1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Gachapon on Maple Island

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Katrimoda, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Katrimoda

Katrimoda Blue Snail

Dec 24, 2020
    Male
    2:11 AM
    Katrimoda
    Islander
    Solstice
    Whilst I know this has been suggested in the past. It was never Denied, Nor Accepted.

I would like to propose that Islanders be given a Gachapon on the island. The previous reasons outlined that we shouldn't get it were that:

1) Seeing a gachapon System on maple island would give a "Custom Feel" to the server.
    ~1.1: To counter this I would like to propose that the Gachapon Machine be added to: Amherst Townstreet Rainbow Street. As Many players will never go into this map, as theres no content to really do there.

2)It would change the dynamic of the island.
    ~2.1 Whilst this is true, it would add new content to the island that we previously didn't have access to, this would balance the playing field for new and returning islanders alike.
    ~2.2 I feel that old islanders would return at the prospect of new content being available.
    ~2.3 While scrolls was a big point in the past, Scrolls are heavily RNG based, and with the fact that its RNG based, we would not see godly scrolled items on the island for quite some time to come.

3)Giving access to the Gachapon Machine could cause some harm:
    ~3.1 Currently people make mules to trade the gachapon tickets to, and use them off island. if we gave access to the Gachapon Machine on maple island, the items would more than likely stay on the island due to the nature of islanders and how dedicated they are.

TL;DR: Give Gachapon to Islanders in some way, shape, or form.

Thanks,
    Katrimoda

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    3:11 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Just imagine xfering this gach tiks from mage outside into islander and ruin what I believe islander should be.

If you get useless scrolls on islander, it's also easy to smuggle outside island. just make another beginner, and carry him/her with your islander.

[​IMG]

Believe or not, not photoshopped. have 3 characters similar with that.

I hope, islander remains as it should be. Since i'm enjoying islander too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Katrimoda

Katrimoda Blue Snail

Dec 24, 2020
    Male
    Katrimoda
    Islander
    Solstice
    I didn't realize that Gachapon tickets were transferrable like that, I thought you had to trade them. Understandable point, I only play islander so I was just trying to create a better playing experience.

4. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I don't think I would use gacha on island to be honest. I transfer them out to get chances at white scrolls, etc. I already virtually 1 shot everything available and I love the cosmetic weapon I already have. The only thing I would want is movement speed which I can get on pet equip a bit, or on event equips.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Katrimoda

Katrimoda Blue Snail

Dec 24, 2020
    Male
    Katrimoda
    Islander
    Solstice
    That's pretty much my reasoning behind suggesting it. Theres virtually no speed boost which is the only way to ideally increase EXP/HR. While I wouldn't want things like Chaos, or White Scrolls available on island. The thought of being able to hit 123% Movement speed would be great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    2:11 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    the gacha in maple island will prolly need a custom list like raffles i guess

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    11:11 PM
    People would just multi-client and pass scrolls and/or items to a mule as level 7 and leave the island asap and transfer them again either way.

I think there should just be a scroll NPC on the island where islanders could just purchase scrolls that they want so that they can just scroll what they have.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Zunga

Zunga Mano

Dec 5, 2020
    Zunga
    Beginner
    Although at first I really liked the idea of having gacha on maple island, I think the biggest concern with any islander update is that you don't want to devalue the work that people have already put in. Things like a bit of extra speed, only increase your exp a very small amount. I agree something that involves that would be a good addition. As it stands the only real way to get a decent amount of speed, is to fund a good pet equip item via another character and transferring it, which is quite off putting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. lemonpasta

lemonpasta Horny Mushroom

May 21, 2020
    Female
    2:11 PM
    lemonravioli
    F/P Arch Mage, Bishop, Corsair
    Bump, maybe a system for untradeable items or beauty coupons

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    12:11 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    A good way to increase exp/hr is to leave Maple Island

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. IoIzor

IoIzor Capt. Latanica

Jun 8, 2015
    8:11 AM
    Islander
    a mini zakum would be cute

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Horntail

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    3:11 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Taking advantage of your suggestion, the smaller areas (such as kerning mall and neo city) with accessibility only through maple island (while there is neo tokyo and taipei outside of it) would be too crazy

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Healer

Healer Windraider

Apr 26, 2015
    Male
    9:11 AM
    We need Mano as the final ruler of Maple Island.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Krythan

Krythan Headless Horseman

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    As far as I'm concerned, Islanders made the conscious choice to limit their gameplay experience. As this choice was intentional and made with complete transparency as to the outcomes, they deserve no special consideration.

Last edited: May 5, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. RemiIia

RemiIia Capt. Latanica

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    we can have a mushmom in maple island, it would be fun to see all the beginners camp out to slay it.
    maybe add the drop table exclusive to the island
    ...bambo spear...tuna fish...yellow umbrella...red skull cap...

Last edited: May 6, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. IoIzor

IoIzor Capt. Latanica

Jun 8, 2015
    Islander
    this!! surprised nobody have said this before tbh islanders are so annoying

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Krythan

Krythan Headless Horseman

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    I love the principle of being an Islander. It's enjoying the game in it's "most pure and distilled form". There's a level of Zen to the commitment. But you can't have both ;) Both the most pure version of the game, and content updates.

• Like Like x 1
  18. IoIzor

IoIzor Capt. Latanica

Jun 8, 2015
    Islander
    Amen brotha