1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Which job should I main? I'll start tomorrow

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Natxbxn, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Natxbxn

Natxbxn Red Snail

Apr 1, 2019
    Male
    9:22 PM
    Cicak
    Hi, I'm a new member of Maplelegends. I used to play in the Mapleroyals server but got bored and wanted to try a different server. I'll be creating my first character of this server tomorrow. Any advice on which job I should start with and anything I need to know before I start?

Thanks, much appreciated

2. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    7:22 PM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    My answers will probably be the general answers people might give but here goes nothing..!

If you want to create a first character to be self-sufficient then Clerics are generally the way to go since they hardly use potions and can rake up quite a bit of mesos for use on itself or newer characters.
    If you want a unique job choice then going for Paladins, Vipers, etc is an option since they're really uncommon.

Not sure if the primary bossing classes have had any changes since i am generally inactive but NLs, Bowmasters, and Heros are still top-notch choices in my opinion.

3. ThePotatoSalad

ThePotatoSalad Windraider

Mar 19, 2017
    Male
    Sweden
    11:22 AM
    LucyFlower/ZhanShen666
    Bishop
    ChineseSoul
    This is fully depends on what role you are playing with.
    If you want to play as a casual player, you can go what class you like most.

If you want to be apart of the end game content, classes with high amount of hp will be your best choice.

If you want to be apart of the end game content and planning to start with any ranged class, you probably have to do the HP wash and i do not recommend you to pick ranged class as your first character.

Things you should know:

1. There are some items will give you hp and that will help you little bit with hp wash.
    monster book ring
    ellin forest ring
    ckpq equipments(MoN, Balck fist cloak)
    Scrolls for pet hp
    2. Create a mage class as first character will secure your mesos income by selling leech or grinding.
    3. You cannot buy gach ticket from CS, but you can get gach tickets by killing mobs.
    4. you can daily vote with multiple accounts, more details you can check here
    5. Do not be toxic or i will defame you(just kidding)

Welcome to MapleLegends and enjoying your stay.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    3:22 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Shadower. They level really fast once you hit third job with meso explosion and they can be a part of all end game content without hp washing.

• Like Like x 3
  5. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    6:22 AM
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    It depends on what you want, like what ThePotatoSaladThePotatoSalad said, if you're planning to be a causal player then play whatever class you like

If you're aiming for endgame but do not want to do the hardwork (hp washing), then i suggest a hero, paladin, or shadower. They do not need to hp wash and can be part of all endgame content.

I do suggest making a cleric though. They are probably the easiest character for new players in the server.

6. OP
    OP
    Natxbxn

Natxbxn Red Snail

Apr 1, 2019
    Male
    Cicak
    Thanks for the advice, I'll make a cleric first to fund my other characters and decide which other character to make after.

7. OP
    OP
    Natxbxn

Natxbxn Red Snail

Apr 1, 2019
    Male
    Cicak

Thanks so much for the advice,

I'll make a bishop first and then probably use it to fund either a hero or a NL.

I have one question, should i hp wash as a bishop?

8. OP
    OP
    Natxbxn

Natxbxn Red Snail

Apr 1, 2019
    Male
    Cicak

Thanks for the advice, I've decided to make a cleric first to fund my other characters but i'll definitely try out a shadower after

9. OP
    OP
    Natxbxn

Natxbxn Red Snail

Apr 1, 2019
    Male
    Cicak

Thank you for the advice,

Yea I'm pretty casual but the guidance is nice.

Yea I've decided based on the replies to start with a Bishop to fund my other characters.

I'll make a Hero and a NL once i have good funds using my bishop.

10. ThePotatoSalad

ThePotatoSalad Windraider

Mar 19, 2017
    Male
    Sweden
    11:22 AM
    LucyFlower/ZhanShen666
    Bishop
    ChineseSoul
    Deepens on your behaviors still, someone used to wash mp to save pots bills, someone wash hp for late game content(some bosses do lots of dmg), and someone just don't give a damn and only do the leech things(that's me).

Hint: The HB buff from DK is pretty good.

11. OP
    OP
    Natxbxn

Natxbxn Red Snail

Apr 1, 2019
    Male
    Cicak
    Got it, thanks so much

12. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    If you are going for that route, i actually suggest against bishop and instead reccomend archmage + HS mule.

In order for bishops to 1 hit anything relevant (ulu 2, etc), you need 3 of the following:

1) High level
    2) Genesis 30
    3) MW20
    4) Very good int gears

Genesis 30 is like 150-200m at a 50% to pass the book. So this costs you like 300 to 400m to pass on average.

MW20 is like 300-400m for 70% to pass it. This cost u like 400-500m to pass on average.

Int gears are very expensive.

If you go the bishop route, you will most likely be stuck on lower level mobs or be forced to 2hit the higher level mobs.

Archmages, on the other hand, have extremely high damage for a fraction of the cost, and have very cheap level 30 ultimate books.

I recommend that you make a fire poison + HS mule if your goal is to fund a hero or nightlord. You will actually be able to 1hit the good leech and meso maps.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    6:22 PM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    I like this

14. Jess

Jess Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2016
    Male
    Canada
    Jess, osooso
    Corsair
    Noir
    If you want to be cool you can be a corsair :) (we have our own discord channel)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Humpf

Humpf Orange Mushroom

Jan 25, 2019
    Male
    Corrosion
    I was in your shoes not long ago dude, every1 told me Shadower as it doesn't require HP washing and all. Got my dit to 55 to realise that its a game, play what you want, regardless of HP washing or not. I created a Sin since its my fav class and am having a blast with it! Not HP washing, just enjoying it for what it is! So with that said play anything you feel like :)