1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Will I be able to find groups if I don't HP wash?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by HotGazpacho, Apr 19, 2021.

1. HotGazpacho

HotGazpacho Red Snail

Apr 19, 2021
    2:07 PM
    Crossbowman
    Basically what it says in the title. I'm playing crossbow and I'm not planning on HP washing unless I really need to, and even then not to the point where I'll be able to go without HB. Obviously this will make me somewhat less desirable for things like HT (if I make it that far). My question is, will I still be able to find groups reasonably well or will I basically be a leper with no group wanting to touch me?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    11:07 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Nah you'll be able to find parties with Hb, don't worry about it too much :) Just play in the way that you enjoy most!

• Like Like x 5
  3. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I think the best way is to find a good guild that runs 10-12 man HT with HB. I would suggest to have like 40-120 int and trying to get to 10k+ hp. There's just some content that's hard to find HB for like NT.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. BentPaw

BentPaw Master Chronos

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    angeloooo
    Night Lord
    Funk
    For bossing content before HT (Zak, Krex, Rav, Pap, CWKPQ, Scar even), you will not have any gating HP requirements. You'll survive anything for that listed content with the exception of touch damage, but there shouldn't be any reason that you should touch these bosses (exception is Pap body 2, this can hit for a little more than 5k hp and it can be difficult to dodge it as it flies around).

• Like Like x 1
  5. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    4:07 PM
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    Even at Pap 2nd body, you can just duck it on the ground. Might be rough if you're soloing it, but if you've got people killing with you, should be fine.

To answer OP, basically all content before 145 you can do without washing (JC being the first thing where range attacks can kill you unwashed), and you'll be fine with HB. Bossing is about who you know, who you're friends with, and what content is available to you. Find a group to run consistently with, be it buddies, guildies, or people from ML Discord/smegas, and you should be fine. I don't think a lot of the bossing expeditions are strict about washed vs. unwashed characters, so don't stress about it too much.

• Like Like x 1
  6. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    5:07 AM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    To focus on HT specifically, people won't kick you out because you aren't washed. Most 12 man ht squads tend to be guild runs where everyone is friends, and most have HB. Your goal is to join these, in this case your challenge is:

1. Survive HT with hyper body. This can take some getting used to, because an unwashed, HBed character can indeed survive the runs but you'll have to be extra vigilant, since you can only take 1 hit before conking it. However it's very doable and tbh players that can do this are the better/"skilled" players in my eyes.

2. Become friends with these groups. They could be your guild, that makes things easier. Generally be willing to join their vc, talk to them, having a likable personality, these things are all more important to me as a ht organizer than any of your stats could bring.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    11:07 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Man I'll never be able to HT :(

• Funny x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
  8. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    I've always said forums need a Sad react

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    6:07 PM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    You wont even be able to do the boss lul

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    3:07 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  11. OP
    OP
    HotGazpacho

HotGazpacho Red Snail

Apr 19, 2021
    Crossbowman
    Geez, now I have to develop a personality? A likable one? Never mind, HP washing sounds easier.

• Funny x 8
    • Great Work x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  12. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    ........and it doesn't really matter.

If you aren't sure if you are even gonna get to HT, chances are you aren't getting to the level 18x range to get the so called "good groups" because that takes a ton more effort to get from 155-180 than from 1-155.

Just enjoy your MM, it'll be fine

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    5:07 PM
    DMsRebirth
    You don't need HB to do zak/CWK/Scar even without washing. For HT, 2 party runs generally have at least one HB that you can squeeze into, although you might end up having problem getting SI in that case as HB tends to be prioritized in range party while SI tends to be priotized to be in cleave. 1 party runs doesn't have HB a lot of the times so when you're high level enough to do 1 party HT and wants HB you're probably gonna have to host your own runs and make friends with a lot of DrKs.

Jiaoceng and Targa will probably not have HB so if you don't have 8k HP or so you probably won't be able to do a lot of them. Verga also sometimes doesn't have HB, but if you have 8.6k HP you can solo it without HB (and not by dodging every attack either). Toad and Pink Bean will always have HB available, though they need a lot of base HP to survive to begin with even with HB.

14. Junaki

Junaki Stone Golem

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    Northern New York
    5:07 PM
    Google, Piks, Arkin, JunakiG, Doss, Nezi
    Hero, Paladin, Dark Knight, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Bowmaster, Marksman, Night Lord, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Galaxy
    There's usually always HB in HT regardless if you wash or not. It'll just make it easier to stay alive is all. Just a little more focusing needed when low HP. But there are plenty of people that don't wash and do fine. :) Maybe not pink bean but that's not even till like 188+. And even then you need a ridiculous amount of washing to do that. So just enjoy your MapleLegends stay. I wash but never anything super sweaty because I like to enjoy content.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1