1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

What content can still be added to MapleLegends?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrJason, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Redwop

Redwop Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jan 27, 2016
    11:40 AM
    Apparently, this came out in CMS or TMS.

[​IMG]

It's called "Lovers' PQ/Grandma Tree". I don't know anything more about it. But I do see in the image a Lv. 120 archer, so I guess the PQ is designed for players over level 100?

Edit: More information about it can be found here.

I honestly also don't think it's missing from MapleLegends, but I'll let you decide :)

EDIT 2:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
  3. Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    Abandoned Subway Station was introduced in GMS and EMS.

Clips:
    part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r5S5JuogVI
    part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6orN_noae8

I don't think it belongs in MapleLegends. The only characters who participate are usually lower in level, and the main reward is a medal (a feature that MapleLegends currently does not support).

I will just say though that the Internet Cafe doesn't have any Premium Road maps of subways. If the Internet Cafe was open to expanding, they could consider the maps from the Abandoned Subway Station, as potential content for encouraging party play.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    10:40 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I liked your both suggestion, hope some1 see it with love

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    MapleStory planned to include more guild-related events into the game.

This is the Studio Invitation:

[​IMG]

Showing this item to Maple Administrator takes you to a lobby leading to studio maps. (I presume these maps are instanced.)

Family Studio Waiting Room

The leader of the party talks to Maple Administrator.
    She will then teleport this party to one of the studio maps;
    Upon entering, the map automatically initiates a timer (say, 10 seconds);
    Upon reaching "0", the photo is "taken" (i.e. sent to "Screenshots", a folder in your game folder);
    Then, all characters are warped back to the lobby.

It's intended to be a cute feature; one to emphasise the social aspect of MapleStory.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    Yuyuan Garden was mentioned in the OP, although it's missing a lot of information. It came to CMS, sometime around 2006.

Some initial information about it was also provided here. In TMS, Temporary Airport was used to connect Yuyuan Garden to Shanghai Wai-Tan.

"This area is almost exclusively made up of shops. A variety of items are available from a number of different NPCs. The Yuyuan Garden also leads to a PVP arena map, which has three doors that lead to three different battle ground maps. It involves a number of contests between two Maplers, usually killing a monster first or completing a jump quest in the fastest time. There is a Free Market entrance here. Yuyuan Garden has no monsters at this time. It is currently only available in ChinaMS and TaiwanMS."

Source

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The three doors object:

[​IMG]

Source for all the images

PVP object:

[​IMG] Source

[​IMG] Source

It's a world map of China. I still don't think there's one specifically for Shanghai and Yuyuan Garden. That probably doesn't matter though.

I don't know how different Yuyuan Garden is to the one in GMS. I also remember reading somewhere that some of the NPCs in Yuyuan Garden had the function of changing your hair or skin — but I might also be falsely remembering things.

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    Like Mushroom Castle, Chryse was introduced to KMS as a theme dungeon. The theme of the dungeon follows that of Greek mythology. The monsters in this area range from Lv. 55 to 63. The same quests and content were imported to GMS for their Big Bang patch in 2011.

The following images provided are taken from here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  8. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela

wooow, i love to see it here

9. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    6:40 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    This looks like the region added above Orbis Park. It was a very small and very linear area. I don't remember anything truly unique or impressive about it - just a shorter Temple of Time.

What was awesome about Victoria Island is that you could explore in multiple directions. Big Bang ruined that dynamic, starting with the linearization of Maple Island.

I'll grant you, this is content and the more content the better, but if this region could be adjusted to give some 'life' to it, that would be better than just another ToT region.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    Yeah, Chryse is plain and ordinary. It faces the same problems as Mushroom Castle — being unbalanced as a level-restricted area. I think if it was introduced to MapleLegends, it would be treated as a place to do leech, which could create unintended problems.

Edit: It's possible that Chryse would have been added pre-BB, but there's still no definitive proof aside it showing an older UI.

11. Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    I deleted my previous post because I wasn't sure if the area was pre-BB despite the image showing the old UI.

I don't think I can make assumptions on whether an area is pre-BB or not just by looking at the UI itself.

• Like Like x 1
  12. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    Vicious hammers

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Creative Creative x 2
  13. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner

Man why is everyone afraid of hammers. What kind of tools yall got at home?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    It's primarily because its a P2W feature of the game, and that's something Legends tries to weed out.

15. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    imagine every OP item with +10 wa xD
    111 lampion,
    25+ capes/shoes
    30+ gloves

16. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    well.. you have to earn it? Still have to get stats that high with successful scrolling.

Just cuz you add 2 more slots to capes and shoes and gloves dont mean that youre gonna get to that attack

personally i think vicious hammers widens item diversity in terms of stats and that leaves more room for progression. For example, 8 att WGs are not worth much. 10 attack aren't worth that much. 12 attack WGs are worth a little more. But then 14 att gloves are a giant exponential leap up over that.

If you add in hammers, 12 attack and 14 attack gloves are worth a bit less, meanwhile 16 attack and 18 attack are more achievable and have more economic value... at the end of the day its still hard to get 18 attack gloves.

17. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    It wouldnt be P2W if its solely acquirable from just NX?

18. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    That's precisely a P2W format - even if anyone can gain access to the NX. Inflation on the server has been an issue for quite a lot of people, and if we start making epic/godly equips even more accessible, then that's just going to drive up prices even more. These items you describe are still possible to get. Yes, difficult, but over a long enough time there can be enough on the server for every player to have one. What used to be challenges at the early levels becomes a cakewalk to players who can afford to acquire one. /TANGENT This has always been my main beef with low-level equips usable by all classes. Because W.Def and M.Def are worthless stats, the most expensive gear are low level. I've ranted about Zakum Helmets and their kin making all level 50+ helms completely obsolete to the point where I wonder, "Why are they still on the server?" Any time a level 50+ helm drops, that's really just a massive meso drop adding to the inflation problem. This is also true for any mage gear that requires LUK. /ENDTANGENT If the best geared players couldn't defeat a new boss added to the server, then I could see the Vicious' Hammer being a needed addition. Until then... I don't see the point. I'd rather have Maker Skill added to the server before Vicious' Hammer if we're talking about versatility in equips.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I used higher example just to be exaggerated to say how elitist it is..

for gloves example, a scg hard craft is enought

20. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    9:40 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    it will be vote2win, which is also what legends is trying to avoid.

yes i know we do have the hp washing issue, but lets not add one more vote2win feature