1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

NullExp command

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by cakesogood, Dec 4, 2019.

1. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    7:31 PM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    I would like to make another suggestion of @nullexp where you won't get any exp or take exp when leeching. This way more convenient for leechers not needing to go fm to buff. Don't need to /party invite /party expel every few seconds as well. A QOL change...

People gonna use mules no matter what unless you prevent them which will make them sad.
    Better to make player experience better for them.
    These changes make grinding a smooth experience and more fun...

Before
    /partyinvite si /partyexpel hs /partyinvite se /partyexpel hs /FM BUTTON partyinvite si /partyexpel hs /partyinvite si /partyexpel hb /partyinvite si /FM BUTTON /partyexpel hs /partyinvite si /partyexpel hs/partyinvite si /partyexpel hs/partyinvite si /partyexpel hs/partyinvite si /partyexpel hs/partyinvite si /partyexpel hs/partyinvite si /partyexpel hs/partyinvite si /partyexpel /FM BUTTON hs/partyinvite si /partyexpel hs/partyinvite si /partyexpel hs/partyinvite si /partyexpel hs/partyinvite si /partyexpel hs/partyinvite si /partyexpel hs/FM BUTTON

After
    @nullexp

Attacker who kills a monster and uses @nullexp will still get exp
    Exp bar turns red so you won't forget that your Exp is being nulled
    Doesn't work on bosses or /if the attacker does more then (10~50% dmg/hit once) to bosses. @nullexp will not work even when someone else kills in this case

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    that might be a good suggestion, so i can stay in LPQ until i get 5 of the boss cards :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    11:31 AM
    I don't really see the need for this. Generally, your buff mules would be too low level to take exp anyway. If you're leeching at GS2, WR or WS, you should be able to 1hit those with a bishop, so no HS mule is needed. HB mules are level 41, so you don't need to worry about them taking exp. Anything high enough to need a proper mage to leech, a level 81 HS mule won't be taking exp.

What other mules are you taking in? SI is the only one I can think of that this would be of benefit to.

Even if it was of benefit, I would still kind of be against the idea. The fact we even have an FM button is enough of a bonus and we don't generally try to encourage people to use mules.

4. OP
    OP
    cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    people still gonna do it even in FM like myself... might as well make it more relaxing to the user

there is also low lvl leech for int lords and int masters

5. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    7:31 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Biggest flaw i see is what happens to the exp when the mage leeching nulls their exp? Does the mages exp get split between the leechers or does the exp disappear? Not worth adding imo regardless because as banana said we shouldn’t be encouraging such heavy mule use imo.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    the person who kills will get exp no matter what only apply to leecher

7. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    4:31 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    best work around to this is to have a mule on a rope and /partyinvite muleIGN copy pasted.

then you type enter, control+V, enter. This will send a party invite to the mule.

Then, you click accept invite on the mule, use ur buff then type /leaveparty

During the second go, instead of typing /leaveparty on the mule, you can press enter, up enter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    yes, this is what I do, but with my HB and hs and si so it takes more effort. If this is implemented it will make leeching more fun and relaxin.

9. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    Where are you leeching that your HB mule is taking exp? That's the crazy part of this to me

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. OP
    OP
    cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    jr wraiths and genins sir

11. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    7:31 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    How do you limit this though? What about utilizing this in a bossing scenario. What constitutes a leecher in HT? If I’m 200 can I do null exp and let the rest of my party get exp? People find ways to abuse these systems all the time just look at what happened to the tax rates in game because we used to pay splits as 999,999 to get a lower tax.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    dosent work on bosses then thx for the insights
    or if he does more then 10~50% dmg/hit once to ht he will get exp no matter what

13. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    This might be the best suggestion out of @nullexp.

14. Mott

Mott Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Dec 2, 2018
    Maya's House
    NightShadow, CannotAim, Mattato, Mottini
    Night Lord
    Spirit
    Maybe a suggestion can be to add the command:

/acceptparty

This would allow for super quick mule rebuffing but not break the game by nulling the exp, which could easily be aboosed

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I don't think I'm a fan of continually pushing the player base towards adding more and more clients and supporting that method of play. A big part of me would like to see the game move in the other direction, towards the old-school feel of a single client on a single character for the most part. And I say that as someone who has made almost every mule[Though I rarely use them] and as someone who theory-crafted the eventual ruin of HT, and given the state of many of the HH mules I feel like it's getting close, and they've likely reached full scale production at this point once people found out that not only are they viable, but damn effective.

I just don't like the message it sends when characters are simply mules, and updates to make that easier simply normalizes uber-efficient mindset in playing the game.

• Agree Agree x 6
  16. OP
    OP
    cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    well if you really want that we can make si only active when bucc is in party and in the map :D
    Or make hh scale with bonus attack/stats
    Many players will be mad so i think my suggestion would be good

17. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    5:31 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    ^ i just found out "HH mules" are a real thing. before i thought it was just a joke name for paladins. mulestory is getting out of hand...
    OnionSilent

18. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:31 PM
    Moderator Post
    There are a few times this was suggested before here, and there's also a server I know of that has a similar system - Being Royals with their 'EverStone'

In MapleRoyals it's currently heavily abused by people that hack / RWT and the reason why they use the 'EverStone' method is basically so they can hack silently without leveling up ever, thus being less likely to be caught by their system for leveling up so much.

While the fact it's abused there by hackers is a concern, I am also not too much of a fan of this idea in general. It feels very custom as well as pretty hackish.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    ok any way to make it easier to add and expel then like a feature? if not may close thread

20. OP
    OP
    cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    how about a feature that makes it auto accept's party invite and auto leaves after 1~3seconds?? plz i farming while adding ppl makes me not wanna farm long ;d