1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

World Map suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by CutyKristy, Nov 12, 2023.

1. CutyKristy

CutyKristy Snail

Nov 12, 2023
    Female
    10:20 AM
    CutyKristy
    Brawler
    I just started playing Maplelegends recently. It's very nice to relive the old experience.
    I thought about some small things for the world Map that would make life just a bit easier without changing the game too much:

- on the world map. Being able to see what mobs spawn in specific map by hovering the mouse on the map. As well as what NPC you can find in that specific map.

I don't remember when this was implemented originally but it will be such a nice small addition by also keeping the Essence of the old school maple experience

• Like Like x 6
  2. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    1:20 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    That was definitely post Big Bang.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    4:20 PM
    While quality of life improvements are nice, what made old school games fun was the element of not knowing everything. The thrill of exploring a new map, stumbling upon mobs stronger than you, discovering NPCs for quests, and finding hidden shops added a sense of adventure.

The Monster Book provides a reverse search, but requires exploration to unlock entries via card drops to uncover information about mobs.

Regardless, I don't oppose such addition to the game since that thrill has long faded for me and I can find most of the thing I need to know online, other than the drop rate which can only be known as slightly or greatly reduced.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    4:20 PM
    Would be neat if OP's suggestion applies for maps that you have entered before i.e. u need to unlock the function by going into each map.

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. lyrete

lyrete Blue Snail

Nov 8, 2023
    11:20 AM
    Just make it unlock if you have all the monster cards from that monster :p

• Creative Creative x 2