Sand to a map in Aquarium. If you come from the direction of Aquarium to move to Hot Sand, and then teleport back to town and use Pison, he'd still have to teleport you somewhere.

Are you saying that Pison should teleport you only back to Lith Harbor, but not give you options to move to Ludibrium or Orbis?

4. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    If you use a TP rock to leave Florina and another to TP back, he gives you the option to warp back to the town you last used to travel there IIRC. I'm suggesting that it keep working that way but with a portal to Aqua Road in Hot Sand.

5. Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    I see, I think I understand what you're saying. You support the idea of having travel between Florina Beach and Aquarium.

I think we're advocating for different things.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    10:46 AM
    Put something similar like growing the maple tree, where players can donate a certain quest etc item that drops from all mobs to grow it.

Once it blooms, drops a bunch of one-of-a-kind quest items which can be turned in for random points(say, 1-10 henehoe coins) once a day.

These henehoe coins can then be used to exchange cosmetics with expiry date like cash equips, mounts and untradeable chairs. I think regular gacha tix is fine too, like 100 points for 1 tix.

This can encourage players at the end of their day to go back to henesys from whatever activities they were doing to donate the etc and collect the quest item drop for the points. Then maybe proceed to just chill around the area until they call it a day. Daily top 10 donors can get extra points perhaps.

I think this is simple and fun, something which the community can come together and to contribute, something common among all players regardless of level.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    11:46 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Its the idea, 2022, year of the world cup, nobody have time to boats e.e

8. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Oh, yeah most definitely thats how it should be.

IIRC Spinel behaves that way too, if you open TP rock and save the map at Kerning City and go elsewhere lets say Ludibrium then use TP rock to TP to a Spinel map after doing Pap or something your next interaction with Spinel will take you back to Kerning City because you saved the map in TP rock there.

9. Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    There was a mention earlier in the thread about giving Henesys a costume room. There's also been a suggestion posted six years ago around creating "normal cosmetics". Today, I compiled a spreadsheet that lists some equipment (474 armor) that you can obtain from Gachapon. I will try to connect these three ideas.

I imagine having a costume room would require for a larger wardrobe, so I suppose all of the armor I've listed could be given NX covers, and (where agreed) substitute the equivalent items in the Gachapon system.

The costume room could be the Henesys Game Zone. Why? Because there's ample room for players to move here.

You could create two NPCs. One NPC can be in towns where there is Gachapon - one who can accept the armor. And the second NPC can be in the Game Zone where players can take said items. The Game Zone could also allow for these items to be dropped freely, so other players can pick them up and or use them.

Edit: I mean, if need be, it could also just be in Maya's house.

10. Naveh

Naveh Slime

Apr 22, 2015
    Henehoe
    5:46 AM
    Vazdias
    Thief
    Did something change since this suggestion?

The reason why in old times henesys was so popular:
    - There were many people online back then, and leveling was so slow that most of the character were still stuck on Victoria Island mostly, and the most appealing place to hang out with people was henesys.
    - A lot of times back then seasonal events were a lot of times from NPCs in henesys (Cody for exmaple), so its also a reason for people going there. (Or the event with grendpa\grandma in Henesys Hunting Ground III.
    - In higher rate server usually transportation is instant so it cause henesys is still the most appealing OG place to go, so its easily popular. (Even reboot for example).

What can we understand\change based on that information:
    - change EXP to 1x (Won't happened).
    - Removing the FM warp button thing can be great in my opinion, just gives too much focus on free market. (Won't happened too I guess)
    - Give free market map less focus, all the time they are chaning its style no wonder people only go there with all of the focus given.
    - Being creative and using Henesys more as the main place for new\seasonal events.

11. Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    [​IMG]

Every Omok set takes one space in your ETC inventory. It also takes time to collect the items to make one.

I think Casey should offer an option to "hold" any Omok set you give to him. That way, you can retrieve the item from him anytime you want to play it.

That gives one reason to visit the Game Zone. It might also help boost player presence in that map itself.