1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

MapleLegends' future economy solution

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DivineArrow, Dec 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    5:19 PM
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    AP resets better be 100m each then

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:19 PM
    Moderator Post
    This is one we never really officially discussed, but was always in my 'irritation list' how overpowered NLC pots are compared to anywhere else. You forgot to list Melded cheese by the way which is a ridiculous OP pot early game (500 HP/MP and wdef buff iirc) for very cheap.

Due to being able to die by lag, etc, I think this is more a frustrating solution than a good one.

Mesos reductions to skip travel will not be implemented at this point.

3. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    6:19 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Yea NLC pots are op as fuck... Maybe increasing pot costs could help out with reducing the mesos in circulation.

Now as for my suggestions:
    • Meso-only chairs: maybe converting some of the NX / Donor chairs into fairly expensive (let's say 50m) meso-only chairs. There are a lot of chair collectors and it could be a fairly good meso sink.
    • Gachapon (Mesos): I'm thinking sort of like the Halloween event type raffle. Where you have a chance to get some cash items (outfits), smegas, chairs, and AP resets. Ofc AP resets being the highest/rarest tier.
    • Magic Throwing Knives (whenever Neo Tokyo comes out): someone above mentioned how JMS & MSEA had Magic Throwing Knives at 500m. I think we can adjust that price downwards to around 150-200m or so. By making it cheaper (and not 500m), it makes it more likely for a large portion of NLs to switch over to MTKs. Then we can sink at least a couple billion from this alone from the NLs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    There are some very interesting idea's in this thread, some good and some bad. The meso inflation is happening for sure, but the rate at which it is happening has been very slow mainly because of the 1x meso rate.

For starters I'd like to debunk the fact that gachapon is ruining the economy. In fact, it is meso sinking alot more then you might think, since it spreads mesos over to a lot of different people, who may spend those mesos again which makes good use of the fee system currently in place.
    It does spread valuable items to lower leveled new players, which you might think is a bit unfair, but thinking about it most of the people in this group are casual players very prone to quitting unlike the higher leveled playerbase, which removes mesos out of the system at a bigger rate then you may think since most of them sell the items they get.

I don't think we need to have any extreme measures implemented at this point, but some small changes which may slow down the meso inflation to a point of irrelevancy is a very good idea, while tackling some imbalanced game features.

Some good points:

- Balancing out potion costs is a good start. there are a few potions (mainly the NLC ones) that simply make potion cost irrelevant.

- Higher the fee rate for shops. Shops are permanent in ML unlike the original, so there is very little reason to let it have lower fee's over trading. Also, consider making the fee rate flat instead of scaling, since alot of fee is avoided by people buying etc's 1 by 1.

- Create some meso exclusive services / items. Like _niseONE_niseONE mentioned, some chairs would be a good example since I believe there are plenty unused chairs that do exist in the files.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    A chair kind of Gachapon was attempted at MapleRoyals and was not really well received - its a very meh way to bring in chairs that are otherwise rare and is wasted potential to be used for events - not a fan.

I mean, it works with the goal, but if it brings a ton of negative feedback with it especially for the collectors would it be worth? Furthermore would you really want see people sitting on a lot of fancy chairs in the FM all over the place? I personally don't.

Of course people are now already sitting on event chairs, but that's what they are.. event chairs. People like to show off in which events they did participate, and having that ruined by throwing them all in Gachapon is just not the best idea to handle the meso sink issue.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    "Let's say Kimmy has 1 bil mesos & is farming like 100m per day from Gobies. Kimmy tries to spend her money, but everything is so cheap. Zak helm, gene 30, attack work gloves, etc etc. After buying everything, Kimmy still has around 1 bil mesos. By next week, Kimmy has 2 bil mesos. The mesos keep generating, but theres less and less to spend it on, except WS & Chaos scrolls."

- The reason why Zak helms are 10m each is because of the amount of players that are able to kill it now compared to when it was 50m per helm. Demand < Supply and i've noticed a lot of people are hungry for meso and don't like to spend. If all the guilds agreed on 50m zhelms and didn't mind being patient, it would still be 50m. It's the same for HT books now If all the guilds don't agree on a decent price range and work together, I would guarantee HT books would end up like Zhelm prices.

