1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is Account Sharing Bad?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ProTato, Aug 11, 2017.

1. ChibiBeany

ChibiBeany Slime

Jun 30, 2017
    Female
    11:15 AM
    Beanybaby
    Assassin
    Chef
    1. you seem to know exactly what these people do at their job by saying you never see them do anything relevant... but do you work with them? no. so youre assuming that just because you dont see something means nothing is happening. the game functions right? you can play right? it seems to be this 1 instance that has particularly upset you so NOW all of a sudden the staff do NOTHING. but allllllll the other times they have helped are now completely ignored.
    2. youre blaming the messenger and redirecting your anger towards the wrong person because it's been stated that these game assistants weren't part of making the ToS, they just enforce it -- it's their job (or volunteer, but im sure they have signed their OWN ToS so they have to also follow ToS). if you truly feel strongly about this situation or the game assistants, then do what Serin said and make a thread about it, not a passive aggressive post.

you say you're here to play and dont wanna be treated like a doormat, but youre not being nice either so why are you expecting them to bend over backwards for you? honestly, treat others the way you want to be treated. if you make a valid point without insulting someone and use logic, it goes over better.

Edit: also, lets be frank, staff dont have to say exactly what they're doing behind the scenes. just like in real life where other staff dont have to explain everything. its not like explaining it to you would make any difference, because i guarantee the next time someone is unhappy with staff, theyll throw the same comment back in their face >_>

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    9:15 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Ah yes, multiple ways you feel about the situation. But did you think? If you actually tried, you might have walked through some similar steps I outlined.

My apologies regardless. It seemed your intent was to keep pestering the staff until they gave you some response you were going to be satisfied with... which I doubt was going to happen.

Oh, I'm sorry, I guess my wall of text failed to grab your attention? Or do you just lack literacy or attention span?

Oh, right. So a person who pours hours upon hours of solid months and years worth of work into coding a game is narcissist for having a ToS and not wanting to compromise it... yet an entitled player who hasn't contributed anything, thinks they can boss a game creator around, and isn't narcissist? Okay. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Frisk

Frisk Pac Pinky

May 3, 2015
    Female
    5:15 PM
    Kasai (new main), Amira (old main)
    F/P Mage
    Labyrinth
    Wouldn't feeling about a topic be the same thing as having an opinion about it? :thonk:
    I feel like [subject] is stupid because [reason]
    can also be
    I think [subject] is stupid because [reason]
    But I guess I should rephrase myself, what I meant is that I have already put out my thoughts and opinions about this topic on this thread already, and I rather not wish to post anything else since I indeed am uninformed about all of this; I'm just here to gather information and see the standpoints of several people ^^'
    I appreciate and accept the apology! <3
    And the only responses I'd be satisfied with is feedback on this topic! The more people honestly saying what they think, the better

4. McCree

McCree Slime

May 26, 2017
    6:15 PM
    You seem to be fairly confident that this one person is the one who did all the coding for this server. Oh, but only if you were not this passiveaggressive and actually listened or well, understood the slighest, you'd have a clue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. McCree

McCree Slime

May 26, 2017
    This is what happens when your feelings get hurt. TL;DR

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    Solstice
    Reading in 2k17 TriHard

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
  7. ChibiBeany

ChibiBeany Slime

Jun 30, 2017
    Female
    Beanybaby
    Assassin
    Chef
    Hahaha still had time to reply though? so i guess my post worked ;) troll, learn how to troll :p
    and feelings arent hurt. i feel its a duty to this community to point out the irony in some peoples posts <3 and now youre irrelevant because nothing anyone says will get thru to you. goodbye~

8. McCree

McCree Slime

May 26, 2017
    I'm not interested in biased replies. Bend over for the staff all you want, it wont change facts. Failing to recognize incompetence is a big mistake, but it's probably not in the best interest for anyone to question anything, since it'll most likely result in a ban or an angry mob of 15 year old girls shouting at you. If you have been here for a longer time, you'll realize that everything is not fine.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  9. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

4:15 PM
    Who is this guy???

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    You joined 1 month before he did :p so I guess he's a newbie that doesn't know anything.

11. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    10:15 AM
    Paladin

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. McCree

McCree Slime

May 26, 2017
    Implying you have to register to a forum to know what's going on.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    9:15 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Calling it now. McCreeMcCree is a dummy account for FrancoFranco !!

14. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

4:15 PM
    Nice Memes

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Pieter

Pieter Slimy

Aug 3, 2015
    Male
    Pieter
    Marksman
    Demure
    Tought it was u Cuz hes talking shit liike u always doOnionGlass

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    12:15 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    If I wanna talk shit, I'll just do it on this account, I don't hide behind a different name, that's fking dumb.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
  18. McCree

McCree Slime

May 26, 2017
    Like it would make a difference, since the staff actively tracks your ip and other information about yourself. Hypocritical to say that ''hiding behind a name is fking dumb'' when you're already hiding behind a name on an internet forum, just like everyone else.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
  19. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    12:15 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Onion...OnionDead

20. Snow