1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Weapon Attack potion/buff Discussion [onyx apple]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by akashsky, Apr 19, 2023.

Are onyx apples currently balanced in maplelegends?

1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    29.3%
  2. No

65 vote(s)
    70.7%
  1. Danny

Danny Slimy

Apr 30, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    3:54 PM
    ZerkMania
    Dark Knight
    Active
    Imo it sounds like all this would do is make weaker clearing teams (ht, Zak,pb what ever) struggle much more, ATM there are a lot of people not being accepted into runs due tk being "weak", nerfing att pots will just make players who need them weaker and just demoralize them, all of this debate should be about Apple changes, nor sure how but making pills and ciders weaker isn't a valid point, imo.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Tommygunner

Tommygunner Mixed Golem

Oct 29, 2020
    8:54 AM
    We would need data to figure out if more/less people will be able run PB if apples are nerfed. On one hand, some parties will need more people to run PB increasing from 18 man to 24 man runs for example. BUT 30 man runs that already have trouble finishing a run will no longer be able to run. This affects weak population the most, which I think is bad.

I am all for nerfing apples, but seems like there would need to be overall balance change along with it, especially for PB.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. fartsy

fartsy Skelosaurus

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    7:54 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    there's only one sure way to test it out

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. fartsy

fartsy Skelosaurus

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    apples effectively age the server

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. RemiIia

RemiIia Slimy

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    5:54 AM
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    I'm just going to say this,
    what you're suggesting will take away more of the original game's content.
    this suggestion is so bad that I would even be in favor of ultimate cooldowns well before this nerf even goes through.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    9:54 PM
    How about reducing the supply of apples to make them more expensive to use?
    My thought would be to increase apq cooldown from 6 hours to maybe 24 hours.

7. fartsy

fartsy Skelosaurus

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    originally apples didn't exist on ML

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    People would just make more apq mules.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Will u make 4x extra mules? I personally wouldn't.

10. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    We're at the state of the server where most players have something like 4-5 characters as a minimum. You don't really need to make extra mules. You just need to get married on them.

11. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    How many apq mules do u have then? I'm quite an active apqer myself and my opinion is that it is quite a pain to grind keys on low level characters and I will not create new mules for apq. Changing cooldown will definitely reduce the supply from many players like me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. beegoratto

beegoratto Skelosaurus

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Most likely none, as APQ is a waste of time for most endgame players. What he’s saying though is that he and many other players already have 4-5+ 4th job characters that can easily be converted into APQ mules in the scenario where apples become worth 5m+ (such as reducing the supply by increasing the cooldown)

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    In that scenario my point about making apples more costly is achieved.

14. beegoratto

beegoratto Skelosaurus

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I’d imagine a change like this would have little affect on endgame gameplay such as PB since a small increase in apple prices would be negligible

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    After a certain point, it'd make sense for players to start farming their own apples to use thereby circumventing the need to interact with the apple market. The question is whether or not the pain needed to get to that point is worth the effect it has -- which is virtually none. It just forces players to play content they don't want to while making things more difficult for existing players who utilize apple farming as a simple way to pad their income.

Apples can cost more already as it is. The main suppliers just need to start pricing them higher.

16. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    If it reaches a point where endgame players are willing to convert 4-5 of their characters into apq mules I would say yhe effect is not negligible.

17. fartsy

fartsy Skelosaurus

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    a price point that would make endgame players actually mindful of their apple usage is also one that will sink 30 man pb runs

18. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    You're basically suggesting to throttle supply on a fairly inelastic good. If it gets to a point where it's annoying enough for the regular apple farmers to discontinue their production, the supply drops and the players who need the apples for PB will be forced to run apple picking content themselves as they can't run their desired bossing content without it. The proposed restrictions don't encourage the normal apple pickers to run APQ more - it shifts the production responsibility over to the consumers themselves. Whether or not you think this is a good change is up for debate. I personally don't think it does.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2023
  19. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    They can always self-farm. Increasing price by reducing supply is just a softer alternative than making them untradeable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Why would regular farmers discontinue? I for one would welcome higher price per apple in exchange for running less per day.

• Agree Agree x 1