1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Untradeable White Scroll and Chaos Scroll Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mageor, Dec 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.
  1. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    4:50 PM
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    Normally, I'd like to wait until the patch is released to share my input, but after reading about the changes made directly to white scrolls (WS) and chaos scrolls (CS), I would like to initiate this discussion sooner than later.

To start off, I would like to clarify that I am not against making WS/CS untradable but simply gauging the effectiveness of this change and providing friendly feedback to the devs and the community.

I think that making prestigious coins more easily obtainable is a great way to introduce more legendary scrolls into the system. However, making these legendary scrolls untradable may lead to the rise of new problems affecting new and existing players alike.

Problem???

By making WS/CS untradable, it may cause:
    1. Newly obtained/crafted white scrolls to be stuck in your item inventory. This will lead to:
      • Increased accidental usage of WS while scrolling.
      • Taking up 1~2 slots of the already limited item inventory spaces, if you are very careful with scrolling. (May be averted by exchanging WS/CS to prestigious coins)
    2. But you can exchange it to prestigious coins, so what's the problem? To exchange prestigious coins -> a WS/CS requires 100 prestigious coins + 10 mil. By exchange a WS/CS -> prestigious coins, you will be given a Mysterious Coin Pouch 5 [​IMG], randomly giving anywhere between 80~100 prestigious coins inclusively, where it would on average yield 90 prestigious coins.
      • This leads to an average net loss of 10 coins + 10m, which from first glance appears to be an unintuitive method of rewarding a player when obtaining a legendary reward such as a WS/CS through Gachapon/events raffles. (Tax excluded since selling prestigious coins would have tax implications as well)
      • What is the real reasoning behind obtaining a WS/CS from Gacha just to later be exchanged to prestigious coins? Could a better method be to remove WS/CS from Gacha/event raffles and replaced with prestigious coins/coin pouches as new rewards?
    1. G̶i̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶d̶e̶a̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶l̶o̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶1̶0̶ ̶c̶o̶i̶n̶s̶ ̶+̶ ̶1̶0̶m̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶W̶S̶/̶C̶S̶ ̶e̶x̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶t̶e̶r̶m̶ ̶W̶S̶/̶C̶S̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶r̶t̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶r̶k̶e̶t̶,̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶s̶i̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶i̶g̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶n̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶i̶c̶e̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶d̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶s̶t̶i̶g̶i̶o̶u̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶i̶n̶ ̶c̶u̶r̶r̶e̶n̶c̶y̶.̶ (Removed to avoid derailing the discussion to economic state of MapleLegends)
    2. T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶i̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶t̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶c̶o̶u̶r̶a̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶o̶l̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶W̶S̶/̶C̶S̶,̶ ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶(̶?̶)̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶o̶a̶r̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶G̶a̶c̶h̶a̶p̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶i̶c̶k̶e̶t̶s̶.̶ ̶ ̶W̶h̶o̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶s̶?̶ ̶ (Removed to avoid derailing the discussion to economic state of MapleLegends)

This is how I currently think about this change, but I would love to hear more from my fellow maplers to gain a better understanding of this change.

Potential solutions
    1. Remove WS/CS from Gacha/event raffles and replaced with prestigious coins/coin pouches as new rewards.
    2. In attempt to soften the blow to anyone with existing WS and CS: Convert all existing White Scroll to Ancient White Scroll, Chaos Scroll to Ancient Chaos Scroll (as done a while back to pieces of time when pink bean was introduced) while keeping the untradable tag, disabling them, and having a fixed exchange rate, for example 1 WS/CS : 97 prestigious coins (taxed 2.5% rounded up).
    3. Allow WS the extra feature to be stored in storage to prevent accidental use.
    Additional Questions to the staff:
    1. How many prestigious coins can be stacked in a single slot? 200 similar to normal etcs? or 9999 following the example of NT coins?

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.