1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Playing Maple Legends on a Linux Box, The Guide.

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Latte, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    6:14 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    This appears to be a known bug with winetricks at the moment. I don't know if there's a workaround rn, but it's definitely not something you're doing wrong!

2. MapleAlex

MapleAlex Red Snail

Jan 4, 2021
    3:14 PM
    This worked for me

3. MapleAlex

MapleAlex Red Snail

Jan 4, 2021
    Works for me now. Used Cak33 mini guide

• Like Like x 2
  4. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    9:14 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    i haven't tried on the latest version, but glad it did for u :D

5. nunna

nunna Red Snail

Jan 5, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    Hello, anyone who play maple legend under Linux using Wine this year could share me his exact configuration? (wine version, staging or not, windows 98/xp/7/10, which DLLS to copy, where to get it, running with mono, which D3DX libraries needed ...etc). Because i got some issues with Wine (Me and some mated have already tested many wine versions and different settings). The specificity is we are trying from a RaspberryPI4 using a X86 emulator to run Wine. (more details here https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/maplestory-bartop-arcade-cabinet.36423/)

6. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    - Wine Stable from Linux mint (one of the 5.0 variants, no idea which one was installed for me)
    - Windows 98
    - vcrun6sp6 from winetricks (DX files not required)
    - replace ws2_32.dll & ws2help.dll from OP's post.

MapleAlex as quoted my guide above on getting it to run on Linux Mint 20, might wanna refer to it if the 4 pointers above ain't enough.
    I assume you are using box86 right now on RPI4? That software is still pretty much in alpha stage, so many things won't run as intended. However, if u do get it to work, please let us know :DD

• Like Like x 2
  7. nunna

nunna Red Snail

Jan 5, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    Hello, i installed virtualBOX on my PC and also a fresh Debian Buster (i386).

> Installed wine stable 5.0.3
    > Windows98 from winetricks
    > vcrun6sp6 fom winetricks
    > replace ws2_32.dll & ws2help.dll from OP's post. (i took the one from the First post of this topic... is it good?)

But, i got the following errors:
    Any help on this? :)

8. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    I don't remember encountering this problem before, but make sure you are running using MAC files, not Windows.

9. nunna

nunna Red Snail

Jan 5, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    I was using windows files. I'll try with the MAC files. Thanks Cak33, keep in touch

10. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    windows files will not work on wine environments for now.

11. nunna

nunna Red Snail

Jan 5, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    I downloaded the MACOS game and tryed to run it with wine, but i still got the same errors.

Could you tell what is your exact wine version please? Just type that in the linux terminal :

12. MapleAlex

MapleAlex Red Snail

Jan 4, 2021
    I could tell you mine.

wine-5.0 (Ubuntu 5.0-3ubuntu1)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Captain_G

Captain_G Snail

Jan 15, 2021
    Male
    8:14 AM
    Captain_G
    Beginner
    I have been trying to get MapleLegends running on an old computer (Originally Windows 7 era Dell tower PC) running Artix x86_64 (Viewed as a 32 bit system for some reason), which uses the runit init system and the XFCE desktop environment. I have been trying to get it to work based off the instructions linked to by the Lutris manager. I have been unable to get certain aspects of the isskin.dll (If I am remembering correctly) to function with WINE and WineTricks, along with being unable to install some of the required DLLs as it does not appear to want to install 64 bit DLLs. I also cannot seem to set the default WineCFG to windows 98. I sometimes manage to get to a point where a MapleStory folder does appear, however there is no executable, only a few .reg files and a deep windows system hierarchy of folders including drive names and everything down. I would like to know if anyone has gotten MapleLegends to work in similar conditions and if so, how?

14. sliwa

sliwa Blue Snail

Dec 13, 2017
    Male
    sliwa
    Cleric, Priest
    Captain_GCaptain_G you could try installing the MAC version with 32bit win98 wineprefix (see previous answers), then pointing lutris to the ML executable.

15. artificial

artificial Orange Mushroom

Feb 12, 2018
    DirtyDildo
    F/P Wizard
    Anyone have the new files from Mac? Trying to get this installed

16. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Yeah it works just use 7z utility to unpack the Mac installer. p7zip is the package name on most distros.

17. kikkara3

kikkara3 Snail

Jan 31, 2018
    Male
    4:14 PM
    Bandit
    Im running wine on mint 20.1
    The game starts just fine with emulated desktop turned on but recieves no input from mouse or keyboard. i cant even see the mouse except on the virtual desktop.
    Edit: got it working via downloading mac version and extracting the files.

18. ONASSIS

ONASSIS Mushmom

Oct 9, 2019
    Male
    9:14 AM
    cojs
    Bowman
    were you able to pley it ? I can help you from scratch

19. Sorgrum

Sorgrum Red Snail

Mar 28, 2020
    Male