1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

When is a Night Lord considered fit for bossing

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Shinohara, Apr 24, 2023.

1. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    1:32 AM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    Hello! Just wanna ask a quick question on when a NL is considered DPS-worthy to be an attacker in bosses from the perspective of regular bossers.

Is it based on the player's gear/attack range, starting from a specific level onwards, or a mixture of both.

Would appreciate any advice on this as I currently have a Lv13x NL but I tend to gloss over bossing content as I'm unsure if my character is to contribute much even on lower level raid bosses like Zakum, Krexel, etc

Edit :
    For reference i have attached my character stats and current weapon below
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    12:32 AM
    If you don't have base int, 13x is totally fine for zakum, krexel.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    1:32 PM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    It depends a lot of your squad, your base int, your gears.
    If you got good gears, you can still do bosses with int without having much trouble. Remember zak/krex are lv140 bosses, so you will have 1% dpm loss per level below 140. You should be good in 6 man parties with SE tho.
    I would look for a 71 craven, 12 att gloves and 3 or 4 att cape with luk/dex scrolls to start. Grt some ilbis too. Shouldnt be hard to get those gears if you farm at nightghosts. Or if you have mages, it's even easier. Those gears will be enough to carry your own weight at mid game bosses.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Shinohara

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    I have a total of 42 base INT, I included a snapshot of my current stats for reference

My gears would be average at best as I currently lack the appropriate funding for better gear, stars wise i have a healthy supply of hwabis and ilbis so i left those out of the equation.
    I affixed snapshots of my current stats and weapon in the original post so perhaps it might provide more insight into what I am still lacking or might need.
    Appreciate your responses FoxF2

5. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    6:32 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Just try to start running bossing content as soon as you hit 135, you won't be the strongest in the squad but it'll be a fun way to progress further. Hit up your guild or other groups/guilds to see if you can join :)

You practically have no base int which makes up for a lot so you should be able to de decent enough

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    11:32 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    Have you considered remaking? As an old player, you might have some high NX account sitting around. Leveling isn’t quite as hard as it was back then nor is gear progression. Some extra HP (even accounting for challenges system) will always help as HB is no longer a necessity to survive.

Other than that on the dpm front, your NL is playable bc of your lack of int. If you want to play really casually, some upgrades (like the ones suggested above) and higher wa pots (makes up for gear differential) might help.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    9:32 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    You should be okay to wash out all of your INT now because your current washing efforts will be overtaken by the challenge system entirely.

• Like Like x 2
  8. OP
    OP
    Shinohara

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    Boss content such as Zak, Rav, and pap for starters at 135 I presume?

Remaking's out of the question for me unfortunately as real life commitments eat a lot of my personal time so I doubt I can spare the necessary time to retrain my NL from scratch FoxGhost
    Casual wise my NL does fine on regular content but I am slightly more reserved when it comes to bossing content as I do not have a benchmark to judge if my NL can contribute sufficient DPS with my current range to be taken aboard a raid team(where SE and better pots like Apple are available).

From my understanding in the Alpha Challenge system thread, wouldn't my NL be ineligible for the new system as it has undergone washing? SlimeSweat2

9. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    7:32 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    The challenge system allows players under certain HP thresholds to gain more HP. It doesn't matter if they washed or not, as long as they're under the promised HP threshold, they should be eligible to gain the HP to match whatever the system gives. So, if you are lvl140 and you have 6k HP, the system would give you 800 more HP to match the 6.8k it promised. If you're say 6.2k HP at 140, you will only get 600 HP to match the 6.8k HP. But if you are above that then you won't get anything.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Shinohara

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    That's reassuring to hear, thank you for clarifying FoxBye

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    6:32 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    To be fair, nobody really cares how high your damage is for zak/pap/rav/krex! Don't worry too much~

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1