1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

What content can still be added to MapleLegends?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrJason, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    2:12 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    It's not like you can't do both tbf. Mushroom Kingdom XP mainly comes from the quest line, not the mobs. Once the quests are done people will move on to mobs like Brexton (ideally).

• Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    5:12 AM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    This is a minor gripe although I am sure that many agree with me, but even if mushroom kingdom was balanced for experience or level range changed, there is something about its aesthetic being so polished and different from v62 maplestory that it stands out so much. It feels like a big bang era area akin to LHC and future henesys

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. Redwop

Redwop Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jan 27, 2016
    7:12 PM
    So, I was looking once again online for a map of Shanghai Wai-Tan.

[​IMG]

I came across this map by chance, although I'm not sure how to get ahold of it. Anyway, I found it here, in case you were wondering. All the dots on that image seem to correspond with the number of maps in Shanghai Wai-Tan.

[​IMG]

I believe this image was taken from one of the CMS files. (It's been so long, I actually forgot.)

At the top of the image there is a reference to one of the structures that you can find in Yuyuan Garden. To me it seems to suggest that the game developers might have seen Shanghai Wai-Tan, or China more generally, as part of Victoria Island, but to be honest, I'm not sure what to think anymore. Although, it might explain why Yang the Pilot was placed above Perion.

Anyway, I can confirm that Yuyuan Garden, at least in the original game, was a map in the game where you could go to change your style and do PvP.

I probably mentioned this in a previous post but I'll include it here again.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    Wang Ching Ying || Ye Su || Tae Hee || Yura

And some of the coupons — although, from looking at the files, it didn't seem there were any new hairstyles that you could find here that weren't already available on the server.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

This dude is the PvP Manager — I forgot his name.

[​IMG]

There are stuff related to PvP that sadly cannot be implemented, at least I don't think, but you can preview them below at your own leisure. And, of course, there are other clips you can find online around it as well, showing how it might have been done.

[​IMG][​IMG]

I think I'll leave it there with Shanghai and Yuyuan Garden more generally.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
  4. Cabbagehead

Cabbagehead Orange Mushroom

Nov 10, 2021
    5:12 PM
    Not sure if this had been talked elsewhere before. In CMS and TMS, there used to have a place called Maple Inn, where players could let their character go to "sleep" (logging off) and have a dream if they logged back after at least four hours later. You could talk to Dream Interpreter to analysis the dream, which would be either a good, normal or bad one.

upload_2023-12-8_1-8-52.png

Each good dream rewarded the player one golden pig; with five golden pigs they could exchange them for an exclusive chair. As for bad dreams, Dream Interpreter would give players an optional quest to hunt down some undead mobs for 30 charms to get rid of their misfortune, which is just a massage oil as quest reward.

[​IMG]

Personally, I have very fond memories with this event. I like how the building varies across different towns. One of the reward, Teddy Bear Bed, was the only cool chair I had back then, and I used to flex it in the Dojo. The mechanism is rather unusual in my opinion, as most events would want players spend more time playing the game, this one instead rewarded them by "not playing" maple.

---
    [Sources]
    1. Maple Inn wiki page
    2. A guide on this event, written in Chinese
    3. Another Chinese guide with updated chair rewards
    4. A YouTube video that talks about this event

Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
    • Like Like x 5