- Farming gobies 24/7 takes a certain type of person in order to make 100m per day, if I had to guess maybe <10 people actually farm 100m+ per day for weeks straight. It eats you alive and you eventually get burnt out at this rate. I don't think they need to be nerfed because of a few people that can actually manage this.

- Smegas for mesos/ FM owls is a good meso sink I think this would be the best option, try this out and keep track of the mesos spent on this npc if it gets released to see how big of a meso sink it is. I think KimberlyKimberly might be surprised.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. sedrios

sedrios Slime

Jul 8, 2017
    12:19 AM
    StarSlayerX, AbbaJesus
    Priest, Night Lord
    Labyrinth
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. R0wdy

R0wdy Pink Teddy

Oct 1, 2017
    R0wdy / PPFingers
    Spearman, Assassin
    I agree that this is real. It's so easy to make money here. I remember back in the old (GMS) days, getting your first decent wg was such a huge accomplishment. Now the average a player can "get lucky" with PQs and gach and have awesome equips before even hitting 3rd job. Point is, it's very easy to make money here. Solution? Reduce the supply of money. Eliminate meso drops from monsters? Raise the price of gach tickets from 1k to 5k? Set a cap on the number of gach tickets you can purchase per month?

Any economists on here? :coin:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

10:19 PM
    Instead of making AP resets buyable with mesos, how about Hair, Face and Skin coupons buyable with mesos.

Exp coupons will for sure sink mesos the same way it sinks 200k nx.
    (I personally would really like to see this implemented)

A NX gachapon / random box would be cool however I think after a while people would get bored of it if it wasnt actively updated (which gives gms more work). Plus, if the nx expires in x days, i dont really think people would gamble their mesos away to get 1 item that looks nice for 90 days. If its permanent, it loses its rarity and makes donations pretty pointless.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I know why zak helm prices have crashed, the supply is just far greater than the demand. You're right and so is what u predict for HT pendants & sb.

But these price decreases factor into the larger problem that's to happen in the future, which is meso hoarding & hyper inflation which will eventually occur as a result.

For the 1bil + 100m per day, I was just using random numbers LOL please don't take those realistically.

I think Kimmy's concern for smegas are right that it might get too spammy, but I think ur right that mesos & smegas would end up being a surprisingly huge meso sink.

11. R0wdy

R0wdy Pink Teddy

Oct 1, 2017
    R0wdy / PPFingers
    Spearman, Assassin
    That just frees up NX to be spent on other stuff, namely, gach.

Reduce the amount of NX received by voting. 5k per week is sufficient. Hypothetically (on the current system), if you vote every day you can get a 35 tix bundle once a week. Do this a few times and you're virtually guaranteed to get a few decent scrolls/equips. Easy money. Free money. For doing nothing.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 13
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Yea in hindsight a meso gacha is a bad idea. Thought the gamblers of this server would like it, but you're right there's nothing valuable there to actually gamble for.

Also really in favor of mesos for appearance change coupons! Great idea ^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Kevoon

Kevoon Mano

Oct 1, 2017
    Kevoon
    5k NX a week? Well ill finish washing in a decade. Seeya in a decade

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    So Julie can change her hair every day ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. R0wdy

R0wdy Pink Teddy

Oct 1, 2017
    R0wdy / PPFingers
    Spearman, Assassin
    I almost forgot everyone was HP washing... XatEmbarrassed

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Most people use their NX as a one time thing for comestic appearances, so I don't think it'll drastically change how players use their NX. People either do what you mentioned or save up AP resets. I think that's just always gna be how it is, so its better to think of solutions that cater to that player behaviour.

17. Zyku

Zyku Stone Golem

Jan 21, 2017
    Male
    4:19 PM
    Zyku, Vulpix, Expert
    I/L Arch Mage
    Agape
    Owls and Charms for mesos would be pretty interesting! Smegas though would definitely create a lot of spam.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    1m per smega, endure the spam and they'll be out of mesos soon ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. R0wdy

R0wdy Pink Teddy

Oct 1, 2017
    R0wdy / PPFingers
    Spearman, Assassin
    That's exactly my point. Do we have any evidence to say what the predominant player behavior is? We know that AP resets are huge, but I don't know about cosmetic stuff and gach. I thought the latter was more common.

20. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    Use mesos for REG hair/eye coupons?
    That sounds like an idea that i'd happily throw mesos into!

• Like Like x 2