1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Assassin question

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by VentiLatte, Apr 6, 2024.

Tags:
  1. VentiLatte

VentiLatte Red Snail

Mar 15, 2024
    Female
    7:36 PM
    MilkBean
    Thief
    Hello,
    So I’m wondering, is there a difference between raising your dex to be able to equip items and have all your items scrolled for luk, or have a low dex and raise your luk instead, and have all your items scrolled for dex to be able to equip your stuff?
    Like does it make any difference in the end if let’s say you have the exact same amount of dex and luk with each method, but from one method your luk comes from base stats and the other method it comes from equips?
    Sorry if this is a stupid question.

2. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    2:36 PM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    It doesn't matter.

Scroll for whichever is cheaper.

On an assassin, there are only a few slots (ex: earrings) that you're able to scroll for DEX or LUK.

Read more: Scrolling for Secondary Stats

Last edited: Apr 6, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    3:36 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    to give you an idea, I created a poor mode shad (at least in the beginning) I needed 60 base dex to equip the dragon khanjar (not counting the event gear), if it were a craven instead of the dkhan, it would be 10 less dex, as I also need str to divide str/dex, if it were just dex I would use a boot with more dex for example, but, with an average of about 100-120m (counting the price of scrolling the helm) you can keep this base easily, unless you think about MoN (which is perhaps more affordable and better?) 50-70 base likely

4. OP
    OP
    VentiLatte

VentiLatte Red Snail

Mar 15, 2024
    Female
    7:36 PM
    MilkBean
    Thief
    Oh okay, thank you both.
    But then if it’s all the same, why are there people building dexless, if they could just raise dex and get luk scrolled equipments instead?

5. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    8:36 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Because people will either choose to play suboptimal or simply make mistakes.

There's some small nuances between scrolling for dex or luk for thieves other than simply the cost of scrolls. For example being able to keep your weapon equipped after maple warrior gets dispelled or tertiary stats like speed and avoid.

Typically you probably want to go for the cheapest option that gives the most primary stats.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2024
    • Friendly Friendly x 1